Sign in to follow this  
billy

Little Siagon Big Bangkok Restaurant

MikeMS

Do think someone could correct the name of the thread and put it in the right topic? I'm pretty sure it should be little Siagon big bangkok and in the resturant section.

Paul

Do think someone could correct the name of the thread and put it in the right topic? I'm pretty sure it should be little Siagon big bangkok and in the resturant section.

Done. And, done. 

To be honest, it would have been nice had the owner replied again. But, often that is typical of business owners - hence often the reason for not giving them equal time.

• Like 1

thebob

I don't know the name of the place but there is a little Thai resto on Fructuoso Ramos that I enjoy. It has AC and street seating. Good prices and reasonably authentic, far more so than Krua Thai. Check it out if you are in the area. 

• Like 1

billy

Cool,  I guess we see things differently. To each his own.  So go ahead and trample away.  However I must state again your experience is 180 degrees opposite of mine.   I am well travelled, lived in Thailand previously, as well as Taiwan and Hong Kong.  I  enjoy  great food from street food - to  gourmet  dining and I have never had one negative experience at  LSBB.  On contrary, I found the place a refreshing delight and a restaurant I hope CEBU can retain.    You sir have been invited by the Mgt of LSBB to stop in.. tour the kitchen and  let Mark hear your grievances and offer remedy.   So if you choose to ignore that and continue to spew negative on the place it reflects poorly on you.  Please try to  have a kitchen tour and speak with owners of the other establishments you mention and see if your views remain.    

I will not comment further  or reply  to this thread.     

the problem with you sir is this is a forumn and people are just telling there views on this particular resteraunt. don't take it personal. that's what a forumn is for to tell your point of view. if i didn't like clorox are you going to say the poor owner of P& G is going to suffer? no one is being disrespectful

• Like 1

passingby

one concern is that many of us have lived in thailand or visit often  I have done both.  So I am used to GOOD thai food and have not found it in cebu.  OK so we make due with what we have I guess but one problem is that there is some degree of local adaption here in most ethnic foods - good or bad.  For many of us the filipino food is quite bland and lacking a good use of spice which many of us are used to.  If you do want a good yellow thai curry to make at home go to S&R and look for the canned curry base yellow curry and add a bit more sweet potato and chicken and a can of coconut cream and maybe a dash of yellow curry powder and it is great. Bjut I do agree with a poster above who said bring back thai items from thailand trips and the ready made curry paste and other items is the best.  Likewise on vietnamese Pho the secret is in the soup base!!  A real vietnamese will boil soup bones and other items for a LONG time for the base - NOT toss in a spoon of ready made soup  base.  I have given up on looking for a REAL good Thai or Vietnamese  place here in cebu.

• Like 2