One needs to go with the flow in this place

smokey

well might take a while for a guy to learn to ride a cheap bike with his wife and 2 children i know it can be done but well not happening .... i found a cheap car rental 20 a month but that was more then they wanted to spend as to the electric , phone and internet ,,, well guess he could complain to Smart , Veco , and Globe that should help ... ha ha h

..... A car rental for 20 a month? (20 what?) Does that include the tires and the engine? LOL!!!
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• Sonny

• tomaw

• Wolfpack

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If they are first timers, you would think that once they got together with their girl, they would want to do nothing BUT stay in the apartment. 

Lets see i am here 2,1/2 months and its been a peach earthquake, typhoon , no internet ,, no phone , no electric and now my renter has moved great month .... For now on i will not let anyone move in u

i understand all too well how stuff happens and really its much better to help out the people then take their money ... bill is a great guy and i understand his frustration and the cost have really gr

rainymike

there you go messing up the idea that its cheaper to live here now you could buy a way overpriced used car and spend the first month dealing with the paperwork but when your only visiting for a few months thats not a good idea ,,, renting a car is fine but then your talking at least 40,000 peso a month , i think the planning is the fun part once reality hits then its trying to make it thru the day 

I feel quite comfortable living without a car or truck. Taxis, jeepneys, tricycads and my feet get me pretty much anywhere I need to go. And Davao City is much bigger geographically than Cebu. My transportation cost is far less than 40,000 peso.

smokey

Better a noisy generator than having to climb a thousand steps everyday  !!!  :cool:

well maybe if more people climbed the steps instead of using the elevator they would not need to buy pants in the xxxxxxxxxxxL  sizes 

• Like 2
smokey

I feel quite comfortable living without a car or truck. Taxis, jeepneys, tricycads and my feet get me pretty much anywhere I need to go. And Davao City is much bigger geographically than Cebu. My transportation cost is far less than 40,000 peso.

well thats you and you are you , ,,,,  and you know the bob so you can get a discount on oxygen and a mask 

..... A car rental for 20 a month? (20 what?) Does that include the tires and the engine? LOL!!!

maybe even 18,000 peso a month its a honda fit or jaz one of them surplus units and i know a guy who rents bikes for under 300 a day but only in talisay i try to know this stuff for the renters but i sure am not going to buy a bike and put it in my name and let anyone use it 

• Like 1

well thats you and you are you , ,,,, and you know the bob so you can get a discount on oxygen and a mask

maybe even 18,000 peso a month its a honda fit or jaz one of them surplus units and i know a guy who rents bikes for under 300 a day but only in talisay i try to know this stuff for the renters but i sure am not going to buy a bike and put it in my name and let anyone use it

...... Sounds good but it'll be a couple of more years yet before I'm ready to do anything.
Wolfpack

Lets see i am here 2,1/2 months and its been a peach earthquake, typhoon , no internet ,, no phone , no electric and now my renter has moved great month .... For now on i will not let anyone move in unless they have a car or bike , many come here and find two things can mess up your stay.. not expecting things to cost so much , and not having wheels to go when you want... I know there are taxi but often they just dont seem to be there when you want them to be there ,, or their car stinks or its a wobbly wreck on wheels ,, or the driver thinks he is driving a formula race car , Oh well another day in paradise ...

yes, it has been a rough period here in Cebu...no doubt...

that hill leading to your house is a biautch to say the very least...when I first heard about the hill...I shrugged it off, cause I do a lot of walking here in Cebu...figured people were exagerrating when discussing that hill...after experiencing that hill first hand, I have to say...a peson really needs a motor bike or a car to stay there...and I dod not recommend newbie's rent a car or motor bike in their opening hours/days in the Philippines...that brings on a whole new world of problems people do not need to experience when first arriving in Cebu...

not all taxi's can even make it up that hill...or will negotiate a premium to take you up that hill if they can...

when it comes to leaving the place, guards cant flag you a taxi at night because they cant leave their post and only one guard is on duty at night...

the other issue with the "studio" apartment...is ones ability to eat there...it is not set up for cooking...if places will deliver there, would be a good idea to give your renter phone numbers and a menu of places that do...

just to tell you a few things to work on, if thinking about renting it out to newbies again...

this is not a bust on you or your apartment in anyway, just some personal, first hand experiences...to share with you...to help...

• Like 1
passingby

What am I missing?  "Lets see i am here 2,1/2 months and its been a peach earthquake, typhoon , no internet ,, no phone , no electric and now my renter has moved great month .... For now on i will not let anyone move in unless they have a car or bike , many come here and find two things can mess up your stay.. not expecting things to cost so much , and not having wheels to go when you want"

Yes we do have problems here BUT people who have done their research OR have lived in Asia a long time adapt well. I know nothing of the location and unit but Blueridge seems to have a LOT of good comments.  Someone commented on a rental being at the top of a hill or something BUT did the person who moved into this location and set up a rental unit do his research as to how many people without transportation would want to live there?  Perhaps the initial property purchase was not in the best location for all situations.  Likewise with a studio "the other issue with the "studio" apartment...is ones ability to eat there...it is not set up for cooking...if places will deliver there, would be a good idea to give your renter phone numbers and a menu of places that do..." A studio can be set up with a small gas stove and refrigerator easy and most people like to cook a little.

I live near the Fuente area and have a rental unit and never have a problem keeping it rented due to location, ease of transportation and can cook. 

So again I guess it is too early but I am really missing something - the complaint seems to be the weather and earthquake and a renter moving out - OK such is life here.  But in the rental contract is there a clause that if the contract is broken the security deposit is not returned or the one month advance rental?  Let them move - so what - you have the month deposit.  When I got my places it was with intent to be centrally located so I would NOT need a car, have power and internet restored quickly in case it goes down due to the central location, set up with minimum amenities for a short / long term rental, and have resale value because of central location. 

So I feel a little stupid - what am I missing about this complaint?

• Like 2

Robert, charge two months rental deposit and a contract. If they break the contract, like passingby stated, they can move, but will forfeit their deposit.

• Like 1

everyone says no problem till they see reality ... he is leaving early to go back home to the usa and says next time will try viet nam or thailand etc..

wife and two children 9 and 11 i think so its taxi every where they go he said ..... wow its sure a lot more then i remember when i was here 7 years ago 

Hey Smoke-You know-it has nothing to do with the cost of the taxi-it's that they all whine,curse and scam when we tell them they have to climb the mountain.It sucks when everywhere you go by taxi,we'd have to interview the cab driver to see if-first he may burn out his engine,second get pissed off because of the climb or distance from the city.Cebu to us represents one thing and one thing only-a solid traffic jam from about naga to consolacion or even farther north with all the toxic smoke you think you can handle and it's just one big friggin Mall-Maul.We live in Mindanao for many years and is 1000000000% better then cebu.Cebu is a big friggin bore.If your not inot life-cebu is the perfect place to live out your life at the Mall.

Just remember how cold it is back home right now..

And...................You live on the couch or at the mall....................................WOW pastilan

• Like 1
smokey

yes, it has been a rough period here in Cebu...no doubt...

that hill leading to your house is a biautch to say the very least...when I first heard about the hill...I shrugged it off, cause I do a lot of walking here in Cebu...figured people were exagerrating when discussing that hill...after experiencing that hill first hand, I have to say...a peson really needs a motor bike or a car to stay there...and I dod not recommend newbie's rent a car or motor bike in their opening hours/days in the Philippines...that brings on a whole new world of problems people do not need to experience when first arriving in Cebu...

not all taxi's can even make it up that hill...or will negotiate a premium to take you up that hill if they can...

when it comes to leaving the place, guards cant flag you a taxi at night because they cant leave their post and only one guard is on duty at night...

the other issue with the "studio" apartment...is ones ability to eat there...it is not set up for cooking...if places will deliver there, would be a good idea to give your renter phone numbers and a menu of places that do...

just to tell you a few things to work on, if thinking about renting it out to newbies again...

this is not a bust on you or your apartment in anyway, just some personal, first hand experiences...to share with you...to help...

not renting my man cave anymore 

smokey

Robert, charge two months rental deposit and a contract. If they break the contract, like passingby stated, they can move, but will forfeit their deposit.

i understand all too well how stuff happens and really its much better to help out the people then take their money ... bill is a great guy and i understand his frustration and the cost have really grown from the old 55 to the dollar days... this place cost the same as living in the usa where they are from so i understand they did not enjoy spending their money just to come here to go to the mall and hang out... 

• Like 4
Wolfpack

not renting my man cave anymore 

yeah, best choice of all...I can see renting the lower room out...but that movie room looks way to personalized to rent out...

btw, if you ever decide to rid yourself of that recliner, I could sure use one : )

smokey

What am I missing?  "Lets see i am here 2,1/2 months and its been a peach earthquake, typhoon , no internet ,, no phone , no electric and now my renter has moved great month .... For now on i will not let anyone move in unless they have a car or bike , many come here and find two things can mess up your stay.. not expecting things to cost so much , and not having wheels to go when you want"

Yes we do have problems here BUT people who have done their research OR have lived in Asia a long time adapt well. I know nothing of the location and unit but Blueridge seems to have a LOT of good comments.  Someone commented on a rental being at the top of a hill or something BUT did the person who moved into this location and set up a rental unit do his research as to how many people without transportation would want to live there?  Perhaps the initial property purchase was not in the best location for all situations.  Likewise with a studio "the other issue with the "studio" apartment...is ones ability to eat there...it is not set up for cooking...if places will deliver there, would be a good idea to give your renter phone numbers and a menu of places that do..." A studio can be set up with a small gas stove and refrigerator easy and most people like to cook a little.

I live near the Fuente area and have a rental unit and never have a problem keeping it rented due to location, ease of transportation and can cook. 

So again I guess it is too early but I am really missing something - the complaint seems to be the weather and earthquake and a renter moving out - OK such is life here.  But in the rental contract is there a clause that if the contract is broken the security deposit is not returned or the one month advance rental?  Let them move - so what - you have the month deposit.  When I got my places it was with intent to be centrally located so I would NOT need a car, have power and internet restored quickly in case it goes down due to the central location, set up with minimum amenities for a short / long term rental, and have resale value because of central location. 

So I feel a little stupid - what am I missing about this complaint?

well it does have a ref. and a micro wave and i sure dont want any cooking inside my media room so i will not rent that unit out any more... personal stock... as to the utilities well even living in the center of cebu was not a good thing for internet and power ... sure there is a hill and thats why there is a view and quiet,, and large pool and basket ball court and tennis so i guess there are some pluses oh and no roosters or bars next door 

Edited by smokey
  • Like 1

well maybe if more people climbed the steps instead of using the elevator they would not need to buy pants in the xxxxxxxxxxxL  sizes 

Didn't seem to have helped Paul very much.  :cool: