Pictures Of Christmas

broden

mactanfamily

Wonder how much trouble they got in from 911? But then again a little motor trying to lift and drop one of the legs and make it swing a little would be awesome.

The note I read with the pic said he had to take it down. Because of calls and also people kept driving on his lawn and jumping out to put the ladder back.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

last night they had the cub scout Christmas pot luck, we brought pata tim which was a huge hit

but we also had something else. the below pics... every year this pack has a small contest for which den brings the best centerpieces, by chance the theme this year was foreign countries and our den thinking of my wife as a ringer choose  The Philippines .. they chose it before they ever told us .. then they asked my wife to help the kids design and make filipino related centerpieces this is what my wife got the kids to make, now they are all 8 years old so i think for that age they did an exceptional job. the parols are made with wooden skewers and tissue paper with bamboo sticks attached to the inside of a coconut cut, we hot glued the bamboo in to a bottle cap then hot glued that to the bottom of the cup then filled them with river rocks.. the hooks in the top of the bamboo are actually hooks meant to go through drywall to hang pictures on.

the house is all cut to size bamboo pieces all hot glued and corn husks for the roof .. underneath is real mistletoe my son and i picked on a hike

i don't have a pic right now from the dinner but they put the house on some stuff made to look like ground and grass with a stone circle with a small candle (led) in it to look like a campfire and put every kids face on a cut out body they colored to sit around the fire .. was really cool

for such fiddly little work the kids really got in to it .. especially when they got to take turns on the hot glue gun working on the construction crew for the house. but they were really in to making the parols too.. we were even able to buy tiny led lights to hang inside them 

not only did they win the centerpiece competition.. they've been doing this for years and our den has never won .. but this is the first year we've been in this pack and den .. so the kids were totally psyched when they got called and my wife got hugs all around .. 

it's pretty cool cause it's such a huge pack there are over a dozen dens plus 3 separate groups of webelos 

2mynomp.jpg

30wrvo9.jpg

• Like 7
Headshot

Broden...I had no idea. Are you a den mother now?

• Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

Broden...I had no idea. Are you a den mother now?

i'm brooklyn born..i'm a den mutha

• Like 3
JamesMusslewhite

hunting_santa.jpg

• Like 2