My Revolution has arrived!

That is, my ShurFlo Revolution pump arrived today. It, along with the strainer for it, arrived this afternoon. I will be piping it into my water system within the next day or two, weather permitting. 

Costs:

ShurFlo pump: $74.95

Shurflo strainer: $12.95

Shipping & Handling: $58.45 

Actual Shipping cost: $53.45 USPS Priority International Mail

Customs duty: $2.00 

Grand Total:  $148.35  Not to bad!

Specifications:

ShurFlo Revolution Pump

12vdc, 55psi (3.7 bar), 3 GPM (11.3 LPM) 

Part Number 4008-101-E65

IMG_0279.jpg

Strainer Specifications:

Twist on water strainer with 50 mesh screen.

Suction side installation only.

Part Number 255-313

Male 1/2" NPT  / Female 1/2" NPT

IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0285b.jpg

Read about the install here: http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/67090-she-runs-as-quiet-as-a-church-mouse/

Edited by Paul
  • Like 2

that's cheap even with shipping paul---- the shurflo pump I installed on one of the food carts last summer cost me over $200 and the supplier was less than 3 miles away so no shipping 

BTW-- shurflo is more less the king of RV pumps from what people tell me

Don't remember how many GPM

Edited by KID
  • Like 1
Knowdafish

Sweet! I think you will be very happy with this set-up! Let us know how the install went and your opinion of the pump when you get it up and running. Try not to run it below 12.3 volts (no load) if at all possible. 10-12 gauge wire is best especially for longer runs. Congrats! Shipping is less than what I expected too. How long did it take to arrive?

Shurflo is more less the king of RV pumps from what people tell me

I agree! They even make soda fountain pumps. 7-11 and a lot of restaurant soda fountains use them.

• Like 1

I have to go buy two flexible hoses tomorrow. I will use them to pipe the pump and strainer to the PVC from the tanks. (I figure it may vibrate a bit if only hard lined directly to the PVC pipe.) I can't wait to get this thing installed. Oh, I need a cut off valve or two, I recon, and a check valve. Dang, lots to get, still. 

Sweet! I think you will be very happy with this set-up! Let us know how the install went and your opinion of the pump when you get it up and running. Try not to run it below 12.3 volts (no load) if at all possible. 10-12 gauge wire is best especially for longer runs. Congrats! Shipping is less than what I expected too. How long did it take to arrive?

The dealer shipped it on 2-December (December 3, for us), I got it today, the 18th. I figure 11 business days. He figured 10 business days. I'm happy that it got here today, for sure. 

I have some auto reset breakers (you and I discussed them before, as I recall) being sent here. But, for now, I will use a 10 amp fuse and run #10 wire the distance from the bus bars to the pump. We are only talking about 3 meters, tops. So, 6 meters there and back, or less than 20 feet. 12 gauge would work, I think. But, nothing wrong with going larger on the wire, as long as she is fused at the proper rating.

Oh, speaking of breakers, I went ahead and ordered some ANL (including holders), Mini ANL (including holders), Type I metal, automatic reset breakers, and ATO automatic reset breakers. So, I should be fine as soon as I can get them here. I ordered each of them, because I have  yet to see them here - anywhere.

that's cheap even with shipping paul---- the shurflo pump I installed on one of the food carts last summer cost me over $200 and the supplier was less than 3 miles away so no shipping 

BTW-- shurflo is more less the king of RV pumps from what people tell me

Don't remember how many GPM

I have looked high and low on the internet, for pumps, shipping costs, etc. This company, by far, was the cheapest to deal with over all. No hassles, no bullshit, all business. 

I used to have a 31' tag-a-long travel trailer, with a ShurFlo pump. Never had a minutes trouble from it, or because of it.

Mr. Mike

Hook that puppy up to a beer keg, and away you go! :morn:  

• Like 1

Hook that puppy up to a beer keg, and away you go! :morn:  

At 55psi, that keg would do nothing but foam.

But, I can tell you what I AM going to run with it. This:

solar_pool_heater_diy_photo4.jpg

That is an idea I got from a pool water heater. It will be 60 meters of 1/2" black tubing, coiled up, similar to the image above. I am going to make two of these, pipe them in series, and push the water through them with the ShurFlo. Together, if my calculations are correct, they will store, and heat, over 8 gallons (~30 Liters) of water, each.

So, until I can build my thermosiphon solar water heater, we will have hot water during the day, at least.

• Like 5