Sign in to follow this  
fluke

FISHING - what kind of shit should I bring ?

fluke

TDL reel and 50 LB braid ?

I like 1 piece rods , should I forego and breakdown (lol) and get a 2 piece that I can fit in my suitcase (???) or just buy  a one piece there ?

Ball bearing swivels for trolling or is it mostly bottom fishing and jigging ? I do love me some live lining !!!

Around Cebu, what fish can you target from a boat ?  Any guys here put trips together ?  Am I wasting my time and should I just concentrate on spearfishing ? I need one more TOG trip before I get there. Addicting shit I tell you.

thanks

Davaoeno

I am sure that dynamite will be much appreciated if you are going with local fishermen 

• Like 3

JamesMusslewhite

I'm only familiar with the area around Dinagat Island and Siargao Island. This website my help you with the areas around Cebu.

http://fishingthephilippines.wordpress.com/page/9/ 

• Like 2

dc3driver

If you are going to fish around Cebu City, bring some fish.....

• Like 7

fluke

Thanks James

That bad huh ? LOL  I figured maybe Naga or Toledo. Dalaguete or just out there.

• Like 1

cheesemiz

I spearfish cebu and its mostly night spearfishing for fish , eel,cuttlefish in the rocks its not to easy to hunt big fish here . but I have got some nice ones around.

as for fishing you have to have a boat to get out away from the raped shore . but there still some nice fish here bring a fish finder

Canuck Joe

I forgot bait

fluke

HaHa that's you ? I seen before. Your right big fish like the little fish. Maybe I should bring my cast net although I need a lot more practice. Sabiki rigs should work too.

Canuck Joe

HaHa that's you ? I seen before. Your right big fish like the little fish. Maybe I should bring my cast net although I need a lot more practice. Sabiki rigs should work too.

Yup :)

the guy next to us had sunk some bait and was jigging for a body snag...there was not much swimming around down there. I've snorkeled through there and there is not much to see.

KID

Would not be my first choice in bait--- but if your mind is made up ---- I would go with the poop that contains CORN :)

In manila I tried in vain to get the neighbors to take me Bank fishing preferably in a province river but they all just kept looking at me like I was nuts and kept saying I need a boat and that they only fish in the ocean :idontknow:

Canuck Joe

I am sure that dynamite will be much appreciated if you are going with local fishermen

I caught that on film once

toshi

BEER, Lots of beer, cause no fishes left, so u need to do something to not get bored 

• Like 1

dc3driver

BEER, Lots of beer, cause no fishes left, so u need to do something to not get bored 

Silly me!!  Toshi is right. Bring Fish AND Beer for a good fishing experience.

fluke

WOW !!! Kind of like Italy, all fished out. SUX  Maybe another island ???

JamesMusslewhite

WOW !!! Kind of like Italy, all fished out. SUX  Maybe another island ???

Dinagat island or Siargao island. Siargao island actually holds an annual international fishing tournament.

http://siargaofishing.com/gallery.php

Edited by JamesMusslewhite
  • Like 1