• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkyMan

• shadow

• Ronin

• Monsoon

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can understand what you are saying but this is a poor example.   There are many in my ex wife's family or current girlfriends family who have - never ridden on a boat - never been on a plane -

ah so that's what those buttons are for. no wonder it takes me so long to get up to the jacuzzi deck as smokey's elevator only has the anti-urinating sign.

Posted Images

Half Baked

Outside of Ayala Mall.... one of the biggest shopping centers in Cebu.

post-14689-0-82949900-1387375142_thumb.jpg

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Some signs might be very helpful for them when they do make it to the city.

Part of my point is that nobody reads them anyway. Last week I sat at the US Embassy and watched Filipino after Filipino try to rip open the door that had a big sign saying, "Door opens at 7:30, please take a seat and wait." They would stand there pulling and pulling on the door until the guard came over and pointed to the big sign in front of their face. 

SkyMan

Part of my point is that nobody reads them anyway. Last week I sat at the US Embassy and watched Filipino after Filipino try to rip open the door that had a big sign saying, "Door opens at 7:30, please take a seat and wait." They would stand there pulling and pulling on the door until the guard came over and pointed to the big sign in front of their face.

Are you implying Filipinos were there early? Ha!

Actually, I've noticed many doors here (mostly glass) have the standard Push and Pull signs inside and out yet swing both ways equally well. I pretty much push unless there's a logical reason to pull but I don't bank the door moving at all whether going with or against the sign.

One funny sign I recall was in one of the buildings in college. The building was built on a step hill and outside the elevator on the second floor it had the standard, "In case of fire use the stairs" sign. I would always laugh when I saw it thinking, "Hmmmmmmm, why wouldn't I just turn around and walk out the door?"

• Like 1
SkyMan

24l563n.jpg

Yeah, whenever I see the SLOW children at play signs I always think, "How sad, if only they would eat better and get out more."
  • Like 1

ah so that's what those buttons are for. no wonder it takes me so long to get up to the jacuzzi deck as smokey's elevator only has the anti-urinating sign.

Yeah____he put that up after Paul's visit.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

How about the ones on taxis and Jeeps that say,"May reklamo mo? Itawagan LTFRB 0917xxxxxxx"

Do you have a complaint? Call the LTFRB.

Hahahahahaha yea right. That will get some results!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

shadow

How about the ones on taxis and Jeeps that say,"May reklamo mo? Itawagan LTFRB 0917xxxxxxx"

Do you have a complaint? Call the LTFRB.

Hahahahahaha yea right. That will get some results!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

How about the Ceres buses they say "Fasten your Seatbelt". The only seatbelt on the bus is for the driver.

johnboy999

How about the Ceres buses they say "Fasten your Seatbelt". The only seatbelt on the bus is for the driver.

I've seen seatbelts on the front row of seats and also the bench seat at the back has them on at least some of the buses, but I agree that all the rest of the seats don't have any 

JamesMusslewhite

funny-pinoy-signs-funniest-filipino-sign

467107826_1fc891cf7a.jpg

streetsign.jpg

and my personal favorite sign of them all?

3764915150_5a72a66a36.jpg

Edited by JamesMusslewhite
  • Like 3
Irenicus

We saw this one on our way up to Sipalay on Wednesday morning.

post-14529-0-22542000-1387669256_thumb.jpg

It was still there when we came back on Saturday.

And yes, that's a 100 meter cliff to the left.

And no, I didn't move the sign.  Looking back, I probably should have.

• Like 2