internet service

Hi as anyone found a good internet source here In cebu as I have tried 90% of them here with the same results.

Smart bro canopy is ok but soon as your first year is over there won’t come out to repair any problems.

Globe is very hit or miss

But I thought all my problems would be over when sky came but my hopes were dashed very quickly here as the service is just as bad as all other internet providers here has anyone else had similar problems here or is my search for decent internet in vain

Welcome to the philippines

• Like 2
SomeRandomGuy

Welcome to the philippines

^ ^

SomeRandomGuy

I am with globe at the moment and it is ok... mind u i have to ring the pricks once a month to get it to be ok... but hey thats how things seem to be here.

• Like 1

with the various quakes and the storms I am not surprised that the Cebu area is suffering infrastructure issues at this time.

with the various quakes and the storms I am not surprised that the Cebu area is suffering infrastructure issues at this time.

I understand that but what about before it was bad then you cant blame the earthquakes and storms  for everything I run a internet business and its getting harder to run it here.

in my house I have 2 internets one globe and one sky and I have to change at least 5 times a day if one is down

throttleplate

best thing is to move,to another country.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

I tried replying to you with useful information but my post disappeared. If you can get a DSL connection (PLDT) that is probably he most reliable you will get in this country. The new Smart 4G is also reported as decent. But if your needing fast and reliable internet to survive here you should prepare to pay around $800-$1000 a month in a commercial setting or move to a neighboring Asian country and pay $30 for reliable service. I'm not trying to be sarcastic its just how it is here at the moment. Another option is to move into one of the few areas that are serviced with better infrastructure, this is areas of Makati and other parts of metro Manila. 

• Like 1

best thing is to move,to another country.

thanks I think your right I think its time to move  so after xmas  I will be off as I don't want to be one of them people who has to count every peso to live here and everybody needs income

• Like 1

PLDT Plans

http://pldthome.com/surf/mydsl/about?utm_source=SEM&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=AlwaysOn&utm_content=myDSLHighSpeedDSL&gclid=CNuGopWpkLsCFcZV4godiU8AXQ

Notice this part

Features and Specifications
  • Connection: Wired
  • Surfing Hours: Unlimited
  • Comes with the following:
    • FREE PLDT to PLDT NDD calls for 12 months.
    • FREE 30 mins ID-DSL Callers, Package to USA, China, Canada, Hongkong or Thailand. Just add Php99.00/month.
  • 12 month lock-in period
  • Monthly Service Fee (MSF) is billed on top of PLDT Landline's MSF
  • FREE WiFi modem and installation fee

thanks for the info but I have been to pldt and them said there is no lines here and wont put one in

thanks for the info but I have been to pldt and them said there is no lines here and wont put one in

Yes I forgot to add that part

I also live in an area where PLDT nor Globe will put in a land line, I have a Globe wimax connection,

well it works most the time but it is not high speed.

My comment about PLDT plans was mostly for Dalis

I just moved into a house high in the hills of consolacion.  we went to sm for kfc and we walked pass a globe store. had some kind of promo which my gf thought was a good deal. she told them she would sign up if they guys would come out within one hour and get us on the internet. they showed up and I have EXCELLENT high speed internet. It's as good as in the states.
also went with globe for the landline. that was a transfer of service from my girlfriends former house and it went well. I have used the landline several times to call the u.s. and the connection was fast and clear.
I had to laugh about me calling chase bank in the u.s. for some issues. they connected me with customer service...which is in Cebu. I wish they had a chase bank in Cebu.

I just moved into a house high in the hills of consolacion. we went to sm for kfc and we walked pass a globe store. had some kind of promo which my gf thought was a good deal. she told them she would sign up if they guys would come out within one hour and get us on the internet. they showed up and I have EXCELLENT high speed internet. It's as good as in the states..

So which Globe product is this?