Blue cheese

SomeRandomGuy

SomeRandomGuy

Even though I am not living in cebu at the moment what I did miss was rustans and their cheese department.

Well went to why not the other day as a friend was telling me they have a small little counter in there that sells some and some other euro shit.

Was so happy to get a but of blue-cheese with my wine and smoked oysters for a bit of a lazy thursday afternoon relax.

I usually do not drink but every now and then a glass of red is just something nice to have out on the patio of an late arvo early evening.

What shocked me even more is the mrs had a bite of one of my smoked oyster and blue cheese little hors d'oeuvre making me have to make some more and she loved them.

Dam might have to think against marrying her now if she is starting to get a taste for the finer things in life.

• Like 3
ellenbrook2001

well my future one also start to appreciated French food every meal or i cook a sauce for me shes always hehehe cook me so more to put on my rice ahahahah also shes star to appreciated the FRENCH restaurant in the French consulate at last ???

• Like 1

A Roquefort or Fourme d'Ambert salad is to die for. We have an old friend 70 plus, coming from France to see us in January. He was a sniper in the Algerian campaign, but decided he didnt like killing people so turned Buddist instead. He still keeps a shotgun beside the fireplace though with the box of cartridges on the mantlepiece!!!

He has promised to bring us a secret stache of proper French wine, cheese and Spanish chorizo.

Cant wait!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
SomeRandomGuy

don't quote me on this but I am preety sure that is what was on the packet they had their

Fourme d'Ambert.

It is the only reason I bought it but I am not sure if it was the real deal. Mind u tasted to me like the real thing

Fourme d'Ambert is basically half strength Roquefort, albeit in very simplistic terms!! Still a great cheese but makes you realise just how strong Roquefort is!! Although Roquefort is the more well known French blue, if you can try such others as Blue de Causses, Blue d Auvergne which ranges in taste from nothing to sharp so should suit all palletes, or the relatively unknown Blue de Gex.

Edited by Tinbum
ellenbrook2001

original or not has he taste great why not i did make a pig of my self for the cheese at the BEAUJOLAIS night in the FRENCH consulate ???really missed cheese here

A Roquefort or Fourme d'Ambert salad is to die for. We have an old friend 70 plus, coming from France to see us in January. He was a sniper in the Algerian campaign, but decided he didnt like killing people so turned Buddist instead. He still keeps a shotgun beside the fireplace though with the box of cartridges on the mantlepiece!!!

He has promised to bring us a secret stache of proper French wine, cheese and Spanish chorizo.

Cant wait!!!!!!!!!

oh what time in your place please???????

oh what time in your place please???????

If you can find the thread about wine etc, you will see that we did an introduction evening for the wife's friends to French wine, cheeses, fruits and cold meats.

When the old reprobate is over will most certainly be another soiree'!!

ellenbrook2001

oh thanks anywhere all the best for CHRISTMAS and new year