Sign in to follow this  
BFHammer

Burial assistance

BFHammer

A friend of mine is in kawit medellun. She was not able to get to the shelters before the storm due to her mom being paralyzed. The hut she had been building her mom collapsed 2 hours into the storm. Her mom got sick and passed away today.

Do any of you know who she can contact there to assist with the burial? She said there were some doctors in bogo.

She doesn't think the catholics will allow her mom to be buried in their cemetary.

It doesn't sound like any charities are nearby or any way to transport the body either.  

Any ideas?

ed villas

have you thought of contacting the city hall? mayors office? or other offical who lives nearby,

if she is a dual citizen then contact the appropriate embassy for help

BFHammer

I have no idea how to contact folks there.  She is engaged to an American but he is having rather serious heart problems at the moment from what I understand.  

jtmwatchbiz

i don't know if it will be any help, but we used a fellow here in cebu who had a large van type taxi to bring our relief goods to that place and he is very familiar with bogo, the people and the surrounding towns. if you like send me a PM and i can have my wife call him and see if he knows where and how your friend's mom can be transported to be buried.  

• Like 1