Philippine Passport Renewal

Is it possible to replace a Philippine passport before expiration date?

BestGirl, as a long time person on online forums, please allow me to offer some advice. If you go to start a new topic, rather than posting in an older topic, you will receive a lot more "views", thereby increasing the chances of someone being able to assist you much fast. That's why I split this into a topic of its own, for you.

Being the forum owner, trust me when I say, feel free to start as many topics as you may have questions about. :)

Edited by Paul
Nangulo

Is it possible to replace a Philippine passport before expiration date?

Do you mean replace, as in a lost or stolen passport?  Yes

Or do you mean renew a passport that will expire in the near/far future?  Yes

How do I know?  The DFA website.

The topic is about Phil Passport renewal right? So I posted here........................

Davaoeno

The topic is about Phil Passport renewal right? So I posted here........................

You did post in the right topic. But what Paul is trying to tell you is that if you start your own new thread in that topic your post will be more visible to others- and thus you will have a better chance of getting an answer .

Look at the top right and you will see the START NEW TOPIC  button [ for future reference]

Exactly. You posted it as a reply in an existing thread. New topics, generally speaking, are viewed more than aged topics. So, you have a better chance at more people seeing it who can help answer your questions. :)

miles-high

OK ok. I just wanted my posts to reach 30 to be a full member. Didn't know I could start a new topic.

Do you mean replace, as in a lost or stolen passport?  Yes

Or do you mean renew a passport that will expire in the near/far future?  Yes

How do I know?  The DFA website.

Replace as in replace because my boyfriend wanted to. Expiration date is in 2 years.

Davaoeno

OK ok. I just wanted my posts to reach 30 to be a full member. Didn't know I could start a new topic.

Replace as in replace because my boyfriend wanted to. Expiration date is in 2 years.

So, if I understand you correctly, your passport doesnt expire for 2 more years but you want to get a new one now ? [ supposedly so you will be able to travel for a longer time without worrying about it expiring ?? ]

It is my bf who wanted it, not me. I don't like standing in line for a whole day to replace the passport, but yes so I can travel for a longer time.

I just wanted my posts to reach 30 to be a full member.

Looks like you made it.

Didn't know I could start a new topic.

Yep, you can. :) 

-----------------

I disagree with Miles on something. There are many knowledgeable members on this site. I have seen some prove official websites wrong. So, don't necessarily discount the knowledge of your fellow board members. 

• Like 1

I can't think of any reason why anyone would want to renew a passport that has two more years of validity remaining except the following:

1. you're planning on being out of the Philippines for more than 18 months (and you won't be near an embassy or consulate or won't have all the supporting papers with you)
  2. you're planning on applying for a visa to a country that requires greater than 2 years validity (the longest I have seen is 18 months for a work visa for Indonesia - so I suppose a 2+ year requirement is possible)

I have two passports - Canadian valid for 5 years and UK valid for 10 years. It irks me that most places, Philippines included, require that whichever passport I use has at least 6 months validity because that makes them 4.5 and 9.5 year passports. It is not cheap to renew passports. Renewing my UK one in Canada is very expensive and fairly time consuming and requires registered mail etc. Renewing my Canadian one is cheaper and quicker, but it still needs a trip to a government office (always a joy!). 

Renewing my partner's passport involves several hours of travelling and an overnight stay (typically in Legaspi) in addition to the bureaucratic hassles. I'm not sure I would put her through all that fuss and expense unnecessarily!