What is China thinking, and to what end?

JamesMusslewhite

"I see the bad moon arising.
I see trouble on the way.
I see earthquakes and lightnin'.
I see bad times today."

CCR

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Majorsco

• Mr. Mike

• Brucewayne

• rainymike

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

agreed.. no need to feed the trolls...

it depends on whether the poster is serious or just trying to provoke. There is no point in arguing (or discussing) with a flamer.

More like the dumb ass Chinese sailors can't control their boats so the US had to maneuver to avoid sinking the Chinese garbage barge they call their Navy.   See, I can spout sill crap just as well

rainymike

The Chinese way is to act belligerently. They don't want to submit to negotiations or arbitration where they don't control the outcome. They demand it of other countries , but not themselves.

Perhaps, but they had very good teachers:

Britain - Opium Wars (1839 and 1856)

France - Sino-French War (1884)

Japan - Sino-Japanese Wars (1894-1937)

Russia - Sino-Russian Conflict (1929)

Germany - invasion of Qingdao (1897)

Various European countries, US and Japan - Boxer Rebellion (1899)

A shitload of unequal treaties imposed on China by various European countries, US, and Japan

Majorsco

They don't need teachers. Their own history is full of war lords and imperial conquests. Only in the last few decades has their war making gaze gone outside their historic borders.

• Like 1

I think they have done this to try and save face after the US ignored the ADIZ. The state media is sure to put a positive spin on diverting a US ship.

Majorsco

I think they have done this to try and save face after the US ignored the ADIZ. The state media is sure to put a positive spin on diverting a US ship.

Yes, however there was a different incident about six months ago, so it is more of the same . The Chinese govt is whipping the people into a nationalistic frenzy to divert the people's attention away from other internal problems.

• Like 3

It was reported on the UK news last night that they are also carrying out manoeuvres near the North Korea border in light of "the leaders" uncle being executed. Another "show of strength"? 

Any view on this depends partly on whether you believe there is "one China" and how you see relations between the Central Government and the PLA. The price the Communist Party pays for the support of the military, so some observers argue, is an ever-increasing arms budget and the opportunity for the military to flex its muscles from time to time. The reality is however that the USA is the only country that China respects on the global stage. The most worrying thing about what is currently happening is that there is a danger that some hot-head, probably on the China side, will get a little too close (e.g., like the Hainan Island incident some years ago) and someone will get hurt.

"...Chinese warship maneuvered near the Cowpens in the incident on December 5, and the Cowpens was forced to take evasive action to avoid a collision, the Pacific Fleet said in its statement..."

US chickens out, they only attack weak nations, like a bully in the school yard. Welcome in China Seas  :cool: 

US chickens out, they only attack weak nations, like a bully in the school yard. Welcome in China Seas

More like the dumb ass Chinese sailors can't control their boats so the US had to maneuver to avoid sinking the Chinese garbage barge they call their Navy.

See, I can spout sill crap just as well as you.

However, you're not convincing anyone of your silly views on this forum.

Do you have anything constructive to add here or are you just here to bash the US?

• Like 4
quit_yume

"...Chinese warship maneuvered near the Cowpens in the incident on December 5, and the Cowpens was forced to take evasive action to avoid a collision, the Pacific Fleet said in its statement..."

US chickens out, they only attack weak nations, like a bully in the school yard. Welcome in China Seas  :cool: 

what a dumbass...  the usa can send 3 warships over there to wipe out the entire chinese navy..  and oh.. dont forget that the japanese can pretty easily destroy the entire chinese navy just as well...  

• Like 3

They don't need teachers. Their own history is full of war lords and imperial conquests. Only in the last few decades has their war making gaze gone outside their historic borders.

Science says that Chinese always been in China and the borders of today are pretty much same than 2 000 years ago, except for Taiwan and Dongbei. Territory called USA however is occupied by colonialists who slaughtered the native population and took their land. Some perspective, boys. It is called history.

White House chicken out  to attack Syria. China is not Syria  :cool:

Jack_be_nimble

Science says that Chinese always been in China and the borders of today are pretty much same than 2 000 years ago, except for Taiwan and Dongbei. Territory called USA however is occupied by colonialists who slaughtered the native population and took their land. Some perspective, boys. It is called history.

White House chicken out  to attack Syria. China is not Syria  :cool:

WH decided not to attack Syria because there's no clear good guy in that fight.

If China pushes hard enough, the US will destroy China's only carrier fleet in minutes.

Edited by Jack_be_nimble
  • Like 3
thebob

what a dumbass...  the usa can send 3 warships over there to wipe out the entire chinese navy.. 

As long as they don't get grounded on reefs!

• Like 1
Majorsco

White House chicken out to attack Syria. China is not Syria :cool:

Since you're not here for serious discussion I will not engage with you and I urge all other members to do the same until serious discussion ensues.

• Like 2

Since you're not here for serious discussion I will not engage with you and I urge all other members to do the same until serious discussion ensues.

When arguments fail...

serious diskussion = nuke China

not serious diskussion = history of US