My version of Paul's "Here be Paul" map

Paddy

I am a private sort of person and I am unlikely to publish publicly a map of my location. However, in the interests of a little illustrated story I will step a little outside my comfort zone.

Some background. Where our little house is, the most common forms of transportation are motorbikes and tricycles. Including me when I am there, there are only 2 people in the extended family with driver's licenses for cars. All of the brothers, uncles, cousins, neighbours etc. have motorbike licenses. Since I can only be there for parts of a year at the moment, it is not worth it for us to have a car as a personal vehicle, but it is worth having a tricycle.

Back in the summer while I was at the little house, we bought a slightly used motorbike from my partner's brother (the successful one). The next day, on the way to the house, we stopped at a tricycle sidecar fabrication "shop" in the middle of nowhere. I stayed out of sight (to avoid the kano tax) while my partner went in and negotiated for a brand new, shiny silver (polished bare metal) sidecar. About a week or so later, the two were hooked together and my partner was able to start using the tricycle as her personal ride. 

She used it for a couple of months and then said, "can we get it (the sidecar) painted?". I didn't say "what colour?", I just said "how much?". 5k, it seems, is the price for a reasonable paint job on a tricycle sidecar. I have seen the taxi versions around town and in the countryside. Flat green (countryside), flat yellow (in the town). Her favourite colour is green, My favourite colour is green.

Honestly, I gave no direction as to the colour scheme....

There is nothing like maintaining a low profile. :rolleyes:

post-15276-0-57204900-1387677582_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

I am a private sort of person and I am unlikely to publish publicly a map of my location. However, in the interests of a little illustrated story I will step a little outside my comfort zone.

Some background. Where our little house is, the most common forms of transportation are motorbikes and tricycles. Including me when I am there, there are only 2 people in the extended family with driver's licenses for cars. All of the brothers, uncles, cousins, neighbours etc. have motorbike licenses. Since I can only be there for parts of a year at the moment, it is not worth it for us to have a car as a personal vehicle, but it is worth having a tricycle.

Back in the summer while I was at the little house, we bought a slightly used motorbike from my partner's brother (the successful one). The next day, on the way to the house, we stopped at a tricycle sidecar fabrication "shop" in the middle of nowhere. I stayed out of sight (to avoid the kano tax) while my partner went in and negotiated for a brand new, shiny silver (polished bare metal) sidecar. About a week or so later, the two were hooked together and my partner was able to start using the tricycle as her personal ride. 

She used it for a couple of months and then said, "can we get it (the sidecar) painted?". I didn't say "what colour?", I just said "how much?". 5k, it seems, is the price for a reasonable paint job on a tricycle sidecar. I have seen the taxi versions around town and in the countryside. Flat green (countryside), flat yellow (in the town). Her favourite colour is green, My favourite colour is green.

Honestly, I gave no direction as to the colour scheme....

There is nothing like maintaining a low profile. :rolleyes:

attachicon.gifThe Tricycle.jpg

lol very good but mine only cost 3 k 

D__m! I have been ripped off! :)

(Around our place, 3k gets you the flat paint with a so-so job. Either that or the painter assumed from the design it was foreign aid!)

Mate, don't worry. That is the "Canadian Tax", the extra 2,000 they charged you. :D

• Like 3

I am a private sort of person and I am unlikely to publish publicly a map of my location

In my case, I am kind of hoping certain persons will come around looking for me.  :devil:

mikejwoodnz

In my case, I am kind of hoping certain persons will come around looking for me.  :devil:

I see your current Avatar has been there for a while - care to share the story ?

I see your current Avatar has been there for a while - care to share the story ?

The person that was avatar placed for won't be looking for me, anywhere. 

But, no. I won't be sharing it, not right away anyway.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

The person that was avatar placed for won't be looking for me, anywhere. 

But, no. I won't be sharing it, not right away anyway.

sheez man gimme a break

i told you i was saving up for my ticket

• Like 1

sheez man gimme a break

i told you i was saving up for my ticket

You are welcome to borrow the tricycle if you want to get there unobserved....

• Like 1