" Out of stock sir"

SomeRandomGuy

stevensanph

toshi - spot on...

I think in my puregold experience the original answer was a "I can't be bothered answer".  When I called them out on it, they looked for another excuse.  When the 2nd staff become involved they couldn't make their colleague lose face so they continued the myth.  Eventually after doing it long enough, it become another annoying customer situation so once I paid and left they probably all had a good laugh about me.

End result was the original staff member doesn't lose face for being a numpty.  

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SomeRandomGuy

• Raven

• hyaku

• jtmwatchbiz

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is a number 4. That is they just don't know where it's located or they just don't care. I have found many things after being told "No Stock Sir". In my experience, some Gaisano stores are the wo

I agree with this. I have found several times that if they don't understand what you are asking for, it is easier for them to just say "sorry sir, out of stock". Could be a face saving thing rather th

I've had this multiple times (usually in CDRking, but best I had was in Puregold).  After pointing out to them where to find it i've occasionally had the excuse "Oh, they are for display only sir".  

• Administrator
Salty Dog

In Dumaguete at Robinsons, they even run out of common things like Coke Light for weeks. Someone told me they order it every 6 months and if they run out, they wait until the next scheduled order. I don't think they understand inventory control here.

• Like 2

my experience as well.

Me.. too.    9 times out of 10.  I go on my own search and find it... I use the method  of thinking:  Now  if i were to logically place an item it would be here approach and going to the exact opposite direction!  Really it works.  

• Like 2
SkyMan

Once, I was in the Watson's Pharmacy at SM. The girl walked up to the counter. I asked, "Do you have _________?" (I forget, exactly, what I was looking for.) Without bothering to look, she told me, "No sir. Out of stock, sir." I asked her to turn around and look on the end rack behind her - DIRECTLY behind her. There were four or five shelves full of the item I was looking for at the time. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I think they're just embarrassed to handle condoms.
  • Like 3

at the SHELL gas station at the South National Road:

I had to refuel my car and waited a while until it was my turn, told the boy: "Diesel, full tank please".

the reply was "unleaded, Sir?". I told him, that there is no unleaded Diesel. the next answer was "sorry, Sir, Diesel is out of stock". angry about the time I had lost for that useless waiting I asked the boy, why they do not set the display board at the road side to "00.00" when there is no stock. the answer made me laughing. "Sir, then the customers will think, it's for free". Should have asked for setting "88.88" as for that price no customer would ask for Diesel at that station.

• Like 1

:rofl:  One time I went to a pharmacy for condoms and everyone reacted like I was satan himself in there......

You got me there.

:rofl: One time I went to a pharmacy for condoms and everyone reacted like I was satan himself in there......

In my case, it wasn't condoms. TJ was just givin' me grief.

last year i was told no more coke light , i asked why they dont order more stock  the answer was bec. you buy to many and other customers cant get theirs. :killself:

• Like 4
ellenbrook2001

actually i did watch closely what going on with stock how they do they rotation let say a product do not sold very good when take off the shell then put another brand then one month later the stock they took off the shelf his back in if you just go too different RUSTAN place the management work im another way i spoke many time to one of the RUSTAN manager ?????????????sure they say out of stock on the shelf but they have it on the back store? but no one will bother too look for they are to lazy his very easy to say sorry sir out of stock ?

Edited by ellenbrook2001

a sixth (or seventh?  i've lost count) possible explanation is simply language.  today for example i was looking for a 28 or 30 cm frying pan, top end quality as much as possible.  found a possibilty but it was only 24 cm.  asked the girl if they had larger size, and "sorry sir out of stock".  in this case it was out of stock so she was right but i could tell what she really meant was "we never did, we don't now, and we never will carry the larger size".

now the latter response would have been more useful to me as i would know that it wasn't something that i should look forward to getting some time in the future.  but "out of stock" is just the way they say it and much easier for her.  so "we don't carry that" versus "out of stock".  one must learn to distinguish between the two.

as far as that puregold experience with the pumpkin.  is it possible that the pumpkin with the chocolates was a couple of items from the store put together to be a promotional decoration and not intended to be sold as the package you found it in?  not too long ago i went into a jewelry store asking to buy a christmas decoration that they had on display.  "not for sale sir".  "but it has a price tag".  "oh sir, we never took it off when it was bought for the store".  fair enough.

and as for paul's story, i suspect he asked that salesgirl to turn around simply so he could check out her "end rack".  :)

For Real

I prefer the straight up honest responses. One afternoon in Ace Hardware in Gaisano Grand a young female shop assistant responded "for a while sir, i will li bang first" Nothing to read between the lines.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

• Like 3
cebubird

There is a number 4. That is they just don't know where it's located or they just don't care. I have found many things after being told "No Stock Sir". In my experience, some Gaisano stores are the worst. Gaisano Metros apparently don't have this problem and I enjoy shopping in them. 

Too bad there are not more Gaisano Metros. Last night while riding bus back from city, saw a new one soon to open on highway coming out of city. Forgot which town.

Found out from a political source here in Argao, that they are also trying to buy land here to open one. Would be great. To me the Gaisano Grands aren't much better than Prince

musicman666

all this no stock stuff comes from a no competition cartel environment because when you boil it down it probably results in one or maybe two suppliers who dictate whats on offer and they are probably colluding. If the Philippines was opened up to a true supply and demand environment the likes of sm ..Ayala and guisano would last five minutes in the dog eat dog world or real commerce.

• Like 1