What is China thinking, and to what end?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Majorsco

• Mr. Mike

• Brucewayne

• rainymike

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

agreed.. no need to feed the trolls...

it depends on whether the poster is serious or just trying to provoke. There is no point in arguing (or discussing) with a flamer.

More like the dumb ass Chinese sailors can't control their boats so the US had to maneuver to avoid sinking the Chinese garbage barge they call their Navy.   See, I can spout sill crap just as well

Mr. Mike

I have been saying this for a few years usa and china will go to war .

...but why?

I have been saying this for a few years usa and china will go to war .

they will eventually but not in the near future with only one aircraft carrier which would be taking care of very easily ,they will continually poke and prod to test the americans to see how far they can go until an inncident will more than likely spark something bigger.

Then China will get put in its place and get embarrassed. They'd be wise to stop being bullies when they aren't the biggest kid on the block.

mactanfamily

I never saw it. I always think China was merely protecting what it "thinks" is theirs. This may mean war, but I don't see them as as modern day Germany.

Even this standoff, the Cowpens was tracking their carrier, and they were protecting it. Put the US in the same situation. We would have sent a ship to turn away the Chinese if they were fecking around near the Reagan.

Now the disputed islands are getting a little testy, but remember that it was the PHILIPPINE military that blew away the Chinese fisherman. 

Biggest thing is that the Chinese people are used to a standard of living now, and all those province people living in the dirty city with their motorbikes and phones will not go through a war without revolting. China needs too much oil, steel, wheat to survive. Not to mention the lack of exports to wallmart!

• Like 1
Brucewayne

http://freebeacon.com/chinese-naval-vessel-tries-to-force-u-s-warship-to-stop-in-international-waters/

This baiting BS, in international waters is going to lead to big trouble if China continues to screw around! There will be an incident!

I think that both sides are like cautious school yard fighters, taunting each other to throw the first punch so the one who hit first will be the one to lose face in the community.

• Like 1
Mr. Mike

I never saw it. I always think China was merely protecting what it "thinks" is theirs. This may mean war, but I don't see them as as modern day Germany.

Even this standoff, the Cowpens was tracking their carrier,.......the USS Cowpens does not need to be within visual range to track their movements! and they were protecting it. Put the US in the same situation. We would have sent a ship to turn away the Chinese if they were fecking around near the Reagan.

Now the disputed islands are getting a little testy, but remember that it was the PHILIPPINE military that blew away the Chinese fisherman. 

Biggest thing is that the Chinese people are used to a standard of living now, and all those province people living in the dirty city with their motorbikes and phones will not go through a war without revolting. China needs too much oil, steel, wheat to survive. Not to mention the lack of exports to wallmart!

Ever heard the term "duty trawler"?

Mr. Mike

I think that both sides are like cautious school yard fighters, taunting each other to throw the first punch so the one who hit first will be the one to lose face in the community.

Nah,,,international waters...the US (any country) has every right to be there, and we did not provoke anything! 

• Like 1
Brucewayne

Nah,,,international waters...the US (any country) has every right to be there, and we did not provoke anything! 

Uh, we flew through the supposed no fly zone imposed by the Chinese to test them.

That is almost as much of a provocation as any the Chinese have done.

As I said, they remind me of children in a school yard fight, with neither actually throwing a punch, just taunting each other.

• Like 1
thebob

I think that HMS Illustrious and HMS Daring are in the area. If you want to speed up negotiations we could offer to sell them some opium?

Uh, we flew through the supposed no fly zone imposed by the Chinese to test them. That is almost as much of a provocation as any the Chinese have done.

I think the flights were routine.  We just ignored China's new no fly zone.

I don't see that as provocation but as simply not being intimidated.

It's kinda like if your neighbor said you must stop at his house and pay him if you drive by his house on a public street.  Instead of stopping you just continue your routine, not provocation.

• Like 1
Brucewayne

I think the flights were routine.  We just ignored China's new no fly zone.

I don't see that as provocation but as simply not being intimidated.

It's kinda like if your neighbor said you must stop at his house and pay him if you drive by his house on a public street.  Instead of stopping you just continue your routine, not provocation.

The Chinese think that it was and that is my point.

miles-high

no fly zone

Hmmm, we should be more specific… in that China has not set up any no fly zones…

"No fly zone" is basically established within the territorial airspace and similar to the Prohibited airspace in the US, e.g., over the White House, the intruders will be intercepted and may be shot down if warranted…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_fly_zone

What China did was to establish an “air defense identification zone” or ADIZ beyond her territorial airspace… This is to give enough time to respond to the potential threat… somewhat unnecessary protocol under the modern technology in that all commercial airplanes are individually identifiable inflight...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Defense_Identification_Zone

Majorsco

The Chinese way is to act belligerently. They don't want to submit to negotiations or arbitration where they don't control the outcome. They demand it of other countries , but not themselves.

• Like 1