overseas visa-run with phils GF

woodchopper

I have a younger gf and intend to go BKK for my 12 month "get outa phils" thing!

what is the best way to ensure hassle free exit for my GF travelling with me,,re "trafficking concerns etc"?

I have a younger gf and intend to go BKK for my 12 month "get outa phils" thing!

what is the best way to ensure hassle free exit for my GF travelling with me,,re "trafficking concerns etc"?

All I can see from reading posts here and forums is that you should be very careful.... My ex wife had no problem leaving the Philippines, asthough she had no records of being abroad, when we moved home to Sweden. That was 10 years ago.

Again, you are doing a good thing looking for advice here and hopefully you will get good answers...

Nangulo

I took my g/f to Hong Kong last year.  Research, research, research.  DFA, visa issues, ASEAN agreements, etc.,.  

One thing I did was put everything in my g/f's name and made sure we had copies of all of the paperwork:  plane tickets, hotel reservations.  Plus I made sure she had cash on-hand to show she could support herself during the trip.  Link here:

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/51743-taking-single-filipina-to-hong-kong-%E2%80%93-her-first-time-out-of-country/

When we went to BKK the only thing out of the ordinary was that the BI questioned her a lot at the exit counter.

The questions were about where we were going, where we were staying, where we lived here in the Philippines, her educational background and finally does she have pictures of us together.   After showing pictures on her phone going back about 9 months she was given the green light.

My fiancee addressed the very young female agent in very polite Tagalog.

When the agent finally realized things were on the up and up, she apologized and told her that the questions were to detect human trafficking and for her to be careful.

I got the impression that it could have been worse if she had a different agent or the agent was having a bad day.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Don't fly out of Clark. I've been told they tend to be the most annoying. If the girl looks/acts/is a bar girl they will pick up on it. That's who gets the most of the problems. 

While I disagree with any of it, and think its totally asinine for a 'free country' to deny any passport holding adult citizen the right to board a flight to anywhere, this is the type of person who usually has a problem. If your girl can hold her own and is independent in attitude she will do fine. They also harass those who they think your going somewhere to actually work under the table. See they want their money from the CFO seminars and want you to go through their licensed recruiters. Not because its safest, but because those recruiters pay big money to keep their accreditations. 

The requirements are a return ticket. The accommodations questions are not actually under any law or directive as far as I know. I have only shown accommodations once several years ago when taking a girlfriend out of the country on holiday. Her passport was also brand new. But nonetheless if you have copies of those accommodations it helps. It also helps if the person accompanying the girl doesn't look like a total bum or have the air of human trafficker about them.