Sign in to follow this  
CebuKano

A Weeks Groceries Worldwide

smokey

is this another one of them evil americans threads 

CebuKano

is this another one of them evil americans threads

Curious, what makes you think so? I see it purely as a good observation of what other cultures consume in any given week.

smokey

Curious, what makes you think so? I see it purely as a good observation of what other cultures consume in any given week.

because each country has their own food and what they like so of course the idea is to make people look and feel guilty for having to much the person to see if you want to solve world hunger in africa is sally sturtters /////////   when i lived in oregon there were 11 houses on the street.... besides mine the rest were 3 Mexican family's  ,,, one from india,,, once from Germany ,, one from Scotland so even on our street the amount and the food WE eat would be different so how can some person say THIS IS WHAT A PERSON IN THE USA EATS IN ONE WEEK 

Edited by smokey

CebuKano

Well then, me being American, I envy Italy and France! Look at their weekly haul!

• Like 1

smokey

Well then, me being American, I envy Italy and France! Look at their weekly haul!

and just how long is a piece of string ??

CebuKano

because each country has their own food and what they like so of course the idea is to make people look and feel guilty for having to much the person to see if you want to solve world hunger in africa is sally sturtters /////////   when i lived in oregon there were 11 houses on the street.... besides mine the rest were 3 Mexican family's  ,,, one from india,,, once from Germany ,, one from Scotland so even on our street the amount and the food WE eat would be different so how can some person say THIS IS WHAT A PERSON IN THE USA EATS IN ONE WEEK

Sorry. I didn't realize that some people would require a blind scientific study of what all people consume in any given week, world-wide. My bad :D

• Like 1

lamoe

I wasn't bothered by the visuals.

The industrialized countries appear (by volume) to be consuming like amounts. Different portions of protein, grain, veggies, dairy sure but comparable overall.  

Remember those grains increase in size and the water needed to cook them isn't included,

It's the 3rd world ones that are significantly different. and that's to be expected and accepted. They will never be able to produce or import the same amount for consumption.

• Like 1

miles-high

I like Mexico the best, just replace the coke bottles with a case of red wine... :)

• Like 1

Baywak

The countries that most would consider to be the poorest actually have the healthier food in there weeks worth of grocery photos!The folks in these countries live more physically active lifes,eat less but healthier food thus are better nourished and probably happier.

my post is in response to the foods shown-obviously if people are sadly without the food they need-that's a whole different story.

Edited by Baywak
  • Like 2

Monsoon

I must be doing  something wrong I can only see the first pic. 

smidsy

Scroll down past the advert.

I thought it was fascinating(I worked in food for a while though so maybe just me), and no anti-US at all, I think some people just need a hug !

Its obviously a general example, taking a random sample.

Interesting the Mexico has the same Coke obsession as Philippines.

Also, that most first world countries are eating processed foods, and third world eating fresh - again being general, dont go invading me (I dont have any oil either :sarcasm: )

• Like 1

KID

The photos are a bit skewed---- hardly any meat in the pics

interesting none the less

Germans sure like their beer

• Like 1

Ricky

The German photo with 4 bottles of wine and roughly a case of beer seems a bit extreme?

On the most part, all looked similar with fruit, veg, meat, bread, rice, potatoes. However, the UK, USA and Canada seemed to have more processed foods.

• Like 2

spritsail

The folks in these countries live more physically active lifes,eat less but healthier food thus are better nourished and probably happier.

They used say that during the war time years (ww2) and the years following with rationing that Britain was the healthier and happier than its ever been. People were encouraged to grow their own vegetables, and improvise with different fillers like grated carrot in Xmas puds. I think there is nothing better than home grown broad beans, leeks and potatoes that grew in abundance on my 10 rod allotment plot.