Chevy Trailblazer

streak03

streak03

I'm thinking about swapping out my D-Max for a Chevrolet Trailblazer.  Anybody have one? 

arentol

We're also considering selling our Santa Fe for a Trailblazer... any feedback from current Trailblazer owners would be appreciated.

I'm thinking about swapping out my D-Max for a Chevrolet Trailblazer.  Anybody have one? 

In the Philippines? You may find one, but I don't recall seeing one - ever.

----

Unless I am thinking of the wrong vehicle here. My internet is too slow tonight to do much, certainly not an internet search.

Edited by Paul
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

In the Philippines? You may find one, but I don't recall seeing one - ever.

----

Unless I am thinking of the wrong vehicle here. My internet is too slow tonight to do much, certainly not an internet search.

Chevy has introduced the Trailblazer to the Philippines now. 

Davaoeno

They are advertising the new trailblazer extensively these days.  They only mention it as a 4x2  [ and make no mention of a 4x4 ].  They state the torque- which is so high I assume its a diesel engine

Davaoeno

10 Things To Love About the Trailblazer

no-01-trailblazer-14.png

1. ALL THE POWER YOU NEED. Upgraded 2.8-liter DURAMAX diesel engine with VGT & intercooler now delivers 200 bhp and class-leading 500 Nm of torque

no-02-trailblazer-14.png

1. FIRST-CLASS COMFORT. 5-Link Rear Suspension System with Dynamic Driving Technology (DDT)

no-03-trailblazer-14.png

1. STATE-OF-THE-ART. Get behind the wheel and enjoy the difference of driving a truly state-of-the-art SUV with Dynamic Driving Technology (DDT) that includes Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Dynamic Brake Distribution (DBD), Traction Control (TC), Hydraulic Brake Assist (HBA), Panic Brake Assist (PBA), Electronic Stability Control (ESC), Engine Drag Control (EDC), Cornering Brake Control (CBC), Hydraulic Brake Fade Assist (HBFA), Hill Descent Control (HDC) and Hill Start Assist (HAS)

no-04-trailblazer-14.png

1. MAXIMUM EFFICIENCY. Choose between the new 6-Speed manual or the improved 6-Speed automatic transmission with Active Select

no-05-trailblazer-14.png

1. GO ANYWHERE. TOW ANYTHING. 8-crossmember ladder chassis configuration with 800mm water wading capability, 3-ton towing capacity**, you are equipped with everything you need to go virtually anywhere imaginable for a midsized SUV

no-06a-trailblazer-14.png

1. COMFORT AND CONVENIENCE. With the MyLink* color touchscreen display, technology features for your comfort and convenience are always at your fingertips

no-07-trailblazer-14.png

1. ELECTRONIC DRIVE MODE SELECT

. Let your Trailblazer do all the work for you.  Climb rock piles and tow anything simply by turning a knob.  Engaging its 4x4 drive train with limited slip differential is done effortlessly via the quick and easy electronic drive mode select system.

no-08-trailblazer-14.png

1. COMFORT FOR EVERYONE. Easily configurable premium leather seats, rear aircon with 3rd row vents, and generous space for 7 full-sized adults

no-09-trailblazer-14.png

1. FORM & FUNCTION. Projector headlamps*, LED tail lamps*,  powerdome hood design, signature dual-port grill,  18" alloy wheels*

no-10-trailblazer-14.png

1. VALUE LOADED. Camaro-inspired blue LED illuminated gauges, steering-mounted audio* and cruise controls* and headlamp leveling control

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

How much for the top end model?  (probably called LTZ) Can't get it to come up on their website. 

Davaoeno

Introducing the ALL-NEW TRAILBLAZER (7 seater SUV)

Chevrolet Trailblazer 2014 LTZ 2.8 Liter 4x4
New! Duramax diesel engine with 200hp @ 3800 rpm
and Torque of 500Nm @ 2000rpm.
VGTi 6-Speed Automatic Transmission
and Built-in My link 7" touchscreen monitor.

Srp: 1,733,888

Edited by Davaoeno
Buko Beach

Introducing the ALL-NEW TRAILBLAZER (7 seater SUV)

Chevrolet Trailblazer 2014 LTZ 2.8 Liter 4x4

New! Duramax diesel engine with 200hp @ 3800 rpm

and Torque of 500Nm @ 2000rpm.

VGTi 6-Speed Automatic Transmission

and Built-in My link 7" touchscreen monitor.

Srp: 1,733,888

I have an 09 Avalanche LTZ with the 6 speed in it. While I love the truck I can't stand the 6 speed. To get on the freeway or pass someone you need to literally stomp on the gas pedal which causes the truck to lurch violently. Just pressing firmly on the gas will not get the transmission to shift fast enough to do what you want to do. I had an older GMC Sierra with a 4 speed in it and loved it. The 6speed is only good when already on the freeway and cruising at high speed, which rarely happens to someone driving in the Philippines.

• Like 1
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

The 6speed is only good when already on the freeway and cruising at high speed, which rarely happens to someone driving in the Philippines.

Oh we have freeways but rarely get up to speed because people don't seem to grasp the concept of keeping right except to pass. They see nothing wrong with driving slowly in the left lane blocking up the freeway. 

I read some complaints about the chevy 6 speed transmission having clunky shifting but had a 2013 and found it to be fine.