Useless Signs That Shouldnt Be Necessary

Monsoon

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

The Phililpines is full of such things. Signs I only see here and nowhere else. Such as "bawal umihi ditto" (this says "Forbidden to urinate here.")

So many signs, but does anyone pay any regards to them? What does it say about Filipino culture?

I saw this sign at the elevator while leaving my dentist today:

Posted Image

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkyMan

• shadow

• Ronin

• Monsoon

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can understand what you are saying but this is a poor example.   There are many in my ex wife's family or current girlfriends family who have - never ridden on a boat - never been on a plane -

ah so that's what those buttons are for. no wonder it takes me so long to get up to the jacuzzi deck as smokey's elevator only has the anti-urinating sign.

Posted Images

Half Baked

I always like the "Yield" sign below the "Stop" sign. "You mean I gotta LOOK, too?"

And the very stringent "No blowing of horns".  Yea right!

• Like 3
jtmwatchbiz

ah so that's what those buttons are for. no wonder it takes me so long to get up to the jacuzzi deck as smokey's elevator only has the anti-urinating sign.

• Like 5
Wolfpack

is the anti-urinating sign near the elevator or jacuzzi?

Jim Sibbick

The Phililpines is full of such things. Signs I only see here and nowhere else. Such as "bawal umihi ditto" (this says "Forbidden to urinate here.")

So many signs, but does anyone pay any regards to them? What does it say about Filipino culture?

I saw this sign at the elevator while leaving my dentist today:

jasa5eze.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I can understand what you are saying but this is a poor example.

There are many in my ex wife's family or current girlfriends family who have

- never ridden on a boat

- never been on a plane

- never been to the city

- never been inside a shopping mall

- never stayed in a hotel

- never had a hot shower

- never been on an escalator

- never ridden in a taxi

- never seen the inside of a lift (elevator) , except in a movie.

Some signs might be very helpful for them when they do make it to the city.

• Like 6

There was one in Fitness First toilet cubicles showing a cartoon type picture of someone squatting with there feet on top of the urinal and a big red cross going through it. You really can't get the amusement of it, unless you see it.

thebob

Some people are confused if the button directs the elevator where to go, or tells the elevator where you want to go, so often they push both.

"Fall in line", signs are the most useless signs here.

SkyMan

There was one in Fitness First toilet cubicles showing a cartoon type picture of someone squatting with there feet on top of the urinal and a big red cross going through it. You really can't get the amusement of it, unless you see it.

Why do you think the public toilets don't have seats?
shadow

I see it most every day, but in real life, not on a sign!

There's a sign in the BQ mall parking garage in Tagbilaran in Visayan that says "do not pee"

"SLOW VEHICLES USE RIGHT LANE" placed beside the SRP are the most useless signs, because nobody cares. in reality it looks like it is mandatory for slow vehicles to use the left lane.

• Like 3