Why dogs rule..or maybe cats!

Mr. Mike

thebob

Pound for pound a cat will take a dog easily. Dogs are cowardly pack hunters, cats are top predators.

InternetTough

Pound for pound a cat will take a dog easily. Dogs are cowardly pack hunters, cats are top predators.

Pound for pound, an ant will slaughter a cat.

Despite what the video showed, if a boxer (the dog) met a house cat, I would bet on the house cat to make room. I remember when my family's cat first saw our new dog---a moment of shock and recognition, followed by dog-chases-cat-until-cat-climbs-on-something---the enduring theme of the remainder of their mutual co-existence.

And don't lions hunt in groups?

Edited by InternetTough

The video only proves what horrible creatures cats are even in a family unit where the dog has accepted the old enemy as a part of the family.  The vile creatures use that acceptance to bully the dogs with impudence.

I'm not proud of it, and just sayin'...my dobermann has killed a number of cats, one of which jumped in a window in the dead of night right into her jaws.  Some dogs won't take your shit you horrible bastards.

• Like 2
InternetTough

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO MAKE A PET OF THIS ANIMAL! 

You will have to sleep sometime.

800px-Panthera_onca_at_the_Toronto_Zoo_2

Edited by InternetTough
  • Like 1
thebob
Dogs (Waters, Gilmour) 17:06 

You gotta be crazy, you gotta have a real need.
You gotta sleep on your toes, and when you're on the street,
You gotta be able to pick out the easy meat with your eyes closed.
And then moving in silently, down wind and out of sight,
You gotta strike when the moment is right without thinking.

And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.
You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.
InternetTough

I think that you can find a lot more examples of dogs that instinctively protect a human than any brave cat stories. Newfoundlands have been documented to have spontaneously saved complete human strangers from drowning. They are great dogs to have if you have kids around water in a cool climate.

What do house cats do except scratch furniture and sometimes fight other cats on the roof?

• Like 1
thebob

I think that you can find a lot more examples of dogs that instinctively protect a human than any brave cat stories.

I was protected from an extremely dangerous sock the other day. Luckily my cat was there to protect me, because I had no idea how viscously it could fight.