Complicated Bank advice.

Davaoeno

I deal with HSBC, BPI and BDO, but mostly with BDO .   I have both my corporate accounts and 2 personal accounts with BDO

this week i went into a BDO to deposit 2 checks into one of my corp accounts   . It wasnt my home branch. I forgot to bring my bank book with me and they told me that they had no way of finding out my account number from the name of my account.

That I found astonishing

BDO just  opened up a new  branch much closer to my home. I went to see the manager of the new branch  yesterday about getting 3 of my accounts moved to that branch. Her answer?- not possible, I would have to close my existing accounts and open new accounts with her.  And believe me to open up the 2 new corp accounts is a huge pile of paperwork - SEC docs, notarized Secretary's resolutions, etc etc 

This is almost 2014 and BDO is a huge bank but they still dont offer the kind of services that we are used to in the west for many many years.  [ like accounts accessible from any BDO branch and  the ability to pay bills and make deposits at ATM machines ]

• Like 1
ellenbrook2001

We reside in the UK, but have a Condo in Cebu we are looking to sell. Once a sale goes through we want to initially to place the money in a Bank Account we can manager on line from the UK. We'd be looking to transfer some funds to other Filipino Bank accounts and also keep some back for use when we return on holidays to the Philippines.

Can anyone offer advise on a bank account that could suit? If so, any ideas on what paperwork we need to take into the Bank to facilitate opening the account? Finally, if we use our Condo address to open the account, what happens when that's sold? Would there be a problem changing the bank account address to the UK?

oh hope you can sell it then has a good price ?? oh you are a fun of SKY a lot lot going there in the cycling sport  funny the SKY team are dominating the TOUR even goes faster the LANCE on the MOUNT VENTOUX even clean something very fishy then pedaling in a funny way been involved in that sport of my life i do not get it yet since the area of LANCE did had a very bad argument in the TOUR with journalist saying impossible LANCE must be on drug guess what a was correct.at next year TOUR many of the favorite going to the ITALY tour sick what going on with sky so now FROOM can win alone with 10 minutes

ed villas
.If I were you I would open an account with hsbc because they have branches in the u.k .

they may be the same bank name but they are not the same BANK. HSBC in the Philippines is just that HSBC PHILIPPINES

HSBC in the UK is just that HSBC UK.

thou they may allow certain features that other banks will not allow

consider BPI

https://www.bpieuropeplc.com/

in 2007, BPI was approved by the Financial Services Authority to establish and operate a wholly owned bank subsidiary in the United Kingdom. This is a first step towards improved banking services such as checking and savings accounts, time deposits and credit cards to our countrymen who have decided to work or reside in the U.K. It is also a first step for BPI to expand within the European Union.

Edited by ed villas

I deal with HSBC, BPI and BDO, but mostly with BDO .   I have both my corporate accounts and 2 personal accounts with BDO

this week i went into a BDO to deposit 2 checks into one of my corp accounts   . It wasnt my home branch. I forgot to bring my bank book with me and they told me that they had no way of finding out my account number from the name of my account.

That I found astonishing

BDO just  opened up a new  branch much closer to my home. I went to see the manager of the new branch  yesterday about getting 3 of my accounts moved to that branch. Her answer?- not possible, I would have to close my existing accounts and open new accounts with her.  And believe me to open up the 2 new corp accounts is a huge pile of paperwork - SEC docs, notarized Secretary's resolutions, etc etc 

This is almost 2014 and BDO is a huge bank but they still dont offer the kind of services that we are used to in the west for many many years.  [ like accounts accessible from any BDO branch and  the ability to pay bills and make deposits at ATM machines ]

why don,t you write to banks ceo and bring to his attention about the banks failings and offer him advice on how to improve their services .I find that the way each branch operates as an individual concern very off putting I had the same problem with metrobank ,I wanted to transfer my account from cebu to bacolod ,er sorry sir you can,t do that WTF .so now I have to go all the way to cebu just to close my account and reopen in bacolod.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Which is better, "HSBC Philippines" or "HSBC Savings Bank", please? Would you tell me what the differences are? Does it depend on what sort of accounts I open? 

Also, how much is the Philippine branch of HSBC connected to my home branch regarding my savings reputation and so on? That is, will having an Aussie account that is having regular amounts deposited help me to get a loan in The Philippines, if you know? Thanks for anything you can tell me.

HSBC Philippines (the commercial bank). The HSBC savings bank is just a Filipino bank with the HSBC logo and crap. It had something to do with allowing HSBC to have banking license they needed to involve Filipinos. Its a piece of shit bank.

senseless

Try selling your condo for bitcoins. You can charge a premium for it being in bitcoins and it's easy to transfer to anywhere in the world with no fee. Take your "wallet" (aka your account) with you anywhere in the world, Send it off to an exchange where you can cash out and have the cash wired to wherever you want, or hold your bitcoin and wait for it to go to the moon again. There's a pretty big bitcoin scene here. I would not be surprised if you found a buyer quickly.

Edited by senseless
Davaoeno

Travelers Cheque No Longer Accepted

Effective December 31, 2013, HSBC Philippines and HSBC Savings Bank Philippines, Inc. will no longer accept Travelers Cheques for encashment or deposit to account.

Please contact the Travelers Cheque Issuer for a list of banks or foreign exchange establishments that provide encashment services.

their is a small chance that the account could be "hacked" or funds stolen by an employee who knows that your there and he is here. and you cant do much if anything til you return unlike 1st world banking systems

o p pleaso be aware some philippine banks make your money dissapear if your account remains unactive for more than 12 months .I can,t remember which ones do this off hand but a forum member did lose a large chunk of cash because he did,nt use his account within the 12 months

I won't be complaining to my UK bank about a statement problem again after reading these comments. Thanks for the "heads up", something else to put in the mix.

Try selling your condo for bitcoins. You can charge a premium for it being in bitcoins and it's easy to transfer to anywhere in the world with no fee. Take your "wallet" (aka your account) with you anywhere in the world, Send it off to an exchange where you can cash out and have the cash wired to wherever you want, or hold your bitcoin and wait for it to go to the moon again. There's a pretty big bitcoin scene here. I would not be surprised if you found a buyer quickly.

Yes Bitcoin has been on the news a lot here recently after someone threw away his computer forgetting he had mined for Bitcoins now worth £4 million.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-25134289

A bit worried that this could be the modern tulip bubble. There are some suggestions a better system may replace it, so I would be nervous using them.