Sign in to follow this  
cebulover2000

Resto bar with life music recommendations please

cebulover2000

Here is one: Mood in Consolacion just past the new SM towards Liloan

Wolfpack

Naga at night...south of Cebu City...is really cool place to go...

sea side, behind their municipality, there are resto bars...and just a cool night scene...on friday and saturday nights, one of those resto bars has live music...just that whole area in general, any night of the week...is a cool place to go...and very cheap!!!

thebob

Papas about half way between Fuente and Emall.

Food isn't much but the music is great.

Edited by thebob
  • Like 1

tim

Not sure if it is consider a Resto Bar, but the Boathous ( I think that is how they spelled it - it's the old Lisa's) has live music 6 days a week. I think it was Sunday they did not have a live band. And each night there is a different band. So they do have a different atmosphere and a different crowd depending on the bands. We went there several times on our visit last September and had a great time. 

Hy H

Papas about half way between Fuente and Emall.

Is it on Osmena Blvd?

udonthani

it is always weekends only if you are lucky. If most of the musical talent of the Philippines wasn't overseas, it would be every night,

AlfredPolly

Moodnight  in Consolacion is a great shout with their live bands every Friday and Saturday night. Definitely a no frills venue but the food is ok. 

Further up the road, just over the border in Liloan is Sannie's Place. Decent food and ,fairly recently, live bands 5 nights a week but it has seemed a little quiet the last few times I've passed. They are on FB so I'd check it out before you make a special trip.

My favourite though is Mo2 in Mandaue. Live bands every night, good food, pool tables, videoke, disco and friendly staff. Quite impressive to be honest.

• Like 1

Kodiak570

Tonyos in Lahug -- Same spot of the now demolished Sunflower.

thebob

it is always weekends only if you are lucky. 

What is weekends only? Papas is open during the week.

udonthani

Filipino musicians are like seafarers. The better ones, just aren't here.

towboat72

We like MO2 also have been there several times its always fun

Kim_

I think one of the members of this forum once said he used to have some jamming sessions there in Liloan or nearby....?

Others have been there and liked it....

Monsoon

it is always weekends only if you are lucky. If most of the musical talent of the Philippines wasn't overseas, it would be every night,

Top musical talent that is alive and well here in the Philippines doesn't frequent 300 peso flop houses or coin operated videoke bars. 

You actually have to go somewhere decent to hear them. 

• Like 1

udonthani

Top musical talent that is alive and well here in the Philippines doesn't frequent 300 peso flop houses or coin operated videoke bars. 

You actually have to go somewhere decent to hear them. 

yeah right as if a proper live music venue that is world class like say the Saxophone Pub in Bangkok is likely to open up in Cebu any time soon.