Little Siagon Big Bangkok Restaurant

I also find that the food is too sweet in the Thai resto's here, especially the Pad Thai dish at BTC.

If a Thai is running the restaurant (in Oz) I tell them not to make it Farang style, but to make it Thai style and that seems to work.

I met my Cebuana wife in Thaiand and she is an excelllent Thai cook, she has played with the idea of opening a restaurant here but we know it's not worth it.

I noticed that there is a new Thai food stall at BTC called Little Saigon, Big Bangkok and would like to give that a try.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• billy

• udonthani

• samatm

• MikeMS

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We’ve had the chance to meet members of this forum over the past months and welcome the opportunity to address any concerns personally or by email :[email protected]   It has always b

The best solution i found for this problem was sending my wife to Thai cooking school for a week. She thoroughly enjoyed it and I got to relax and have some "me" time while she was away. Each day she

To say that I like the owner implies that have some long standing relationship with the guy.  I have met the owner only twice at  different dinning occasions..and that was because he came out to check

I love this restaurant  and the Name is  Little Saigon Big Bangkok .. and I hate to see it get trampled in a forum because of single negative comment.      The menu is not purely Thai but a combo fusion with mostly Vietnamese and Thai foods.   and the Chef and his wife are foodies that travel well and bring in new exotic items.  Cebu is very fortunate to have  a place like  Little Saigon Big Bangkok.  Dont take my word for it.. look at Trip advisor.    

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g298460-d3158428-Reviews-Little_Saigon_Big_Bangkok_Restaurant-Cebu_City_Cebu_Visayas.html.  

listen i've never had thai soup with micro shrimp very very small go anywhere for thai shrimp spicy  soup and you will see. it was a joke i should have returned it.. i'm just telling my experience i had there. the soup was 330 with service charge the highest i've paid and the worst... now your experience might be different but that was my experience. don't try to push your weight around

• Like 1

I also find that the food is too sweet in the Thai resto's here, especially the Pad Thai dish at BTC.

If a Thai is running the restaurant (in Oz) I tell them not to make it Farang style, but to make it Thai style and that seems to work.

I met my Cebuana wife in Thaiand and she is an excelllent Thai cook, she has played with the idea of opening a restaurant here but we know it's not worth it.

I noticed that there is a new Thai food stall at BTC called Little Saigon, Big Bangkok and would like to give that a try.

It's the same place as the op. the op just screwed up the name in the original post. Edited by MikeMS
  • Like 1

listen i've never had thai soup with micro shrimp very very small go anywhere for thai shrimp spicy  soup and you will see. it was a joke i should have returned it.. i'm just telling my experience i had there. the soup was 330 with service charge the highest i've paid and the worst... now your experience might be different but that was my experience. don't try to push your weight around

Not saying you had a less than stellar experience... perhaps instead  sharing your negativity  on the World Wide Web you should have first discussed with the owner Mark who takes effort to visit with and check on his customers personally unlike so many restos here.    I am sure he would have genuinely  listened and made things right for you.  These people have worked really hard to have a successfully run restaurant and their repeat business and ability to expand is testament to the fact they serve excellent and creative food.

From their FB site... it seems they have been very busy doing relief operations in  North Cebu where a number of his staff are from.  It could be that they were short staffed or the boss was away.   Regardless they are good citizens, run a fine and tasty establishment...and like I said earlier.. I hate to see a great place get trampled on a public forum because of single negative experience.   

• Like 2

I think the main problem is the "Modified to taste". Had Chinese Siomai (shumai) last night. They actually put sausage meat in wrappers to steam them. Ordered the "black mushroom" expecting shiitake. All they did was topped the sausage with 4 slices of canned mushroom.

I wish they would go light on the photos they show of food. What you see and what you get bears no resemblance whatsoever. There is a Consumer Act of the Philippines. Republic Act 7394.

If in Manila go to the Thai restaurant on the second floor of the glorietta mall. The food is great and prices are very fair.

• Like 1

Yes I not sure what happened there. This place was our favorite when it was in Guadalupe but the quality has seemed to slip at the new location. I also noticed that we don't see the owner around like we use that might explain the drop off.

I went there once when it was in Guadalupe.  I found it over priced and poor quality of Thai....as if the prices aren't high

enough, they charged a service fee to bring the food from the kitchen to the table.  Outrageous!!

The Banana Leaf at Ayala is far better for quality and price.

• Like 1

i been there once and they had nothin that was on the menu sorry sir out of stock ,and from the prices i seen was why to high,so have never been back, i go to the blue elephant in the walk at it park seems to have resonable thai food? ,and the other one is in the mall just past country mall,on the other side the road, siam thai is also ok or passable

• Like 2
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

If in Manila go to the Thai restaurant on the second floor of the glorietta mall. The food is great and prices are very fair.

You talking about the Dusit Thani? Ive been to a few parties catered by them (I assume the hotel not the little resto) and it has always been good.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Not saying you had a less than stellar experience... perhaps instead  sharing your negativity  on the World Wide Web you should have first discussed with the owner Mark who takes effort to visit with and check on his customers personally unlike so many restos here.    I am sure he would have genuinely  listened and made things right for you.  These people have worked really hard to have a successfully run restaurant and their repeat business and ability to expand is testament to the fact they serve excellent and creative food.

From their FB site... it seems they have been very busy doing relief operations in  North Cebu where a number of his staff are from.  It could be that they were short staffed or the boss was away.   Regardless they are good citizens, run a fine and tasty establishment...and like I said earlier.. I hate to see a great place get trampled on a public forum because of single negative experience.

Listen i did let the help know but they looked at me with a dumb look. Also thats what the forumn is for telling your good and bad experiences just like a food critic. I said anbiance was nice and one dish was very good but one dish was bad the resteraunt is on the lesft side entring street gioing to maria louisa. I think its called little bangkok.

Maybe the owner is a nice person that has nothing to do with it. Just because you like owner who cares

mortarandpestle

Thai food. I ate at little bangkok at entrance to maria louisa last night. Ambiance very nice you can either eat outside or inside air con. We ate outside. Ordered pad thai and it was excellent. Had the shrimp spicy soup i forget the name it was awful the taste was odd and a few micro shrimp with a few mushrooms what a dissapointment. Bill with 2 iced teas was 759 pesos. A few days earlier went to krua thai in banilad town center and had seafood with noodles was excellent and chicken coconut soup excellent also. The portions were big. With two iced teas bill was 520...

We’ve had the chance to meet members of this forum over the past months and welcome the opportunity to address any concerns personally or by email :[email protected]

It has always been our intention to remain transparent with customers and that’s why we cook in open kitchens and keep in close contact with our regulars.

While we are not immune to issues, we do take all constructive criticism seriously.  We are proud of what we do, and how we do it. It hurts when people go away unsatisfied or when we didn't give our best. 

When it comes to the problem with the dish mentioned here, the server should have asked about it shortly after serving it.  We have a fair process in place to handle just about any problem. We could have remade it, replaced it or removed it from your bill entirely. That’s our fault for not following up on it which from the sounds of it should not have been made in the first place if the shrimp were of that quality. We’d be happy to refund you on your next visit or we can give it another shot if you permit us.

I won’t apologize for our prices, which most of our customers know to be fair, especially once they understand what goes into our food. Spend 5 minutes inside our kitchen and allow me to prove it to you. I will also let you know how most Thai restaurants, even in thailand, make the dishes you mentioned and how we choose to do ours. 

Our goal was to make great asian dishes by hand, not to make commercialized cuisine, not to hit a price point that appeases crowds, and certainly not to follow the same tired script that so many follow in Cebu. That road leads no where we want to go.

But rather than point/counter-point, please take the time to send me an email about your experience so we can get to work on improving it. The same of course goes to anyone on these forums. We may have small noses but we've got big ears.

The Team @ LSBB

================

Approved by Paul

Edited by Paul
  • Like 9

But rather than point/counter-point, please take the time to send me an email about your experience so we can get to work on improving it. The same of course goes to anyone on these forums. We may have small noses but we've got big ears.

The Team @ LSBB

I gave you the courtesy of posting in this thread. I rarely do that for businesses. I hope you will give back to the forums, by at least being somewhat active on it.

• Like 1

Just because you like owner who cares

To say that I like the owner implies that have some long standing relationship with the guy.  I have met the owner only twice at  different dinning occasions..and that was because he came out to check on us personally, explain the dishes, and one time without even requesting offered a Birthday  extra on the house. I came to the defense because I really love the place, its food, and attitude.   I experienced some great dining  sensations... that I had never had before in all my travels and thank the team for setting up in dusty ol'  Cebu.    I seldom plug a resto...the only other one i have is the current popular ITALIA..because it worth keeping in CEBU.   The same reason I plug LSBB.     So great  you find a place where the food is bad and the mgt doesn't give a damn and they  steal your money...please do let us know.    YOU CAN DO WHAT YOU WANT<  But remember your single complaint  carries much weight than many raves.  You can really put a dent into the pocket book and  viability of  place by running it down publicly .  Be sure it warrants the abuse before you unleash and please do check with the owner to solve the problems  first or correct the food before a public bashing.     

Edited by samatm
  • Like 3

I hate to see a great place get trampled on a public forum because of single negative experience.

My point is it isn't a great place...rather over priced food that didn't do justice to Thai food. 

I've given up on discussing my displeasure with a restaurant's management as they usually act concerned and then just blow it off.  With Big Bangkok, Little Saigon, I was thoroughly disgusted and wouldn't waste my time returning for another overpriced meal.

My point is it isn't a great place...rather over priced food that didn't do justice to Thai food. 

I've given up on discussing my displeasure with a restaurant's management as they usually act concerned and then just blow it off.  With Big Bangkok, Little Saigon, I was thoroughly disgusted and wouldn't waste my time returning for another overpriced meal.

Cool,  I guess we see things differently. To each his own.  So go ahead and trample away.  However I must state again your experience is 180 degrees opposite of mine.   I am well travelled, lived in Thailand previously, as well as Taiwan and Hong Kong.  I  enjoy  great food from street food - to  gourmet  dining and I have never had one negative experience at  LSBB.  On contrary, I found the place a refreshing delight and a restaurant I hope CEBU can retain.    You sir have been invited by the Mgt of LSBB to stop in.. tour the kitchen and  let Mark hear your grievances and offer remedy.   So if you choose to ignore that and continue to spew negative on the place it reflects poorly on you.  Please try to  have a kitchen tour and speak with owners of the other establishments you mention and see if your views remain.    

I will not comment further  or reply  to this thread.     

• Like 1