Cebu business told to expect brownouts till October 2014

Lee

CebuKano

Quote: "That's their conservative estimate. We think that we're still in a better situation compared to others with no power at all," he said."

----------------

Wow. I'm impressed with the wisdom of this asshole. I know jack shit about the big picture of the entire situation and I could state this crap and look "educated" about it? I don't know.... perhaps VECO could take SOME measures to reduce the risk of this happening again in the future. I haven't seen much written about that. No, let's just repair the old infrastructure that we have and go to church and pray that another typhoon won't totally destroy our efforts ------> again. and -------> again. and ------->again....etc, etc...

CardiacKid

I wonder if the parts that have to be ordered from abroad have to be paid for in advance. I remember that when they had to get a salvage company to offload the Princess of the Stars the money had to be deposited in an escrow account first. 

We now have to brace ourselves for an increase in our electricity bill by P3.44/kwh. That means P3.44 plus current rate of P5.66 equals P9.10/kwh just for generation cost.

As for your total bill, whatever you are paying now (varies according to classes) add an all-in increase of P4.15/kwh to cover transmission, VAT and other taxes.

Wow! If I read that correctly that means about p13.25 per kwh.  :shocked:  I guess I will be doing without aircon a lot more while in Cebu. 

smokey

Wow! If I read that correctly that means about p13.25 per kwh.  :shocked:  I guess I will be doing without aircon a lot more while in Cebu. 

i heard a local say wow before we only had the highest rate in asia and now we win again with the highest rates in the world 

Skywalker

Do without the aircon.

It's easier than you think, and you'll feel much better for it.

• Like 1

I can deal with the heat but my screwed up lungs cannot deal with all the pollution, :( thus why I use aircon to help filter out all that pollution, at least while we are at home. 

With power rates like that I am going to guess a lot of prices will be going up on merchandise and food and possibly a lot of businesses may have to close. :( The Philippines will once again shoot itself in the foot if it does not get power rates under control. 

As for me, I will just spend less time in the Philippines. 

• Like 3
Rocketman

"replacement parts need to be ordered abroad"  I get a kick out of comments in the news here.  Does no one ask what the hell they have been doing, and why the parts haven't been ordered???  Geeez!  The president of Veco lives next door to me in a condo.  His wife called to ask why the power was out.

• Like 1