Is this a Valid American Consular address in Cebu..?

ILoveCyrus

American Consular Office - Cebu Address
Ground Floor of the Waterfront Hotel
#1 Salinas Drive, Lahug, Cebu City
(63)(32) 231-1261
Open 8AM to 11AM only

I found this while searching on the NET.  I need to talk to American's or people who can help American citizens.

Apparently, the Immigration office does not recognize my son as a Dual Citizen, even though we process his paperwork to be such at the Philippines Consulate in Los Angeles back in May 2013.

Whatever........ just another way to suck money out of us...?   I have other questions for them as well.

Nangulo

If you want to go there in person, that is where it is.  Don't know about the phone number.

shadow

American Consular Office - Cebu Address

Ground Floor of the Waterfront Hotel

#1 Salinas Drive, Lahug, Cebu City

(63)(32) 231-1261

Open 8AM to 11AM only

I found this while searching on the NET.  I need to talk to American's or people who can help American citizens.

Apparently, the Immigration office does not recognize my son as a Dual Citizen, even though we process his paperwork to be such at the Philippines Consulate in Los Angeles back in May 2013.

Whatever........ just another way to suck money out of us...?   I have other questions for them as well.

That's where it is, but they cannot help you with Filipino citizenship issues, you need to talk to Philippine immigration about that.

Where was he born? If born abroad, did you register him as a birth abroad? What I am getting at here is, WHICH citizenship does / did he hold first? By the way I read your post, he holds a US passport already?

But, as Larry has stated, dual citizenship, IF he already holds US citizenship, will be under Philippine government authority.

SkyMan

With which immigration are you having problems? And in which country was he born?

Edited by SkyMan

I think there is an echo in here. :D 

Yeah, man, although a lot is "ass-u-me"d in your post, give us all specifics just to make sure. 

ILoveCyrus

He arrived with mama in July this year. Immig in Mactan airport said they did not or will not recognize his dual citz paperwork....wtheck??

ILoveCyrus

He is 2yrs 4mos old. Mama and I .... dual citz but I heard from another Filam that "they" dont recognize these certs as valid.... he said they're a JOKE... and I wasted my money at Consulate in LA.

Brucewayne

I am not sure, but I have been told that you have to register any citizen born abroad in the Philippines, on Philippine soil only and if they are genuinely of Philippine blood.

It could be that the office that registered your child may have been fishing and caught you.

ILoveCyrus

Ah.... the Philippine Consulate in Los Angeles CA USA? That office? Fishing? LoL

shadow

He was born in Cali USA.

Assuming you registered his birth, does he have a Filipino passport? If not, apply for one using the certificate you were given. Once the child has a Philippine passport, immigration cannot mess with you any more about it.

• Like 1
Brucewayne

Ah.... the Philippine Consulate in Los Angeles CA USA? That office? Fishing? LoL

I'm not trying to say the govt. here is corrupt from the bottom up, but there are rumors to that effect.

• Like 1

If you followed the guidance from the Los Angeles consulate and registered the birth abroad, then you should have been given a copy of that for your use. However, there is also a copy of that record sent to the NSA here. You can even order a copy online or go to an NSA office and get one. That is evidence of Philippino citizenship. Getting a Philippino passport would help but is not necessary if your needs are domestic. Not sure if I messed the particular problem you are experiencing. If the child entered the country using the USA passport then someone could question whether a visa was necessary. However, having the evidence of Philippino citizenship makes that moot.

ILoveCyrus

Where is the NSA office in Cebu? Is it called NSO here?