Hi everybody it's me from the UK

oscarpears

oscarpears

My maiden speech; though i have visited this site often and have been impressed by the quality of the advice and indeed some of the arguments.
I like this site for its honesty, it doesn't do "rose tinted" and that is fine in my book., The Philippines is a complex amalgamation of contradictions and to mislead people into thinking its any different and to move here without being first grounded in the reality of the country is a shockingly rapid way of turning an ordinary idealistic guy into a financially skeletal zombie.
I am sure this site has done much to prevent such needless failure and i am happy to be a member and to add my tuppence to the debates. Ingat.   

• Like 5
spritsail

The Philippines is a complex amalgamation of contradictions and to mislead people into thinking its any different and to move here without being first grounded in the reality of the country is a shockingly rapid way of turning an ordinary idealistic guy into a financially skeletal zombie.

Nice words but what do they all mean . Anyway its early in the morning and brain not in gear yet. But welcome, I'm from Hull , Yorkshire.

• Like 1

Welcome to Forum... :hi: ...and sure it's the best place on WWW, regarding Philippine info.

• Like 1
thebob

Nice first post. As you will know by perusing this site there are a wide variety of opinions here, but most of them are formed through experience so they are helpful.

Nice to see another Londoner on here innit. As you've been here, we would all be interested in your observations.

Welcome!

• Like 1
ILoveCyrus

tuppence you say?  Six-pense, non the richer.....?

• Like 2

Welcome Oscar ...so when will you be headed this way ..with your tuppence ? 

oscarpears

Thanks for the welcome everyone : :cool: I am happy to be a full member at last rather than just reading posts anonymously from the sidelines, and not contributing to the knowledge i am happy to feast upon.
I shall be happy to join in discussions and add a little to the honesty that is such an attractive feature of this Forum. Thanks again to everyone for the welcome  :cool:

• Like 2

hi from shrewsbury. rest a while, put yer feet up and join in the fun and games.

• Like 1
stingray615

Welcome to the forums Oscar!  I'm fairly new to the the forums as well, and have done a bit of lurking and absorbing information, and am very impressed with the camaraderie here.  Have fun and make some good friends here!   Maybe one day, we'll cross paths there in paradise!

• Like 1
oscarpears

Thanks Stingray, but i have no wish to exit this world just yet for the dubious delights of Paradise. i don't think i have been quite good enough, instead i expect i'll be shuffled off to the other place  :wink:
I shall see you some day in the Philippines and promise to lubricate your welcome with a Red Horse or two. Take care :)