25yo Filipino charged with UK murder

A 25-year-old man has appeared in court charged with the murder of teenager Linda Lietaviete.

Alvin Jay Santos (pictured) spoke only to confirm his name during a two-minute hearing before Bournemouth magistrates.

Flanked by two security guards and wearing a black T-shirt, Santos, of Wimborne Road, Bournemouth looked down during the hearing.

The former Bournemouth and Poole College student, who was born in the Philippines, was remanded in custody and will appear before a judge at Winchester Crown Court on Wednesday December 18.

See: http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/10879541.UPDATE__Bournemouth_teenager_killed_at_Horseshoe_Common_named_as_16_year_old_Linda_Lietaviete/?ref=mr

Davaoeno

I'm not sure why you refer to him as a filipino ?  I was born in England but moved to Canada at age 6 but no one would ever refer to me as a Brit 

• Admin (Retired)
broden

I'm not sure why you refer to him as a filipino ?  I was born in England but moved to Canada at age 6 but no one would ever refer to me as a Brit 

they're too busy referring to you as other things

• Like 6
udonthani

he has a Spanish name. The Bornemouth Maigistrates are not going to like that and that is when they just read the paper.

then this Asian bloke is in the dock and that just makes things worse.

innocent until proven guilty, I hope.

who was born in the Philippines

Maybe he was BORN in the Philippines, and perhaps - retained his Filipino citizenship? Who the feck cares? What's important here is, a 16 year old girl died, most likely for some stupid reason. 

Stay on topic.

• Like 3
Skywalker

The Bornemouth Maigistrates are not going to like that

It's a murder case, and will be passed to the Crown Court simply as a matter of procedure.

It doesn't matter what the Magistrates think.

It also doesn't matter a damn what you think!

• Like 1
udonthani

magistrates court can throw even murder cases right out if they think there has been some laxity in procedure.

especially Stipendiary Magistrates. If they think the Police have fecked up then they can just let them go. Then it is up to the police and CPS to do a better job next time.

Skywalker

magistrates court can throw even murder cases right out if they think there has been some laxity in procedure.

Example please.

• Like 1
Skywalker

God almighty, it really is not worth the time and effort..........

What is certainly true, as evidenced, (yet again) is that the depth of knowledge is so mindblowingly missing, there is no point in moving forward.

Credibility takes another holiday, another nail in the coffin of Whippies World.

Stick to down market pension house revues.  It's always useful to stick with what you're (sort of) good at.

• Like 1