Will new home prices ever go up in value?

Davaoeno

Notary Fee 5.00% - 10.00% buyer

I have never heard of anyone paying more than 1.5 %.  The last house I sold i shopped  around until i got an attorney to do it for .5%

also it wd be very unusual for the seller to pay the stamp tax

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enuff

• Contango

• cebulover2000

• Davaoeno

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I dunno. Sounds like a decent sized bathroom to me.

Lots of people will buy them from you .  Why ? because of the low price .  It is much easier to sell 15   700K houses than one 12 M house .  [ just ask Smokey or me for details ]   Here price is muc

the problem with anyhting you are trying to sell here is financing. I sold a house here and it was only possible because I was willing to finance over 5 years (with lawyer arrangement mortgage, title

Philippines

How high are realtors’ and lawyers’ fees in the Philippines? What about other property purchase costs?

TRANSACTION COSTS     Who Pays? Notary Fee 5.00% - 10.00% buyer Local Transfer Tax 0.75% buyer Deed of Sale 0.225% - 0.50% buyer Capital Gains Tax 6.00% seller Real Estate Agent´s Fee 3.00% - 5.00% seller Document Stamp Tax 1.50% seller Costs paid by buyer 1.975% - 4.25% Costs paid by seller 10.50% - 12.50% ROUNDTRIP TRANSACTION COSTS 12.475% - 16.75% See Footnotes

Source: Global Property Guide

on a p700k house that's only p14k to p30k............... well within reason.

on a p700k house that's only p14k to p30k............... well within reason.

My house is 15 minutes by boat from ubay. 79 sq meters including porch. One bedroom, vaulted ceilings, insulation, 2 large windows, triple screened, built in 12 foot cabinet 8 feet high, high bed that can lay on and feel the hiyahi (wind). No kids. Kitchen has 12 foot cabinets. 15 overhead lights in house, 6 outside. Overhead fan in bedroom and living room. Air con in bedroom, portable in living room. Colored tile looking roof, 1.5 meter overhang roof to keep sun off sides. 3 windows in living room/kitchen area. One large one. Screens are triple screened, outside layer against big pests. 660 leter tank on 20 feet tower in back. All for one million. Contractor lived here but worked cebu, very good quality house, but....for sure never can sell. But who would want to. Married to my wife for 17 years, an angel.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

Screens are triple screened, outside layer against big pests.

Never heard of such being in use anywhere?  You must living in  a bit of a jungle out there with not so friendly neighbours?  

Headshot

Never heard of such being in use anywhere?  You must living in  a bit of a jungle out there with not so friendly neighbours?  

Banacon, I'd like to know more about this "triple screening" myself. I've never heard of anything like this before. Are the three layers different mesh sizes? Are they each individually framed? What kind of "big pests" are you talking about? I didn't realize that Bohol even had "big pests" except maybe a few NPA (which your screens probably wouldn't keep out if they really wanted in).  

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

28 to 33sqm on a 40 sqm block is very small..my NCR condo is 55sqm and small..i decided when i was house/condo hunting last year that 32sqm was the absolute minimum size that was needed, and that 32sqm with only 1 bedroom would be only marginally comfortable. still 720K is a great price, big picture very affordable and affordability is very important...i basically used a combination of wages, cash, asset sales (shares) and 2 credit cards to pay for my condo.

Lemme guess.... Asia Enclaves? Am I warm? 

Edited by Monsoon

Lemme guess.... Asia Enclaves? Am I warm? 

Close, just up and over the road (SLEX) a little further....Asia Enclaves felt a little claustrophobic to me, there all sota squeezed in there...besides i liked the idea of living within easy walking distance to the SM Hypermart and easy trike distance to Sucat train station.

• Like 1
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Close, just up and over the road (SLEX) a little further....Asia Enclaves felt a little claustrophobic to me, there all sota squeezed in there...besides i liked the idea of living within easy walking distance to the SM Hypermart and easy trike distance to Sucat train station.

I have looked at all of them. I forget the name of the one just north of Enclaves, same side, but they were pre selling them for 900k. I was tempted to buy one as an investment / storage shed / bunk house for when the wife starts sharpening her bolo. 

Prices on this end of town (along with traffic) have skyrocketed. The house I used to live in in Alabang hills and pay 60k a month for they are renting for 120k, the shit hole condo I am renting now is for sale for 3mil and gets 30k a month rents. Same condo layout in Paranaque would cost 18k. When I first moved down here you could go along Zapote road almost any time of day without concern for any traffic. That was only about 3 years ago. Now its a nightmare. Supposedly when the new road opens that links the SLEX with Daang Hari it is going to alleviate a lot of congestion. I will believe it when I see it, but if it doesn't I'm going to have to start thinking about other options on where to live. 

The positives are traffic enforcers don't screw with you, no coding, good restos and expat hang outs. Nice population of professional Filipinos / expats to socialize with.  Oh and all of the golf courses as well. 

Its mainly all the big companies like Shell and their subcontractors bringing in loads of expats driving up the prices on rentals. 

If I could get close to what I paid for my place in the Fort I would sell it tomorrow. I'm finished with PI real estate. At least city stuff. I would consider a chunk of land in the province for a hobby farm. No more condos, no more houses for me here. 

Edited by Monsoon

Banacon, I'd like to know more about this "triple screening" myself. I've never heard of anything like this before. Are the three layers different mesh sizes? Are they each individually framed? What kind of "big pests" are you talking about? I didn't realize that Bohol even had "big pests" except maybe a few NPA (which your screens probably wouldn't keep out if they really wanted in).

Outer layer of screen is large screen to keep out intruders. Screens cost total 56,000. Six of them, including small one in cr. Screens in lnclude tinted wjndows. I seen the installer grab hold of the outer screen to pull himself up. Its an alternate to having bars. I asked the installer to make me a front screen door now, made same way. I did not really want screen door on front, but lots of easterly winds lately. Now if i can just fix my deep well. Currently am pumping water by handpump from shallow well next to deep well to the tank. Water looks good.

Outer layer of screen is large screen to keep out intruders. Screens cost total 56,000. Six of them, including small one in cr. Screens in lnclude tinted wjndows. I seen the installer grab hold of the outer screen to pull himself up. Its an alternate to having bars. I asked the installer to make me a front screen door now, made same way. I did not really want screen door on front, but lots of easterly winds lately. Now if i can just fix my deep well. Currently am pumping water by handpump from shallow well next to deep well to the tank. Water looks good.

I would love to see pics of ur house & screens. . . . . . If you wouldn't mind. Sounds very nice.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

ellenbrook2001

soon or later the PHILIPPINE bubble will burst specially if the US $ goes up then after a bad earthquake i cannot see the value goes up yes the material will goes up but not to reflect how the price of house will go up..if you have to much money then invest in your own country you will be better off.

I have looked at all of them. I forget the name of the one just north of Enclaves, same side, but they were pre selling them for 900k. I was tempted to buy one as an investment / storage shed / bunk house for when the wife starts sharpening her bolo. 

Prices on this end of town (along with traffic) have skyrocketed. The house I used to live in in Alabang hills and pay 60k a month for they are renting for 120k, the shit hole condo I am renting now is for sale for 3mil and gets 30k a month rents. Same condo layout in Paranaque would cost 18k. When I first moved down here you could go along Zapote road almost any time of day without concern for any traffic. That was only about 3 years ago. Now its a nightmare.

Solano Hills, just up the road, on the same side and starting price was around 900K, they had a very basic fit out from memory also on the small side at around 32sqm and didn't  included tiling, still a great location i though as arguably its easier to access Alabang town centre etc from west service road? and the project didn't front SLEX so a little easier on the eye and ear...great price to at under 1 mill.

As for Zapote Road...yep its a nightmare, last trip i was taking a jeepnee to Southmall (first time) and after 12 minutes we had only got as far as Alabang Town Centre, across from that Savemore...that was enough for me so i bailed, fumes and the heat.

Edited by Contango