What the Typhoon Revealed

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Filipinos who have left and become permanent residents in the US have a hard time grasping why I would want to visit here let alone live here for any length of time.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wolfpack

• Mr. Mike

• MarinePride

• hyaku

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

November’s Typhoon Haiyan (known in the Philippines as Typhoon Yolanda) tragically wiped away thousands of lives and brought extreme hardship to hundreds of thousands of Filipinos. It also wiped away

An interesting side note to all the above....I remember some "official" saying in an interview which was on tv and in the newspapers that the death toll could reach as high as 10,000.  He was fired, r

The typhoon showed the world just how feeble, incompetent, apathetic and corrupt the Philippines really is. Everyone kind of new this already but after the typhoon it was under the spotlight for all t

Posted Images

miles-high

Filipinos who have left and become permanent residents in the US have a hard time grasping why I would want to visit here let alone live here for any length of time.

Although I am not a Filipino, OFW’s would understand a few things…

1) Foreigners may get very attractive pay in the Philippines, the same fiscal principle that OFW’s go overseas…

2) Most Filipinas say age no barrier... Tell older OFW’s to see what happens if they ask American teens (18yo and older) out on a date…

3) Certain things are much cheaper in the Philippines (maid, driver, butler, secretary, etc.), that’s why OFW’s enjoy certain lifestyle back home?

4) Many guys I know like petit, slim and trim, brown goddesses…

5) More comfortable being a big fish in a small pond…

Hehe  :D

• Like 3
Jim Sibbick

Thats utter bullshit. I have intelligent conversations with educated Filipinos all the time about how fecked up this country is. They know it. Someone getting killed by making a statement such as that? You must really live a life of fear and patronizing simplicity in your conversations with Filipinos if you think that type of thing will get you killed here. 

Thankyou Monsoon for your valuable contribution.

However, It is nothing to do with a single comment. It is about an attitude.

Foreigners who think that their culture is better and are willing to tell all and sundry are bound for trouble.

Bound for trouble as they will never be happy in the Philippines

Bound for trouble because they will piss off the wrong people.

By the way, in regard to superior cultures, I was reading today about a country that wants to crack down on drink driving. Apparently there were 10,000 road deaths caused by drink drivers last year. Part of the 40,000 or so road deaths every year. This is the same country where there are so many murders they have to be classified by type. Eg 10,000 hand gun murders per year. A country which has homeless people and drive by shootings and no go areas in parts of each city.  A country where a robber can sue you for a million dollars if they scratch their pinky while robbing you.

To give them an idea of how much better the Philippines could be, when you are discussing how fecked up the Philippines is, that wouldn't be your country that you tell people about is it? 

Mandingo

Being in Ormoc currently I am disappointed in how the local government is handling this crisis. Little is being done for the community. I see soldiers, police and government workers doing nothing, sitting around doing squat.

Edited by Mandingo
Mandingo

Some filipino's do not like the USA getting involved...but the United States Marines have been on the ground since shortly after the typhoon hit...and from what I have been told, the Army Corp of Engeneers are helping to restore power...

I have seen first hand, United States Military cargo planes, helo's and other air craft...frequently for the past month...my 3 year old thinks they are HIS planes!!!

Look, dats my plane...

In my wifes barangay outside Ormoc the first response was from Marine helicopters carrying food and water. Pinoy showed up a couple weeks later.......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

By the way, in regard to superior cultures, I was reading today about a country that wants to crack down on drink driving. Apparently there were 10,000 road deaths caused by drink drivers last year. Part of the 40,000 or so road deaths every year. This is the same country where there are so many murders they have to be classified by type. Eg 10,000 hand gun murders per year. A country which has homeless people and drive by shootings and no go areas in parts of each city.  A country where a robber can sue you for a million dollars if they scratch their pinky while robbing you.

To give them an idea of how much better the Philippines could be, when you are discussing how fecked up the Philippines is, that wouldn't be your country that you tell people about is it? 

Thats all rhetoric. Nowhere did I say that I went around discussing superior cultures and especially I didn't mention that I go around telling Filipinos that my country is better than theirs. Actually, I hear them telling me that quite regularly, but that is their words. Usually it comes from those that live and work in it, and sometimes from those that have no hope of leaving the Philippines. And I can tell you there isn't any nook or cranny of any city in my country that I am afraid to visit. Thus this, "no go zone" statement is nothing but a product of your clear and repeated self expressed animosity towards my country. 

You shouldn't pass judgement on a country you've never lived in for an extended period of time. For that is the epitome of ignorance. 

• Like 1
udonthani

they frankly don't realise that there is in reality no Rule of Law here and no operational police service. I would never dress that up, as if it was a good thing. But some people do!