Loud Motorbikes

CebuKano

SkyMan

And it stops the dogs running out in front of you.

Exactly right. Dogs cross the street by sound. They stand at the side of the road and face directly across listening in both directions. If you see one standing like that honk. But you don't always see them so extra exhaust volume is helpful. Most drivers here operate the same way staring straight forward as looking around is a bad idea. The honks and loud pipes let them know where you are.
mactanfamily

Funny, there's no mention of that in your ad. :-)

It wasn't every day or even every week. I don't know of a house in the whole country that can avoid it. Maybe it was a disco not a KTV.

My point was that noise pollution is a part of life here. That house was very quiet compared to most other areas, but HAHA your so funny.

ILoveCyrus

Ahhh noise pollution!!! I'm tempted to poison all the fighting cock behind our place outside of subdivision. No cocks last year.....now he's got a whole farm, BUT I digress...sorry

Canuck Joe

On Mactan Island we have these pedal cycles, which is basically just a tricycle minus the engine. These guys have no lights or reflectors and they run the secondary roads at all hours. Honestly the way people drive motorcycles here, it's only a matter of time until they wreck. The noise factor is a big irritant, especially when they zoom past my gate and set off the car alarm. They probably get a laugh out of it. I look forward to the nightly news reports of traffic accidents, I especially enjoy it when I see a motorcycle on its side and smashed.

where is your gate muwahaha

maybe try turning down your alarm sensitivity a bit and try turning your wish for death on other people wayyy down.

Mine annoys me actually, there is a fine line between nice sport sound and raunchy. A performance pipe has little benefit to a stock scooter but mine is fully loaded as they say here. I will chime in with the safety factor, the car ahead of me knows exactly when I am passing and what side. I still have to tone it down because I cringe every time I drive through my subdivision. Yet I have to live with there caged howling dogs at all hours of the night.

Edited by Canuck Joe
MarinePride

where is your gate muwahaha

maybe try turning down your alarm sensitivity a bit and try turning your wish for death on other people wayyy down.

Mine annoys me actually, there is a fine line between nice sport sound and raunchy. A performance pipe has little benefit to a stock scooter but mine is fully loaded as they say here. I will chime in with the safety factor, the car ahead of me knows exactly when I am passing and what side. I still have to tone it down because I cringe every time I drive through my subdivision. Yet I have to live with there caged howling dogs at all hours of the night.

I hear ya' loud and clear, but damn those things are annoying.  I wish the house sat far from the road, but the street is a baseball throw away!! 

Canuck Joe

but damn those things are annoying. 

Yeah I got that from your last post haha...would not be fun to be right on the road like that.

The bike shop I go to said there has been some enforcement against loud pipes lately.

HEHEHE the driving habits here are comical.....I've driven in New York, Chicago and L.A. during rush hour and it is NOTHING compared to "normal" traffic here.  Yeah i'm a little off topic...but not much.  I didn't know that the white dash line on SOME highways was there to guide the driver by making sure it went directly under the middle of their vehicle.  Nor was I aware that the solid yellow line was a mere suggestion.  I asked the vhire driver one night why he didn't have his headlights on and he responded that having the headlights on uses extra fuel...hmmm didn't know that either.  It would be nice if there was a regulation that would get the various horns on vehicles tuned to different notes on a scale, would be more musical than just annoying.  

And this IS totally off subject....but the least used thing in the Philippines has to be the knob that turns the volume of speakers down.   

• Like 1
SkyMan

My pipes would be legal in the US but give a nice beefy rumble. I still have to watch when deceleration as I don't compression break any more and it gets quiet. I do get some backfire but I can control that mostly. Once on a group ride I got a nice double backfire and a lady and kids jumped back from the road because they thought there was shooting. Nice to roll through a big parking garage and give a little rev to hear the chorus of alarms.

Mandingo

I'd be happy to see the bikes have lights! That would be a start. I especially love the guys who have a red light on the front.

Been driving at night a lot lately between Baybay and Ormoc, the no headlights on other vehicle make it a interesting drive. If they do have headlights they're on high beam not caring about anyone else but them self. I installed a pair of PIAA off road lights on my Pajero, high candle watt ones, when they "forget" to dim their lights I now give them a gentle reminder of a million candle watts.......seems to do the trick.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

smokey

My pipes would be legal in the US but give a nice beefy rumble. I still have to watch when deceleration as I don't compression break any more and it gets quiet. I do get some backfire but I can control that mostly. Once on a group ride I got a nice double backfire and a lady and kids jumped back from the road because they thought there was shooting. Nice to roll through a big parking garage and give a little rev to hear the chorus of alarms.

i dont have a bike to make noise so i just show my unit and get the required attention 

• Like 1

I look forward to the nightly news reports of traffic accidents, I especially enjoy it when I see a motorcycle on its side and smashed.

I have nothing to add but I would like to nominate this for the most assholeish statement of the day.

That's all.

• Like 4
MarinePride

I have nothing to add but I would like to nominate this for the most assholeish statement of the day.

That's all.

I'm not the only one who thinks that way, but at least I'm honest about it.  Don't you know that one of the greatest joys in life is watching your neighbor fall off of his roof?  I forget what ancient Chinese philosopher said that, but it's true. 

Canuck Joe

i dont have a bike to make noise so i just show my unit and get the required attention

speedo's with a foot long?