what kind of tv does your bird like most?

udonthani

what kind of tv shows does your bird like most??  

26 members have voted

1. 1. what kind of tv shows does your bird like most?

• light entertainment/variety/wowowee type shows
    • Filipino movies (i.e. PB0)
    • foreign movies (i.e. HBO)
    • news and current affairs
    • comedies
    • sports
    • she never watches tv
    • other (please specify)

udonthani

seemed to me before they usually liked the wowowee type shows most but now it seems the Filipino movies seem to get clicked on the most.

I knew only one girl that watched sports. She was nuts about basketball and always used to watch it.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• udonthani

• rfm010

• SomeRandomGuy

• Siuk

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't allow my chickens to watch TV.

Is this still a thread about TV viewing habits or should we stick with oven discussion now?

did she at least drop the remote if she came ?   [ or is that something you never found out ? ]

Davaoeno

She was nuts about basketball and always used to watch it.

did she at least drop the remote if she came ?   [ or is that something you never found out ? ]

• Like 2

You mean they are changing? No more variety shows are played in the Philippines, Whippy?

jtmwatchbiz

altho there is usually a couple of TVs on in our house at any given time, my wife and i aren't big viewers. when we do watch, it's usually some kind of documentary or American movies. bird wise, my kid's 2 parakeets seem to enjoy angry bird cartoons.

• Like 1

Neither of us watch normal tv, I download everything we watch.   She likes mostly the same type of shows as I do; Walking dead, Breaking Bad, Dexter, The Pacific, Band of Brothers, etc.  Mostly like the same type of movies also, except I don't like romantic bollocks.    I got to watch all seasons of The Sopranos on my own since she wasn't interested.  Blissful silence, no screaming or comments during watching.

• Like 2
BossHog

In all the time I've known my wife I've never seen her once watch a Pinoy tv show or movie. Just not interested, I guess. But we don't watch much tv anyways. Less than 4-5 hours a month including movies. Too busy/tired.

Deadwood was popular because she spent some time selling Cokes and chocolates to gold miners in a mining site in Mindanao when she was eight or nine. Says it was "just like that".

She's been trying to get through Season 1 of Magnum PI for the past year but always falls asleep in the first few minutes. The new Hawaii 5-0 was kind of popular for a few episodes. She and the kids like Blue Bloods.

Some kind of Hawaii/Tom Selleck fixation going on.

• Like 1
RogerDuMond

I don't allow my chickens to watch TV.

• Like 4
Britishandproud

When I was round my girls grans house. (Grans birthday) they were watching a program called "don't mess with my heart" or something like that. They were glued to it and when the man said to one of the women "I love you" they all erupted lol screaming, shouting, happy etc

It was like they thought it was real life lol. I don't watch tv programs. Unless I'm in a room when the tv is being watched by mum or siblings.

Only thing I watch is movies.

CebuKano

We don't watch much commercial/network tv either. My wife really enjoys most programs I download/stream from internet sources, from US programs to the BBC. We pretty much have the same likes and dislikes when it comes to entertainment. I'm lucky to have a wife that understands English better than I do :D

udonthani

You forgot anime/cartoons

true. Quite a lot like them.

very few seem to be interested in news/current affairs like me, unless it is sensationalist in some way like some National Geographic garbage masquerading as something informative. I can only think of one, that would sometimes watch CNN and BBC.

this topic only means anything if it is what they watch IF LEFT TO THEIR OWN DEVICES. What you like to watch together may very well not be the same thing as what she wants to watch herself.

rainymike

It's a mixed bag.

The day usually starts out with the morning news. I implemented that more for the kids, to get them used to the news. After the hurricane and earthquakes and scandals and increase in price of electricity, my partner now enjoys the news as well. The kids are still to young to know what's going on, but its the culture of the house now.

The only pinoy show she really enjoys is "Be Careful With my Heart." But now that they're married and doing the wild thing in the sack, I think that show is about to end. Other than that Korean soaps are also popular with her. When it comes to movies, she likes a good emotional story whether it be horror or comedy.

• Like 1
Half Baked

With a toddler, our set stays on Disney Jr. Hell, I've even come to like the kiddie show High 5.

But anyway, sometimes I'll stumble downstairs before hitting the hay and see all the girls, (wife, daughter, 2 helpers) glued to some Pinoy drama. I always just shake my head and do whatever it is I'm doing downstairs. I feel like comic-relief... they all get a kick out of me making fun of their show.

Before we got to Cebu from the states, my wife liked to watch action adventure movies. And the typical romantic comedies. 

udonthani
Korean soaps are also popular with her.

soaps, especially Korean ones were probably worth their own category in the poll, they are really a seperate genre. Back in 2009 that Boys Over Flowers, although it wasn't really Korean in that it was an adapation of a Japanese original, in particular was a huge hit, my friend would drop everything to get back to watch that at 9pm each night. I remain rather unconvinced that they are especially interested in western styled entertainment as a rule. I think they can like it bt not really all that much. I think they normally prefer pinoy and other Asian fare, and if they do exhibit an interest in the western type stuff it could be because they may be only trying to please us, or go along with what they think we want.

I have found that if you yourself play no role at all in what is watched on the tv and just toss them the remote and see what happens, you will get some, although probably admittedly small, insight into what their personalities are like.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

monk matlock real life crime dramas csi stuff and all the real murder stuff on the discovery type channels that are kinda like csi stuff

other than that big bang theory is a favorite duck dynasty as i've mentioned before elsewhere.. old bbc show called allo allo .. any version of whose line is it anyway. 

walking dead and a few other things..