Philippines Scam/Scammers Investigator Ad in LinC forums

Half Baked

I just saw an ad on the forum about a Philippines Scam/Scammers Investigation business.

I did not look into the ad, but I can pretty safely say that there is a clause of some sort stating that "any investigation cannot be 100% accurate...." protecting the company from any legal matters if an investigation turns out to be wrong.

I have a question: what is keeping this business that investigates scams from being the scammers?  Take your money, say the investigation found positive/negative for fraud, (oh, it was/wasn't? so sorry).

Maybe there is something I'm not understanding. Its a great service, in theory. Maybe I'm just too cynical.

What business ad are you talking about? 

Please bear in mind, the Google Ads, if that is what you are talking about, are blocked from my view, to prevent me from accidentally clicking them. 

So, please be more specific. Post a URL to the business in question, please.

Thanks,

• Administrator
Salty Dog

Please bear in mind, the Google Ads, if that is what you are talking about, are blocked from my view, to prevent me from accidentally clicking them. 

Thanks,

We have a member that has such a service, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to mention his name here.

We have a member that has such a service, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to mention his name here.

Pointman Cebu has been around longer than this site. My ex- and I ran it until we split. Later, Larry (shadow) and his wife took it over, and continue running it today.

But, something tells me that isn't who he is talking about.

• Administrator
Salty Dog

Pointman Cebu has been around longer than this site. My ex- and I ran it until we split. Later, Larry (shadow) and his wife took it over, and continue running it today.

But, something tells me that isn't who he is talking about.

Yea I was talking about Larry.

Half Baked

Thanks,

If I see it again, Paul, I'll let you know.

udonthani

If I see it again, I'll let you know.

if you do have trouble finding it again I'm sure some other gumshoe could be persuaded to try and find it for you on your behalf, for a consideration.

• Like 7
jtmwatchbiz

it's the big ad usually found at the top of the page with the jason statham wanna-be looking guy :) 

shadow

I just saw an ad on the forum about a Philippines Scam/Scammers Investigation business.

I did not look into the ad, but I can pretty safely say that there is a clause of some sort stating that "any investigation cannot be 100% accurate...." protecting the company from any legal matters if an investigation turns out to be wrong.

I have a question: what is keeping this business that investigates scams from being the scammers?  Take your money, say the investigation found positive/negative for fraud, (oh, it was/wasn't? so sorry).

Maybe there is something I'm not understanding. Its a great service, in theory. Maybe I'm just too cynical.

Well, if you go to some sites where investigators bid for jobs, you will find more scammers there than you will investigators. There are many stories of Filipino investigators giving false reports to the client in return for some of the booty, so your question is legit. I would say hire someone known and of repute who has been in the business for a while, and have him/her check out any potential investigators you may wish to hire.

;) 

• Like 9
Half Baked

it's the big ad usually found at the top of the page with the jason statham wanna-be looking guy :)

Yea, I think that's the one. I had to look up who that jason statom guy is and what he looked like.

I've only seen that ad once. Hasn't popped back up, yet.

jtmwatchbiz

Yea, I think that's the one. I had to look up who that jason statom guy is and what he looked like.

I've only seen that ad once. Hasn't popped back up, yet.

i see it all the time but of course the only important banner is the watch buyer's as he is much better looking.   

• Like 2
Half Baked

i see it all the time but of course the only important banner is the watch buyer's as he is much better looking.   

Hang around, watchman. My wife keeps spending money like water, I may have a deal for you yet! :/

• Like 1
mactanfamily

what is keeping this business that investigates scams from being the scammers?

Reputation and word of mouth.

• Like 1
jtmwatchbiz

in all fairness the business in this topic is probably perfectly legit as well as larry's pointman. like mactanfamily pointed out, if anyone i know needs that type of service i suggest larry of "Pointman" as i know him and his wife and i can personally vouch for their integrity. that's not to say someone else may not do the same for the business mentioned in the OP, so no sense singling them out. better to poke fun at that watch buyer as he rightfully deserves it. :)

• Like 4
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

I never saw the ad, but the only other 'agency' doing this type of work I have heard of was somewhere up in Angeles City. You would think there would be more of this here. 

better to poke fun at that watch buyer as he rightfully deserves it. :)

I'll say. Offering me 200 pesos 'out of sympathy' for my Pièce de résistance.

post-2454-0-68857900-1386153949_thumb.jpg

• Like 1