what kind of tv does your bird like most?

udonthani

what kind of tv shows does your bird like most??  

26 members have voted

1. 1. what kind of tv shows does your bird like most?

• light entertainment/variety/wowowee type shows
    • Filipino movies (i.e. PB0)
    • foreign movies (i.e. HBO)
    • news and current affairs
    • comedies
    • sports
    • she never watches tv
    • other (please specify)

Is this still a thread about TV viewing habits or should we stick with oven discussion now? :scratch_head:

• Like 3
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• udonthani

• rainymike

• broden

• Denis

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't allow my chickens to watch TV.

Is this still a thread about TV viewing habits or should we stick with oven discussion now?

did she at least drop the remote if she came ?   [ or is that something you never found out ? ]

rainymike

I have found that if you yourself play no role at all in what is watched on the tv and just toss them the remote and see what happens, you will get some, although probably admittedly small, insight into what their personalities are like.

Probably true. But both of our tastes have changed a bit over the years. Damn, I will admit to getting hooked on the occasional pinoy or Korean soap as well. And shoot, I even get teary eyed at some of the tear jerker movies that she enjoys (last one was a few year old Korean movie - 200 Pounds Beauty). I'm usually laughing at her when she weeps at a movie. Damn, that time she got me.

udonthani

I liked that Boys Over Flowers for sure. There was a buzz about that show around 2009. People were talking about in shops and the office etc. A bit like Wowowee at its height. It touched the collective Filipino nerve. I had been sceptical before, but ever since that time I have been even more sceptical of the notion that Filipinos dislike Korea and Koreans when it is obvious that they are very interested in not a few aspects of their culture. Music and dance, dress and fashion, drama, etc.

I'm also a bit sceptical when Filipinas suddenly develop this big new interest in western topics. I think you will often find it exactly coincides with their meeting up with a western guy and that they are basically feigning it to please and/or interest them.

ed villas

I dont have to worry about "her"

as she no longer lives in the house, :wave:

althou MY 2 children they do like that "going bullit"?

and typical kiddie shows. the good thing is some of the "cartoons"

are in Tagalog on 1 channel and on other its in english, so its helpful to learn both languages

hookedtothenet

My cockatoo used to love watching cartoons..... ;)  LOL!

thebob

My GF likes Top Gear, or "The three boang", as she calls it. She doesn't understand why they often destroy caravans, and makes comments like… "If they didn't want it we could have that". I think she would like a British style touring Caravan to tow behind the truck. I think enough of my mates think I'm a pikey already.

• Like 1

my wife rarely has the time for tv but she has gotten completely caught up with the "careful with my heart" soap.  fortunately for her it can be downloaded so she watches it on her computer during work breaks at home.  the girl got pregnant so it looks like they intend on keeping the show going for awhile yet.

Borinquen

Science Fiction... Anything in this genre

I'm fortunate in that my bird and I have similar tastes in what's on the tube and movies. Blood and guts don't seem to bother her as it does many other lasses. Netflix is a wonderful thing and I can't imagine living without it. Breaking Bad was hands down the best show ever produced and currently we are in the middle of Dexter - fantastic series. No doubt the American entertainment industry surpasses anything anywhere else by a long shot. There are also some great programs in Asia that we are not exposed to in the US. The problem is they are few and far between, smothered by endless soaps with the same boinking and cheating storylines.   

Edited by Hamm
miles-high

Other (Facebook, PS3) I think "modern" Filipinas use TV to play PS3 or Nintendo/watch FB movies/travel movies and use iPad to watch TV news... :)

Edited by miles-high

I liked that Boys Over Flowers for sure. There was a buzz about that show around 2009. People were talking about in shops and the office etc. A bit like Wowowee at its height. It touched the collective Filipino nerve. I had been sceptical before, but ever since that time I have been even more sceptical of the notion that Filipinos dislike Korea and Koreans when it is obvious that they are very interested in not a few aspects of their culture. Music and dance, dress and fashion, drama, etc.

I'm also a bit sceptical when Filipinas suddenly develop this big new interest in western topics. I think you will often find it exactly coincides with their meeting up with a western guy and that they are basically feigning it to please and/or interest them.

Or they could be Filipinas who have been educated or worked overseas.

Anything with zombies...she makes me laugh

SomeRandomGuy

UFC also... man she loves the girls fights