What to do (or not do) when confronted by a drunk Filipino/a

smokey

Me, I just avoid being with or around drunks..

no drunks ,, smokers,,, guys who wear socks.. and door knobs... hummm empty room

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SomeRandomGuy

• tambok

• Paul

• contraman

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

happens to me quite a bit and there are many jealous people here both local and foreign. what i do is simply trump whatever gossip stories i'm being told with my own. kinda takes the wind outa their s

That's the problem with drinking alone. You need a wingman.

That does not read at all like a story of a drunk filipina. It is a story of a drunk foreigner..! Seems like it could have gone equally wrong had the lady been sober and just a bit manipulating.

RogerDuMond

Hmm ... you guys are taking the shine out of my pic of the RP.  Good to know but a bit sad that it really is this way.  Maybe I need to rethink my options.

Maybe you should take everything said here with a grain of salt and make up your own mind when you visit.

• Like 2
Davaoeno

Hmm ... you guys are taking the shine out of my pic of the RP.  Good to know but a bit sad that it really is this way.  Maybe I need to rethink my options.

A rethink is always a good thing to do . You might consider going to that other country where no one ever gets drunk [ or does drugs] and there is never any nastiness or reason to be concerned .

• Like 3
mikewright

Maybe you should take everything said here with a grain of salt and make up your own mind when you visit.

Couldn't agree more. I think it depends a lot on the person, the type of places you hang out at, how you treat people and your level of common sense. Not that you can be 100% safe 100% of the time, but that applies anywhere in the world.

• Like 1

If your looking for trouble you will probably find it. If not you won,t.

• Like 5
contraman

Me, I just avoid being with or around drunks..

Must be a lonely life, I don't see many sober people about

Just jesting :)

Irenicus

LOL - I felt the same way after being a member of the forum for over a year before actually packing up and moving to the Philippines.  I have been here Since November of last year and soon realized that while these "warnings and dangers" of the Philippines do exist, you are not gonna run into them that often (if at all).  Just know what they are - it's that whole forewarned is forearmed (or sumthin like that).  Short of the giant huntsmen spiders, this place is pretty much a cake walk.

• Like 4
tokyoman

Living at Manila Bay I don't feel I am in the "third world" anymore and don't run into any drunks

One of the scariest times was when I did run into a Pinoy drunk at a beach in Talisay.....(every beach has a few drunks as the San Miguel flows from mid morning)

After saying NO to his requests of some money for more beer ( I suppose) I gave in and gave this drunk 100 pesos to get lost

Within 10 minutes he had come back to where I was sitting and starting waffling on what bad things America has done etc etc

Ignoring him must of pissed him off because he mentioned the word "gun" and " bang bang"

Without wasting time I jumped into a pedicab and got out of there

I wasn't sticking around to find out if the drunk was for real or not

Edited by tokyoman
  • Like 1
Humboldt

Just remember  if you do get into a fight  with a Filipino its like a cock fight to the end , and you really can't win .

even if you do manage to beat-up uncle Dong the town drunk , Filipino's never forget ..

that's why when I go out I like to have my wife by my side she's very tough lol

Edited by Humboldt

Hello, i don't drink but what i say is based on what i've seen and experienced as i was growing up in the PR.

1. If possible, don't drink alone. If you like to drink on your own, best do it at home, and not in a bar.

2. Filipinos are sadly notorious for "crab mentality" so people might tell tales out of envy. Don't know about men but we have what we call women's instinct. My gut is usually right, i don't let people influence my thoughts.

3. If already in a drunken situation and people try to provoke you, just walk away. No reasoning with drunks they say.

Hope you don't get into this situation again and that you and your wife are a-okay! :-)

• Like 4
If your looking for trouble you will probably find it. If not you won,t.

"Probably" is the key word here. Most trouble in my life happened when least expected and when I was at peace with myself and just going about my daily affairs. I am sure most people's lives have the same experiences. People get robbed, beat up, killed, women get raped with no provocations at all. Sometimes it happens the way you say, sometimes, it doesn't. There is such a thing in life as " surprise", unprovoked attacks, invasions of one nation by another with no reason, etc etc.

• Like 2
bkkmarlowe

That's the problem with drinking alone. You need a wingman.

Or a wing lady? hehe...

• Like 1
tokyoman

Another reason to avoid drunks

MANILA, Philippines—A truck driver died after he accidentally shot off his penis in Rosales, Pangasinan, police said Friday.

Geronimo Narciso, 37, was drinking with friends inside the compound of Tagumpay Lumber and Construction Supply when he brought out his gun and fired it twice downwards, Senior Inspector Ryan Manongdo, Pangasinan police spokesman, said.

His drinking buddies, Arnel Nacino and Edwin Alcera, asked him to stop firing his homemade gun, Manongdo said.

Narciso heeded their request and was tucking his gun to his waist when it went off, hitting his genitals.
His friends rushed him to Dr. Chan Memorial Hospital in Carmen town but was declared dead on arrival.

Manongdo said a homemade caliber 22 pistol with four live ammunitions and a spent shell were found in the area.

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/467127/man-accidentally-shoots-own-penis-dies

• Like 1
contraman

OMG

My eyes are watering at the thought