Cream for coffee

I had it all planned to haul over 30 pounds of Columbian ( Dave's not here man LOL) figuring that would get me by for a year and save me $150 bucks or so but besides the hassle of carting the 10 cans and my small but excellent Cuisinart maker, I realized I gotta find cream or it won't work for me. So then if cream (not milk or Cremora) is hardly available (inconvenient ) and expensive ... I should change my MO to Expresso??? I can drink that without cream but I would rather have my 2 nice strong cups of coffee a day with the half and half. Here I buy a quart of ULTRA PASTEURIZED cream for $1.50 and it lasts me 2 - 3 weeks. So should I just forget coffee (rude awakening haha get it ?) or switch to expresso ?

CebuKano

If you want the brand name Half and Half I believe I've seen it here in the supermarkets. I'm not a big coffee drinker but I will keep an eye out for it and report back. But I'm sure someone else here knows first hand.

Edit: Sorry, I was thinking CoffeeMate, not h&h. We plan on going to S&R in the next few days and I will look for it there.

Edited by Motörhead
BossHog

Eagle Brand Condensed Milk is okay in coffee.

Not the best solution but if you're willing to drink coffee made from beans roasted over a year ago you're obviously not very selective.

Either that or buy a goat.

Also, you can get very good recently roasted beans here for 300 pesos a kilo which is three bucks a pound.

Edited by BossHog
  • Like 1
SkyMan

I like the taste of coffee so no need for pollutants.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

make sure your coffee maker can handle 240

you mean 420?

• Like 1
CebuKano

you mean 420?

420 is the industrial-sized 3 phase Benford 420 model coffee maker :D

• Like 2
CebuKano

no I think I mean 220

Actually very good point. I ended up blowing up my power supply for my PC when I first arrived here simply because I forgot to move the switch on the back to 220 :( I felt like an idiot for not changing it BEFORE I arrived here.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

thought he might be talking about,you know,special coffee

• Like 1

Nah its good enough for me. Costco - Kirkland Columbian Supremo 3 pound cans $9 or 390 php(not a coffee snob) but just dark and fin grind enough for me. S&R price is 1,000 php. Just 3 well rounded tablespoons and a double filter and throw in 16 ounce of water, cream and sweetner and I'm gold. 3 lbs. lasts me 5 weeks here in U.S. (me alone) I could cut back some but then my gf she'll probably be doing half and halfs LOL.

BTW - Half and half refers to the ratio of half heavy cream and half whole milk.

Or I can forego the whole thing. The 3 months I spent there (2 trips) I had coffee twice. So I will survive if I don't and won't have to haul all that crap there LOL'

Electric ? I was just going to buy a few converters and put around where ever I live. Is that ill advised in the kitchen ? I might ask in another forum but anyways since the subject was brought up. Where is the best place to buy those converters in the U.S. or should I purchase there which is almost always not the answer ?

Sorry, if there is such stuff as far as half and half or real cream and is it hard to find and approx. cost (probably buy 250 gms size since not ultra-pasteurized) any info appreciated.

thanks

I like that but I add a little Jamesons and a hit of Gran Marnier and garnish with whip cream.

Edited by fluke
smokey

Nah its good enough for me. Costco - Kirkland Columbian Supremo 3 pound cans $9 or 390 php(not a coffee snob) but just dark and fin grind enough for me. S&R price is 1,000 php. Just 3 well rounded tablespoons and a double filter and throw in 16 ounce of water, cream and sweetner and I'm gold. 3 lbs. lasts me 5 weeks here in U.S. (me alone) I could cut back some but then my gf she'll probably be doing half and halfs LOL.

BTW - Half and half refers to the ratio of half heavy cream and half whole milk.

Or I can forego the whole thing. The 3 months I spent there (2 trips) I had coffee twice. So I will survive if I don't and won't have to haul all that crap there LOL'

Electric ? I was just going to buy a few converters and put around where ever I live. Is that ill advised in the kitchen ? I might ask in another forum but anyways since the subject was brought up. Where is the best place to buy those converters in the U.S. or should I purchase there which is almost always not the answer ?

Sorry, if there is such stuff as far as half and half or real cream and is it hard to find and approx. cost (probably buy 250 gms size since not ultra-pasteurized) any info appreciated.

thanks

well you can always find a place that has 220/110 power  

I

well you can always find a place that has 220/110 power

That's what I'm thinking. LOL Good deal Smokey. Hey you live there , right ? Says previous res.