Hi from the UK

NHANORAK

Hi everyone.

Sorry a belated introduction.

I reside in the UK with my Filipino wife of 26 years.  We have a condo that we use for holidays in Cebu.

Aim to spend some time in Cebu in the new year.

• Like 1
Skywalker

Welcome to the forum.  I'm also from UK.  London, though I haven't lived there for more than 10 years!

You'd possibly be surprised at the change of demographics here. Since we opened our European labour market, there has been a constant churn of indigenous people being replaced by immigrants. In recent years there has also been an influx of people buying properties as investments..

Its almost impossible to go to a supermarket and not hear a foreign language being spoken. However, even I was surprised recently when driving down the Edgware rd. There were more foreign newspapers in the newspaper stands, outside the shops, than British papers!

Not complaining, just an observation of how things have changed. We are without doubt the most multi cultural capital city in the world.

Welcome! Lots of good info on here. 

I've been married to my filipina wife for 20 years and hope to move to PI permanently in the not too distant future.

Enjoy your vacation,

Todd 

• Like 1

Welcome.

You may well be surprised at how many Brits are on this forum.

Some living in Cebu, or thereabouts, and some still in the UK or elsewhere.

Guilty as charged. From Midlands originally, bit of London and then 17 years abroad. Welcome.

SomeRandomGuy

love knowing there are a few limey bastards here... hows that cricket score looking.... hahaha

BossHog

there has been a constant churn of indigenous people being replaced by immigrants

Those pesky Normans still at it, eh?

Don't know what they see in the place.

Anyways, welcome.

Jigsy,

Check my score link, you will enjoy it.

Painful to be honest, same team but look at us now.