how often do you eat rice, on average?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. how often do you eat rice, on average?

• I never eat rice.
    • I almost never eat rice. No more than once a month.
    • I eat rice about twice a month.
    • I eat rice about once a week.
    • I eat rice two or three times a week.
    • I eat rice about once a day.
    • I eat rice about twice a day.
    • I eat rice three times a day.
    • I not only eat rice three times a day, but I hardly eat anything EXCEPT rice.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• udonthani

• Kim_

• broden

• thebob

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

3 times a day usually. I am about the least fussy eater I have ever met. I enjoy everything put in front of me, and I love canned fish.

Rice is a must for Pinoys. Each and every meal.   I am Pinoy....so u know my answer.

it's a poor child who lives in the sea

jtmwatchbiz

prolly about once a week. i don't have any real dislike for it but i don't crave it either. neither does my wife. i actually like the "uncle bens" rice back in the USA as it has a nice fluffy consistency to it. at least that's how it is when my mom cooks it. 

udonthani

I voted twice a day but I think the average is more like 1.5 times a day.

there are very few days here, when I don't eat rice at least once.

but no way do I want to eat rice with every meal, like many Filipinos seem to want to do. It is a bit like the western traditional custom (now in decline I think) that it is a good idea, to eat bread with every meal. They have the same attitude, with rice. So they have rice even with pancit canton, which I would never do. Why. The noodles is enough. Rice, is not necessary.

or one of the simple meals in my repetoire is just a corn beef hash type thing, with vegetables (potatoes, cabbage, carrot and green beans) served up with corn beef and maybe Boston-type baked beans as well and raw onion, just to give it a bit of texture. You can get all the ingredients easily in any sari and cook it with no fuss on a single ring. It is a perfectly adequate and filling meal in its own right, but for Filipinos it is not enough. They look at it and think, hey that looks alright, but where's the rice?

• Like 1
ILoveCyrus

Rice is a must for Pinoys. Each and every meal.

I am Pinoy....so u know my answer.

• Like 2
johnboy999

When I'm at home, I'll eat rice most evenings as part of the evening meal, but if I'm eating out, I never eat rice.

udonthani

what kind of meal can you eat out in a provincial town like Alcoy though that is a meal and not a snack that doesn't have rice in it? (Buy1-Take1 burgers don't count. They are not meals).

sometimes I'm in provinicial towns like that and eating out most meals, they will almost always have rice in them, i.e. like in rice, soup, maybe bola bola and perhaps caldereta on top of that if I'm hungry. If I don't want to eat rice then I will just substitute pancit noodles. But I won't eat rice and noodles together like Filipinos do. For me it is one, or the other.

sometimes you are in the province and staying in their house and it is rice with everything except sometimes when it's corn. So you can ask for that, if there is some, if you don't want rice. But for them corn is distinctly second best and they usually only eat it when rice is unavailable.

I eat alot of rice when i am in Oz, but normally brown rice with quinoa mixed in

johnboy999

what kind of meal can you eat out in a provincial town like Alcoy though that is a meal and not a snack that doesn't have rice in it? (Buy1-Take1 burgers don't count. They are not meals).

sometimes I'm in provinicial towns like that and eating out most meals, they will almost always have rice in them, i.e. like in rice, soup, maybe bola bola and perhaps caldereta on top of that if I'm hungry. If I don't want to eat rice then I will just substitute pancit noodles. But I won't eat rice and noodles together like Filipinos do. For me it is one, or the other.

sometimes you are in the province and staying in their house and it is rice with everything except sometimes when it's corn. So you can ask for that, if there is some, if you don't want rice. But for them corn is distinctly second best and they usually only eat it when rice is unavailable.

There is a fairly nice restaurant at Narrapark Hotel that we visit often, and also Bodos Bamboo Bar, both in Alcoy. Both of the restaurants at those places will serve fries, or mashed potato, for example as a side dish with your meal instead of rice. I can eat steak, chicken kiev, ribs, pork/chicken medallions or many other meals such as lasagne, etc. It might be a provincial town, but it doesn't mean that you have to settle for carendaria food if you choose not to!

udonthani

in the west, I eat it maybe twice a week. Well more than once a week. Like one Indian or Chinese takeaway and then some other time, an evening meal with rice in it. Or a packed lunch in a tupperware box, that is a sauce with rice. I have realised that it is OK to eat cold meals with rice and noodles like Filipinos so often do, especially on hot summer days. On cold days, I might bring along the sauce in a thermos flask, and just mix it up with the rice or noodles or even spaghetti in the tupperware box to make a hot meal.

udonthani

It might be a provincial town, but it doesn't mean that you have to settle for carendaria food if you choose not to!

that is kind of true. There might be some kind of place like a hotel or resort not so far away where there is stuff like mashed potatoes and fries to stand in for rice and noodles.

the chances of this are higher, if you are on the coast, where there are more tourist type resorts and hotels. But I can think of several towns in Cebu without even trying where there would not be places like that, or even a Jollibee very close, i.e. within about 10km.

Rice is a must with my wife and in-laws - no rice and they get cranky and 'weak'. One time, we were coming back from Bantayan and my father-in-law was feeling a bit peckish, so we stopped at a sari sari store and got him some bread - he was not at all amused and his grumbling went on and on till we reached a restaurant...

• Like 1
thebob

3 times a day usually. I am about the least fussy eater I have ever met. I enjoy everything put in front of me, and I love canned fish.

• Like 3

(Buy1-Take1 burgers don't count. They are not meals)

I don't know, I've made a meal out of them when in the situation I needed something half edible. Seven of those thin patties per bun.

Still disgusting, but had no choice where I was, stuck out in the arse end of Cebu.

I eat rice (both brown or white) about every other day at the moment, but have recently eaten it 3 or 4 times a day. My diet and tastes change quite often.  Unlike thebob, I am a very fussy eater.

Canned fish is one thing...how does it go with dried fish? (dried squid is okay, but dried fish!)

Rice?

As a child - almost never - my ex-wife, a pinay, taught me to eat it and I learned. I enjoy it these days, cook it 2-4 times a month or so.

Mostly when I make some stroganoff, meat or sausage, but also when I cook a chicken meal.

Otherwise I love all pasta variations that are available.

This from a born POTATO man ... ;)

Just for no misunderstandings, I am still a POTATO man and love potatoes in every way it is cooked.

Edited by Kim_