how often do you eat rice, on average?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. how often do you eat rice, on average?

• I never eat rice.
    • I almost never eat rice. No more than once a month.
    • I eat rice about twice a month.
    • I eat rice about once a week.
    • I eat rice two or three times a week.
    • I eat rice about once a day.
    • I eat rice about twice a day.
    • I eat rice three times a day.
    • I not only eat rice three times a day, but I hardly eat anything EXCEPT rice.

rainymike

In the states and in the Philippines, rice was a daily part of my diet. But I'm also a potato and pasta and bread kind of guy. Once in a while I'll just eat a baked potato for dinner (no one else in the family will join in ... lol). Rarely eat rice for breakfast though ... I prefer oatmeal and wheat bread. Everyone will eat my spaghetti and lasagna even though its not pinoy style.

I like sticky white rice (no Uncle Ben's for me), fried rice, garlic rice, brown rice. I also eat the mochi style rice like kankanin and buchi.

Back in Hawaii, you could get rice served up with scrambled eggs and sausage for breakfast.

If I eat a stew, I like it on rice with a side of potato and macaroni salad. Yeah, and I'm one of those who will eat rice with my pancit as well.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• udonthani

• Kim_

• broden

• thebob

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

3 times a day usually. I am about the least fussy eater I have ever met. I enjoy everything put in front of me, and I love canned fish.

Rice is a must for Pinoys. Each and every meal.   I am Pinoy....so u know my answer.

it's a poor child who lives in the sea

thebob

Canned fish is one thing...how does it go with dried fish?
Love it. Sea urchin is good as well.
udonthani

I Rarely eat rice for breakfast though

I  have started eating rice with breakfast, but only when a Filipina is there. When I'm alone I probably would not but it is so tempting when such easy nourishment is sitting right there, in the rice cooker. I did not think, that was likely to happen.

Mine is closer to 4 times per week. She, nor I, are real big rice eaters, but we do on occasion. 

BossHog

The missus eats rice like an average Filipina.

I'll eat it like an average kano in d;Phils. A few times a day. Or none at all on some days.

The outlier is our Fil-Am ten-year old. She doesn't eat rice. Never has, Nor has she ever even tasted it. Just not interested.

She'll eat bread, pasta, potatoes, cereal, etc. So no nutritional issues just cultural ones. Girl Scout camp was tough this year.

Come to think of it I can't recall ever eating rice as a kid in the States. Just wasn't on our culinary radar. Probably ate it for the first time at a university cafeteria ethnic theme night or something.

udonthani

Come to think of it I can't recall ever eating rice as a kid in the States. Just wasn't on our culinary radar. Probably ate it for the first time at a university cafeteria ethnic theme night or something.

I  think it depends on what state you come from, and also what kind of American you are. Asian Americans, may very well eat more than most, I would have thought even if their forebears were Americans generations back. Some states of the US produce quite a lot, of rice and they have for a long time. They are going to eat quite a lot of it, as well.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

nothing new.. always have eaten rice .. probably on average about once a week. funny thing is my wife who eats rice more often than me has taken to brown rice she enjoys it more than white.. where i prefer white

Not sure what sea urchin is!

I eat rice ones a day, with anything, even pizza, I need rice. Some Sundays, if time allows, we eat rice, egg and bacon (or tocino) in the morning. I'm also from potato land but always preferred rice, also before marring a pinay.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

• Like 2

Well, I Googled it...you think thebob is applying for citizenship? Weird stuff (+ rice, to stay on topic ) his eating...

• Like 1
thebob

On sushi it's called uni and is quite expensive. It is really popular in many costal areas here and we just harvest it from the sea.

l.jpg

Edited by thebob

Rice?

As a child - almost never - my ex-wife, a pinay, taught me to eat it and I learned. I enjoy it these days, cook it 2-4 times a month or so.

Mostly when I make some stroganoff, meat or sausage, but also when I cook a chicken meal.

Otherwise I love all pasta variations that are available.

This from a born POTATO man ... ;)

Just for no misunderstandings, I am still a POTATO man and love potatoes in every way it is cooked.

I like my rice two times a day but I miss my weekly Jansson temptation at times. When up in AC use to get it at Swedes resto up there , forgotten the name of the place now. 

Following Off the topic here fair bit but.

How do you like the Saab been back in production next year??

• Like 1
johnboy999

They love sulwaki here in Alcoy, with rice and datu puti. I just let them get on with it, not keen on seafoods here!

• Like 1
udonthani

sushi is the biggest con job ever.

what happened was, a couple of Jewish guys from New York, wanted to open up a restaraunt with the idea of making some money. But when they were figuring it out how to do it, they realised they were going to need a kitchen.

this bothered them, Because they realised that the kitchen was going to be expensive. Probably the most expensive part, of the whole thing.

so they came up with the idea of doing without any kitchen, and just giving them this raw fish.

they sold the idea to a Japanese corporation, and the rest is history.

• Like 1