Sign in to follow this  
dustybookend

looking for boat ramps

dustybookend

I noticed that thare is a topic 'Looking for a boat trailer' under this list which prompts my question.

In the places I have visited - mainly PP and Subic there appear to be few if any boat ramps available to the public.

In Thailand the only places with ramps are those serving tourist areas with Jet Skis and/or off the beach tour boats.

GE is quite good for spotting the underwater shadow at ramps but quite tedious unless one knows the approximate location.

So, does anyone know of any ramps with road access in the Philippines?

SkyMan

They're there if you look for them but you might have more success asking about a particular location.

Majorsco

We have one boat ramp in Dapitan city. I've only seen it used once.

tim1967

any boat ramps in bohol or panglao

• Like 1

mactanfamily

Steve Brown has one at his resto/apartment Marlin bar up in Liloan just south of the little bridge and inlet.

Ed Porter has a very large ramp and railway at porters marina further south of the lighthouse across from Magellan bay.

There used to be one at Kon TIki dive Resort out past the Korean resort in Maribago.

There is on at the Cebu Yacht club across from marina mall and Magellans Pub.

Scotty from the Shang ra la Dive operation also has one on some property he rents to a korean dive operation. In the past he used to still let you use the boat ramp for a small fee and even store your boat there. We used to know it as "the air park" from when he used to fly ultralight seaplanes out of a hangar there. Its at the end of the old bridge road behind Plantation bay.

Canuck Joe

nice one in Cordova, see long pier facing Bohol on Google maps

Headshot

I think if you find a public pier pretty much anywhere, you also have a good chance that there will be a ramp next to it. Use Google Maps to find the piers, and then zoom in to see if there is a ramp next to it.

Majorsco

I think if you find a public pier pretty much anywhere, you also have a good chance that there will be a ramp next to it. Use Google Maps to find the piers, and then zoom in to see if there is a ramp next to it.

Not necessarily true. We have a few piers here in Dapitan and Dipolog and not a ramp anywhere near them. The ramp in Dapitan is in the middle of a restaurant complex about 5k away from the nearest pier.

• Like 1

Nangulo

There's one in Talisay, Cebu, accessible from the SRP.

dustybookend

nice one in Cordova, see long pier facing Bohol on Google maps

Thanks. The pier is easy to find but I can't see a ramp on GM. On the pier?

dustybookend

Steve Brown has one at his resto/apartment Marlin bar up in Liloan just south of the little bridge and inlet.

Just East & South of the bridge looks like a ship slip. Is there another?

Ed Porter has a very large ramp and railway at porters marina further south of the lighthouse across from Magellan bay.

Thanks, found it.

There used to be one at Kon TIki dive Resort out past the Korean resort in Maribago.

I Can't find it with GM or GE.

There is on at the Cebu Yacht club across from marina mall and Magellans Pub.

Thanks, found it.

Scotty from the Shang ra la Dive operation also has one on some property he rents to a korean dive operation. In the past he used to still let you use the boat ramp for a small fee and even store your boat there. We used to know it as "the air park" from when he used to fly ultralight seaplanes out of a hangar there. Its at the end of the old bridge road behind Plantation bay.

I Can't find it with GM or GE.

Those two are a pretty good start though:)

dustybookend

Not necessarily true. We have a few piers here in Dapitan and Dipolog and not a ramp anywhere near them. The ramp in Dapitan is in the middle of a restaurant complex about 5k away from the nearest pier.

Thanks but I still can't find it with GE or GM.

Looks like a laid back region though.

• Like 1

dustybookend

There's one in Talisay, Cebu, accessible from the SRP.

Do you mean on the bend next to the Shell gas station along the South Coastal Rd about 3km down from the SRP?

It looks like it might be a Ro-Ro ramp on GE.