Consecutive SmartBro UNLISURF registrations...

BossHog

If you use the SmartBro USB dongles you know that you can avail of 50, 85, and 200 peso packages good for 1,2, and 5 days respectively.

It's been frustrating not to be able to simply register for a month of UNLISURF and forget about it.

When on the phone with a Smart representative today about another matter she told me they'd been upgrading the system over the past week and you can now register UNLISURF packages consecutively. She said it's a work in progress and I should try it while online with their call center in case of problems.

Well, I just tried it by myself. Loaded 500 pesos to my SIM card number at the sari-sari shop. At home I registered for the 5 day/200 peso package and then immediately did it again and IT WORKED!  400 pesos were deducted and I have ten days of UNLISURF. Not sure how many times you can do it but she said you could load a 1000 pesos and register five times and have 25 days of UNLISURF.

Avail of Smart Prepaid Broadband subscriptions here: http://store.smart.com.ph/catalog/promo/

Hope this is helpful to others.

• Like 2
Majorsco

I use SmartBro in my Iphone (Sim without Dongle) and I go for the 1 month package every time.  I've been doing it for months.

johnboy999

I've got one of the 4G/LTE pocket wifis on SMART prepaid and with that one you can have a 30 day subscription for 995 pesos. On my 3G one, I used to get the UNLISURF 200 every 5 days and it used to be a pain as it wouldn't allow you to re-subscribe until those 5 days were over. You couldn't, for example have 1 month's worth set up in advance and not have to worry about it every 5 days. So, I'm glad to see they're taking another step in the right direction

• Like 1
BossHog

I use SmartBro in my Iphone (Sim without Dongle) and I go for the 1 month package every time. I've been doing it for months.

Yes, I have been aware that the Unli Surf 1200/ 30 day Data subscription has been available on phones/tablets.

5 days has been (and still is) the longest UNLISURF subscription you can get on the USB dongles. It's just that now you can register multiple times at the same time to get a longer effective UNLISURF subscription.

Put the sim in your phone   to do unli1200   then move the sim to your USB dongle

I have done  that many times

Unli Surf Daily P50  1 day UNLI50 to 211

Unli Surf Weekly P300 7 days UNLI300 to 211

Unli Surf Monthly P1,200 30 days UNLI1200 to 211

Edited by Woolf
  • Like 2

I've got one of the 4G/LTE pocket wifis on SMART prepaid and with that one you can have a 30 day subscription for 995 pesos.

IIRC the LTE 995 will work on a 3G sim also, of course you will only get 3G speeds but it seems to be cheaper than the 30 days 3G quoted above for 1200.

Don't take my word for it though... If you want to test it...  Go with the LTE for 1 day and see if it works on your 3G sim (Text LTE 50 to 2200)

http://www1.smart.com.ph/prepaid/offers/data/2013/09/24/lte-data-offers

Btw, I was recently in Cebu and I picked up 4G signal around S&M, Alaya, Fuente Circle and parts of Talisay.

• Like 1
BossHog

but it seems to be cheaper than the 30 days 3G quoted above for 1200.

I had noticed that as well. Odd that LTE 4G is 205 pesos less per 30 days than 2G/3G.

If you want to test it... Go with the LTE for 1 day and see if it works on your 3G sim (Text LTE 50 to 2200)

Yes. Someone please test it out and see if it works. I would but I'm already locked into the UNLISURF for the next ten days and can't subscribe to other plans until it expires.

johnboy999
Just a heads-up on the LTE prepaid subscriptions. It doesn't appear to be possible to have these consecutively subscribed to each other. I'm currently on the LTE 995 for one month and mine expires tomorrow. I just sent the message LTE 995 to "stack" another month on, instead of waiting until tomorrow when the plan expires, but I got the message back "You are still subscribed to a data package. You may avail of LTE Data Package upon expiration of your current subscription."

So, it looks like they haven't changed the policy to cover the LTE subscriptions yet. Maybe you can add the LTE if you are on a standard UNLISURF, I don't know.

Unli Surf Monthly P1,200 30 days UNLI1200 to 211

I tried "UNLI1200" and got a message " wrong code, If you want 30 days unlimited, text "UNLI999" to 211 (and I got 30 days)

Charge was 999 pesos.

KonC

• Like 1

I tried "UNLI1200" and got a message " wrong code, If you want 30 days unlimited, text "UNLI999" to 211 (and I got 30 days)

Charge was 999 pesos.

KonC

Was that on a LTE sim or a normal sim  ??

Was that on a LTE sim or a normal sim  ??

Normal sim, No LTE here on Camiguin island.

KonC

Ok, thanks good to know, they must have lowered the price