how often do you eat rice, on average?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. how often do you eat rice, on average?

• I never eat rice.
    • I almost never eat rice. No more than once a month.
    • I eat rice about twice a month.
    • I eat rice about once a week.
    • I eat rice two or three times a week.
    • I eat rice about once a day.
    • I eat rice about twice a day.
    • I eat rice three times a day.
    • I not only eat rice three times a day, but I hardly eat anything EXCEPT rice.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

gefilte fish sushi

15wfh3n.jpg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• udonthani

• Kim_

• broden

• thebob

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

3 times a day usually. I am about the least fussy eater I have ever met. I enjoy everything put in front of me, and I love canned fish.

Rice is a must for Pinoys. Each and every meal.   I am Pinoy....so u know my answer.

it's a poor child who lives in the sea

I like my rice two times a day but I miss my weekly Jansson temptation at times.

Yes, I understand you are from Scandinavia. Jansons frästelse is yummie....

Edited by Kim_

Yes, I understand you are from Scandinavia. Jansons frästelse is yummie....

Departed Rovaniemi Finland 1978 to Australia

And to stay on topic we did consume a fair bit of rice even them days in puddings and several different kinds of casserole dishes   risgröt… leverlåda…. Kåldolmar for instance.

• Like 1
udonthani

I don't think you can grow rice anywhere in Europe. You can grow it in the United States definitely and even in Australia I think.

I don't think you can grow rice anywhere in Europe. You can grow it in the United States definitely and even in Australia I think.

Why so? Southern Europe have a climate that should be ok for rice.... atleast it's good for grapes ;)

We upnorth still shiver and do not understand how some feckheads wants to come living here....

mikewright

Until a Chinese takeaway arrived in our town, the only rice we ate as kids was boiled rice with cream and pineapple pieces, as a dessert. Now, on average, we have rice at least once a day.

My wife maintains that she cannot sleep at night if she hasn't eaten rice during the day. We buy rice in 25-kilo bags, and have a "rice box" in the kitchen to dispense it.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Depends if I have a food that goes well with it. I actually ate more rice while in the US the previous 8 months because I enjoy a "proper" chinese there.

I eat rice in the Philippines when im served a proper Thai, Chinese or Indian meal. And in all of those cases its not the crap they boil here and serve off to fill the stomachs of the masses. Local rice is crap. Im sorry I dont do slop. Ill avoid it.

If they served a nice jasmine or other well handled rice Id be happy to consume it more often. But when i see that pot of crap they call rice here, neh, ive worked hard enough, and i dont find it appealing at all. Why would I eat it?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Love it. Sea urchin is good as well.

I will eat dangit at pusit as pulotan. But still walang rice. Dili oi.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• Admin (Retired)
broden

yeah usa grows a load of rice 

From the International Rice Research Institute:

"The EU produced 1.79 million tons of milled rice in 2011, mostly in Italy."

and

"Around two-thirds of the rice consumed by European citizens is grown in the European Union..."

(http://www.irri.org/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=12567:rice-in-europe〈=en)

• Like 1

I love rice -  Basmati - with butter, season salt and brown Habanero sauce. (Green and red too mild)

Wife doesn't really care for it - look forward to eating more when I get there.

thebob

sushi is the biggest con job ever.   what happened was, a couple of Jewish guys from New York, wanted to open up a restaraunt with the idea of making some money. But when they were figuring it out how to do it, they realised they were going to need a kitchen.

How long have you been visiting from your parallel universe?

• Like 2

I voted 2-3 times per week. 

One of the ongoing jokes that I and my filipina wife of 13 years have is re-quoting an exchange that we had during our first year of marriage when I told her "lucky for you I like rice," to which she replied, "no, lucky for YOU you like rice, because that's what we're gonna have!"

We live in the U.S. with ready access to potatoes, and I am a reasonably good cook, so she and her family (her mother and sister live with us) have rice probably 6 days out of 7, and I'm good with having rice for about 3 days a week with me cooking my own potato dishes in between when I get a craving.  My mother-in law likes my potato dishes too. 

Mostly we have jasmine rice with an occasional batch of basmati or nishiki rice just for variety.

• Like 1