in the US earn $54K a yr without having to go out to work

Lee

Seems like a win win situation for US people looking for ways to survive, children get a family and you get 13k per special needs child you adopt. 

David and Thelma Ward received a tax season surprise that left even their tax preparer in disbelief: a refund to the tune of $54,000.     More..... and video explaining it all.

Even when they did not earn that much. 

smokey

Seems like a win win situation for US people looking for ways to survive, children get a family and you get 13k per special needs child you adopt. 

i raised a few children in the us and its not cheap when they are little diapers and formula are a killer and then school and cloths dentist.. braces.. etc.. not a real profit maker i think 

• Like 1

I believe it becomes cheaper by quantity. Also there is a big difference between raising children and how some people more or less let them raise themselves. 13k tax free for each child each year should more than cover raising them under normal frugal circumstances with hopefully quite a bit extra left over. A person can buy used clothing and feed the children lower costing foods and items such as cable, electric, phone etc cost approx the same for just a couple as it does for a family. If you watch that video the couple tells what they were spending the money on and it was not raising the children. 

The Wards used their tax refund to make home improvements and take the children on trips.

My cousin has a special needs child. His wife died of a brain aneurysm a few years back

The family has got his back and we help take care of Ryan when ever needed or my cousin just needs a break

From first hand experience I can tell you that $13,000 to adopt a special needs child sure would not make what they go through worth it money wise

people like the wards don't do it for the money !!!!

• Like 2

With all respect Lee, I cannot see anyone raising a child for $13,000 per year in the USA. Not even close. And also, think how unfair it is to the kid to participate in our society with 2nd hand clothes , no school supplies, no supper or breakfast meals with any consistency, the only guarantee meal is at school. No real home, just living in rental properties,  I can go on because we have a lot of people here in the south working two low paying jobs for their families,   and still going hungry and cold.  It is very sad. JMHO