Sign in to follow this  
smokey

One needs to go with the flow in this place

smokey

Lets see i am here 2,1/2 months and its been a peach earthquake, typhoon , no internet ,, no phone , no electric and now my renter has moved great month .... For now on i will not let anyone move in unless they have a car or bike , many come here and find two things can mess up your stay.. not expecting things to cost so much , and not having wheels to go when you want... I know there are taxi but often they just dont seem to be there when you want them to be there ,, or their car stinks or its a wobbly wreck on wheels ,, or the driver thinks he is driving a formula race car , Oh well another day in paradise ...

• Like 4

Alfred E. Neuman

Wasn't your new tenant a member of this site? I thought he already knew the pros and cons...

Paul

If they are first timers, you would think that once they got together with their girl, they would want to do nothing BUT stay in the apartment. 

• Like 6

cheesemiz

idea-= supply a cheap bike with your rental.

• Like 2

mactanfamily

Not at the great price he was charging....

Runian

:popcorn:

• Like 1

Sonny

Not at the great price he was charging....

Better be DAMN cheap without electric, phone, or internet. :biggrin_01:  

• Like 1

thebob

And a noisy generator.

smokey

Wasn't your new tenant a member of this site? I thought he already knew the pros and cons...

everyone says no problem till they see reality ... he is leaving early to go back home to the usa and says next time will try viet nam or thailand etc..

If they are first timers, you would think that once they got together with their girl, they would want to do nothing BUT stay in the apartment. 

wife and two children 9 and 11 i think so its taxi every where they go he said ..... wow its sure a lot more then i remember when i was here 7 years ago 

smokey

i thought that was part of the charm of living here a cultural thing guess he was not ready to experience the daily brown outs , which lead to the rest of the problems , his wife was the one who did not like it as much as living in her house in the us , and did not like the way the prices have climbed 

smokey

well might take a while for a guy to learn to ride a cheap bike with his wife and 2 children i know it can be done but well not happening .... i found a cheap car rental 20 a month but that was more then they wanted to spend as to the electric , phone and internet ,,, well guess he could complain to Smart , Veco , and Globe that should help ... ha ha h

smokey

And a noisy generator.

oh yes the nerve of the guy to come here and expect electric , internet and phone ,  Well at least noisy generator means light, i should of just giving him a few candles 

• Like 1

tomaw

Lets see i am here 2,1/2 months and its been a peach earthquake, typhoon , no internet ,, no phone , no electric and now my renter has moved great month .... For now on i will not let anyone move in unless they have a car or bike , many come here and find two things can mess up your stay.. not expecting things to cost so much , and not having wheels to go when you want... I know there are taxi but often they just dont seem to be there when you want them to be there ,, or their car stinks or its a wobbly wreck on wheels ,, or the driver thinks he is driving a formula race car , Oh well another day in paradise ...

..... I know Cebu isn't Los Angeles but its not New York City either. Wouldn't one need a car before looking for an apartment?

smokey

..... I know Cebu isn't Los Angeles but its not New York City either. Wouldn't one need a car before looking for an apartment?

there you go messing up the idea that its cheaper to live here now you could buy a way overpriced used car and spend the first month dealing with the paperwork but when your only visiting for a few months thats not a good idea ,,, renting a car is fine but then your talking at least 40,000 peso a month , i think the planning is the fun part once reality hits then its trying to make it thru the day 

• Like 1

Sonny

And a noisy generator.

Better a noisy generator than having to climb a thousand steps everyday  !!!  :cool:

• Like 1