Metro Gaisano toOpen inCarcar next year

cebubird

Read this in yesterday's sunstar, and wondered if anyone knew where it was going to be located. Obviously they have begun construction already as the announcement said it would open in 2014, along with 2 in Mandaue, and 2 other locations in the city.

I know they have been trying for 2 years to buy property here in Argao.

Anyway-can't wait for the one in 2car-will save me some drives to the cuidad.

Wolfpack

Read this in yesterday's sunstar, and wondered if anyone knew where it was going to be located. Obviously they have begun construction already as the announcement said it would open in 2014, along with 2 in Mandaue, and 2 other locations in the city.

Anyway-can't wait for the one in 2car-will save me some drives to the cuidad.

what is the difference between the gaisano that is there now and a metro gaisano...isnt it the same thing?

they have been expanding that gaisano in carcar for over a year now...maybe they are just talking about the existing expansion...having some sort of grand opening...if I recall correctly, it says Grand Gaisano on the front of the building...

udonthani

I thought they were opening a Gaisano up in Dalaguete, and soon. I would have thought Dalaguete will also get a Jollibee before Argao does too. It is the slightly larger and more significant town.

I saw the story in yesterday's paper but couldn't find anything additional.  A better alternative than the existing ill-managed Gaisano in Carcar would be most welcome. Dalaguete is smaller than Argao in both size and population so I'm not sure how it's "more significant". 

udonthani

they are about the same scale but Dalaguete seems to me to have a bit of extra edge. The businesses there just seem a bit more developed than in Argao. I'm only repeating something that somebody who lives in Alcoy told me recently - that they are planning to open up a Gaisano there in Dalaguete, in six or months or so he said. Dumanjug has one now, despite being considerably smaller than both Argao and Dalaguete. And course Balamban, roughly the same sise of Argao and Dalaguete has one.

cebubird

Don't care what"somebody" told you--the OFFICIAL announcement was in the paper--5 in Cebu with 2car being the only one south.

They didn't say if the one 2car was going to be a Hypermart or not(60% food)

Tothe question about difference between Gaisano Grand and Metro Gaisano--Gaisano Grand is like a large sized Prince-Metro is far more upscale.

Metro had settled on a location in Argao, but owner wanted to lease and they wanted tobuy.

They are now negotiating on a site just north of the bridge going north(ocean side)All owners have agreed except the most important one which is the portion fronting the highway.

They are now negotiating on a site just north of the bridge going north(ocean side)All owners have agreed except the most important one which is the portion fronting the highway.

That would be a good location, out of the main part of town. But I like Argao the way it is, sans Gaisanos. Here's the original article:

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cebu/business/2013/12/19/metro-gaisano-open-10-stores-next-year-319667

cebubird

Youhave a valid point, Mike, but like I said, it would be nice not to make that trip to the city as often. As you are well aware,the traffic is getting worse and worse, and I think once(if ever)that 4 laning is complete to 2car, then the drive will be worse-not better.

Ozepete

Looks like a new Gaisano being built in Carmen. (North) 

Hope the don't use the same archaic check out equipment they use in their Danao store. (Slightly faster than smoke signals!)

This new store will save us a long trip in congested traffic.

Kabisay-an gid

what is the difference between the gaisano that is there now and a metro gaisano...isnt it the same thing?

they have been expanding that gaisano in carcar for over a year now...maybe they are just talking about the existing expansion...having some sort of grand opening...if I recall correctly, it says Grand Gaisano on the front of the building...

The Gaisano family owns three shopping chains, each run by a different member of the family - Metro Gaisano, Gaisano Capital, and Gaisano Grand. As the name implies, the Gaisano Grands are more upscale. In larger cities, it's not uncommon to find both a Metro and a Grand - but to my knowledge you won't find two Metros or two Grands in the same city.

cebubird

You are ABSOLUTELY wrong about the "Grand" being more upscale--Like I said, the "Grand" is like going to a large Prince.

• Like 1