Gunmen Shoot Dead Town Mayor at Philippine Airport

InternetTough

The murdered mayor and his family were probably martyred by drug dealers. There is only one side to be on here.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ILoveCyrus

• Monsoon

• Brucewayne

• broden

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He wrote it, then retracted it. Now you say he should stand by it but tell him why he was wrong to say it? He retracted it, so chill. We all can speak/write a little hastily. Who hasn't misspoken and

Right, like the mayor's wife and 25 year old relative... not to mention the the 18 month old baby that they murdered... I am sure the baby was abusing the power that the mayor must have given him.  

it was not my intention to "flame" as i do very very carefully word and monitor what i do post. as i truly like  and enjoy this forum unlike those others that attack posters ,with no sense of forum

InternetTough

I would suggest that the courts do the role they have to bring about fair justice.

since this is the Philippines, sometimes the only court or justice is "vigilante" ,

is it wrong? to 1st world beliefs it is wrong.

to the ones who live here ...sometimes this is the only justice they can have

the perpetrators of such acts should have all the facts and evidence before they do what they do.

according to what happens in davao. they are pretty successful w/ a low margin of error

Even with all the resources of the state, after spending sometimes millions of dollars to determine the innocence or guilt of someone in a court of law, mistakes happen. Convicted "murderers" often get exonerated by DNA evidence, years later.

If people tried to determine the guilt of other people on their own, the error rate would be huge. And when they discover that they "accidently" murdered an innocent man, do you really think that their love of justice would be so great as to force themselves to turn themselves in? Fat chance of that! Vigilante groups have a strong sense of their own goodness---no matter what evil they've done.

Vigilante "justice"  was replaced by a court system with publicly-paid police on the intake end for a reason: It is far better.

Anyone guilty of a vigilante killing is a murderer.

Edited by InternetTough
  • Like 1
ILoveCyrus

I read a news feed that this Mayor was also targeted when he was Vice Mayor back in 2010 and some other date (can't remember).

He's been dodging bullets for a while..................this one caught up to him.

Don't know his background but it will be interesting to see all the facts revealed.

smokey

Over all....more guns legally decreases crime....imo. Look at Texas....true or false?

and arizona all the blue haired ladies are packing 

ILoveCyrus

The Philippines is infamous for a brutal brand of democracy where politicians — particularly at local and provincial levels — are willing to bribe, intimidate or kill to ensure they win.

This I copied from Gulfnews

Over all....more guns legally decreases crime....imo. Look at Texas....true or false?

Maybe, but this sure ain't Texas.

Whole different mentality here.

Brucewayne

I read a news feed that this Mayor was also targeted when he was Vice Mayor back in 2010 and some other date (can't remember).

He's been dodging bullets for a while..................this one caught up to him.

Don't know his background but it will be interesting to see all the facts revealed.

This happens all the time, things will be swept under the rug in a week or two at most and there will be no evidence of this shooting ever being investigated.

"Killings are more fun in the Philippines".

they should make it against the law to have guns in the airport

I bet those same guys who shot him ignored the sign that said "this is a gun free zone". The nerve of them!

• Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

I bet those same guys who shot him ignored the sign that said "this is a gun free zone". The nerve of them!

they should probably make the sign bigger

ILoveCyrus

they should probably make the sign bigger

Yah...a Bigger and weather proof sign (which will not fade with the weather).

• Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

Yah...a Bigger and weather proof sign (which will not fade with the weather).

and maybe make a sign pointing to that sign 

musicman666

all these filipinos willing to risk their lives for public service....the back handers must be pretty handsome.

Brucewayne

all these filipinos willing to risk their lives for public service....the back handers must be pretty handsome.

Money makes people crazy, crazy enough to kill or be killed for it.

The shame is that a decent person wanting to actually serve their country would probably not be foolish enough to run for office with death hanging over their head.

• Like 1
Kabisay-an gid

Maybe large signs that read "Murder Is Illegal!" would help. :)

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

"Bawal mapatay dito!"

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk