" Out of stock sir"

SomeRandomGuy

SomeRandomGuy

I try not to complain about living here as it is my choice to be here, but.

This is one thing the perplexes me.

In supermarkets and department stores here I am finding more often then not that out of stock actually means two or three different things.

First is obvious they are just out of stock.

Second is they say out of stock but just do not know if there is stock in storage and no one has gotten around to unpacking it.

Thirdly they say out of stock but what they really mean is we are no longer stocking this item.

I am finding more and more that I think the third is the case.  So many things I used to buy from certain department stores are no longer stocking the things I used to buy yet when asked if they will get more they just reply "out of stock" which seems to be the answer for almost anything alone with " just a moment".

Is it just me or is this seemingly more and more the case?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SomeRandomGuy

• Raven

• hyaku

• jtmwatchbiz

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is a number 4. That is they just don't know where it's located or they just don't care. I have found many things after being told "No Stock Sir". In my experience, some Gaisano stores are the wo

I agree with this. I have found several times that if they don't understand what you are asking for, it is easier for them to just say "sorry sir, out of stock". Could be a face saving thing rather th

I've had this multiple times (usually in CDRking, but best I had was in Puregold).  After pointing out to them where to find it i've occasionally had the excuse "Oh, they are for display only sir".  

SomeRandomGuy

shit  yeah that is what i mean... I was translating it to people for myself accidently lol

CardiacKid

First is obvious they are just out of stock. Second is they say out of stock but just do not know if there is stock in storage and no one has gotten around to unpacking it. Thirdly they say out of stock but what they really mean is we are no longer stocking this item.  
  There is a number 4. That is they just don't know where it's located or they just don't care. I have found many things after being told "No Stock Sir". In my experience, some Gaisano stores are the worst. Gaisano Metros apparently don't have this problem and I enjoy shopping in them. 
  • Like 9
jtmwatchbiz

they just don't know where it's located or they just don't care.

my experience as well.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Kind of like when I was at the hardware store looking for a transformer. "I need 220 to 110." 

"No sir, we only have 110 to 220."

• Like 2

I think there is a 5th possibility: you are not using the word they expect to hear when referring to an item.

For example, the other day I asked for an "audio cable" but before I got to explain it in detail, I was told "out of stock sir".

That was in an audio/video equipment store. They surely had some cables.

SkyMan

This is why I pretty much ignore them when they ask if they can help find something. I only ask for help when I've given up finding it myself and then only if I'm pretty sure they will understand the name of what it is or I can describe it.

I went to an auto parts and asked for Fuel Injector Cleaner. It took several tries to get them to at least say the words correctly during which time I was repeatedly asked, "For what kind of car, sir?" "Any car that has fuel injectors." I finally made the mistake of telling them it was for my motorcycle to which they tried to direct me to a scooter store. Of course, no scooter store is going to have Fuel Injector Cleaner. I just ignored them after that and began scanning the myriad cans of stuff on their shelves and found a can.

RogerDuMond

I think there is a 5th possibility: you are not using the word they expect to hear when referring to an item.

For example, the other day I asked for an "audio cable" but before I got to explain it in detail, I was told "out of stock sir".

That was in an audio/video equipment store. They surely had some cables.

I agree with this. I have found several times that if they don't understand what you are asking for, it is easier for them to just say "sorry sir, out of stock". Could be a face saving thing rather than admitting that they don't know what you are actually asking for.

• Like 5

Once, I was in the Watson's Pharmacy at SM. The girl walked up to the counter. I asked, "Do you have _________?" (I forget, exactly, what I was looking for.) Without bothering to look, she told me, "No sir. Out of stock, sir." I asked her to turn around and look on the end rack behind her - DIRECTLY behind her. There were four or five shelves full of the item I was looking for at the time. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Same happened to me last week while buying some coolant. 'Out of stock' and there was coolant within arms reach.   Sometimes it could be they don't understand your accent and just want you to go away, but in this case it wasn't me who asked for it.   

I didn't buy the coolant anyway, sod you for being a lazy shit. Had to go elsewhere for something else, so bought it there instead.

jtmwatchbiz

Same happened to me last week while buying some coolant. 'Out of stock' and there was coolant within arms reach.

yes seen that happen many times meeself. could be you're right the lazy shits want to avoid indulging themselves into picking up the item, ringing up the sale and dispensing the change. a quick mention of the event to the owner of the establishment can be quite enjoyable, as there are many willing people looking for a job. 

if u ask in national bookstore for robert jorfan, they will say they only have 2 books, when u then look for them u find most places have all 15. its the same in all of them

they have not listed what they have in there computer

• Like 1
SomeRandomGuy

THe wheel of time series "robert jordan".... just so u know if anyone has not read that and u are into fantasy genre it is actually quiet a good read

• Like 1

I try not to complain about living here as it is my choice to be here, but.

This is one thing the perplexes me.

In supermarkets and department stores here I am finding more often then not that out of stock actually means two or three different things.

First is obvious they are just out of stock.

Second is they say out of stock but just do not know if there is stock in storage and no one has gotten around to unpacking it.

Thirdly they say out of stock but what they really mean is we are no longer stocking this item.

I am finding more and more that I think the third is the case.  So many things I used to buy from certain department stores are no longer stocking the things I used to buy yet when asked if they will get more they just reply "out of stock" which seems to be the answer for almost anything alone with " just a moment".

Is it just me or is this seemingly more and more the case?

I put it to you ,would you care if you were only getting 200 pesos a day and thrown out of the job after 5 months ?would anyone care i sure as hell would,nt .if their employers treated their employees with a bit more respect then maybe we would get a better service but we all know that aint gonna happen anytime soon.with so much cannon fodder out there to replace their employees they will get away with it for a long time .their managers should me made to go and see how its done in more advanced countries before taking the helm of a large supermarket.