what kind of tv does your bird like most?

udonthani

what kind of tv shows does your bird like most??  

26 members have voted

1. 1. what kind of tv shows does your bird like most?

• light entertainment/variety/wowowee type shows
    • Filipino movies (i.e. PB0)
    • foreign movies (i.e. HBO)
    • news and current affairs
    • comedies
    • sports
    • she never watches tv
    • other (please specify)

I have found that if you yourself play no role at all in what is watched on the tv and just toss them the remote and see what happens, you will get some, although probably admittedly small, insight into what their personalities are like.

Of course, because all Filipina's must be the same as the hundreds you've 'interviewed' over the years, right?

In our case, my wife is the one who introduced me to some western shows such as 'Dexter' and 'House' after watching some episodes before we met, and she was already into watching 'The Walking Dead' from season 1 in 2010 (We met in '11).Half the western movies we watch she is the one who requests I download them.

But then, she's the furthest from being a typical Pinay I've met, which is why I'm with her.  A couple of my ex's were happy watching Tom and Jerry and some crap Filipino soap.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• udonthani

• Denis

• T.S.

• rfm010

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't allow my chickens to watch TV.

Is this still a thread about TV viewing habits or should we stick with oven discussion now?

did she at least drop the remote if she came ?   [ or is that something you never found out ? ]

I remain rather unconvinced that they are especially interested in western styled entertainment as a rule.

I think they can like it bt not really all that much.

I think they normally prefer pinoy and other Asian fare, and if they do exhibit an interest in the western type stuff it could be because they may be only trying to please us, or go along with what they think we want.

I have found that if you yourself play no role at all in what is watched on the tv and just toss them the remote and see what happens, you will get some, although probably admittedly small, insight into what their personalities are like.

and you j'accuse others.... ha ha ha ha!

SkyMan

My bird gets stuffed and shoved in the oven. I certainly don't sit around watching TV with it. That's sick.

• Like 1

Hmm, That depends, are you asking what my Wife watches, or what the females(helpers) in our house watch ??

A good(??) episode of Wowwowwee, or the Filipino or Korean(subbed) soaps meant I wasnt getting a clean towel in the morning.

A significant corruption item on the news, meant I had to wait for a shag.

Actually Udonthani, I haven't voted but I got to be critical of you here.

'

You have completely missed the option of "she is obsessed with the soap operas"

Most every day Filipinas, whom I have met are obsessed with the way way overly melodramatic soap operas !

I love you, I love her, I love him, we all hate each other, but love him/her, even though were having an affair and he's also having an affair, and she's having an affair and im pregnant with his/her brothers sons daughters child !!

Its not light entertainment, its an obsession !

Its a major part of tv in Phils, how could you miss it Undonthani ??

Edited by smidsy
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

My bird gets stuffed and shoved in the oven. I certainly don't sit around watching TV with it. That's sick.

that will eventually get you your own movie of the week

• Like 2
udonthani

almost nobody has ovens in the Philippines. They are less common, even than washing machines.

almost nobody has ovens in the Philippines. They are less common, even than washing machines.

must be because they are apathetic and just waiting for you to arrive and run a poll to tell them how fortunate they are to have your knob inside them.

udonthani

it is true though. It never occurs to anybody in this country to prepare their food using an oven.

unless there is some idiot kano involved, or they want to try to make some money selling pizza (or both).

Edited by udonthani

I have our AppleTV set up to play almost any TV show from the Philippines, but she mostly watches a mix of different American shows now.

Some 1/2 hour sitcoms like 2 Broke Girls, Raising Hope, Modern Family, Mike & Molly, Trophy Wife.

Some 1 hour serial dramas... Scandal, Nashville, Supernatural, Sleepy Hollow.

One reality show... Survivor.

Rarely she will watch an episode that "Ryzza Mae Show" with the little Filipino girl hosting.

When I first met her I think she watched more Eat Bulaga and I remember some Korean Soap called Jewel in the Palace.

My bird doesn't like transvestites, he prefers other parrots

"bird" is filipino slang for penis.  mine doesn't watch tv.  and i certainly don't stick it in the oven.  well, depends on what you mean by oven.

SomeRandomGuy

I was in robinson's yesterday and two filipino families were buying ovens.

I struck up a conversation with one ( philam dude really nice guy) and he said they were getting it only to heat up lechon.

udonthani

even quite affluent Filipino families seldom seem to have more than a two ring gas cooker, and a rice cooker. And maybe one of those stupid Filipino 'toasters' that also double as mini-ovens to heat up hot dogs and the like. Or lechon, I suppose if need be.

and to be fair, they have a point. Apart from baking (and pizza), the western obsession with roasting things in ovens seems kind of ridiculous. As you see with the way they do lechon manok, it is not necessary to stick a chicken on to a dish and put it in a big oven in order to cook it. Although I do like having an oven and may use one to make casseroles and stews, it is only because I am used to ovens. I know I don't really need one and I can cook it on a stove with the same result.

I don't allow my chickens to watch TV.

Yeah, I thought he was asking about my parrots.  They are mostly disinterested, but sometimes freak during a cooking show demonstrating fowl preparation.

"bird" is filipino slang for penis.  mine doesn't watch tv.  and i certainly don't stick it in the oven.  well, depends on what you mean by oven.

who does NOT love a warm bird ?

• Like 2