Be Careful With Christmas Spirit in Minnesota

CebuKano

CebuKano

Tis the Season. How dare he do "abnormal" things like this. Someone might get hurt.... BS.

-----------------------------

BLOOMINGTON, Minn. (WCCO) – You know the old saying: money doesn’t fall from the sky?  Well, it did on Black Friday at Mall of America.

Serge Vorobyov — who goes by the YouTube handle “Serge the Car Hauler” — threw $1,000 in dollar bills from the fourth floor of the Mall of America rotunda as a choir performed “Let it Snow” on the ground floor below.

Serge said the reason he surprised everyone and tossed out the cascade of cash is because he’s had a rough year and just wanted to help other people on Black Friday.

“People think it’s an evil number, I thought it was supposed to be a lucky number,” he said on a YouTube vlog explaining the event. “I went through a horrible divorce, and she even took the cat and won’t tell me where it is. I thought I would just spread some holiday cheer … pay it forward.”

Unfortunately, Bloomington police did not share his vision of yuletide cheer. They arrested him and charged him with disorderly conduct.

A Mall of America spokesperson said his antics could have caused a major disturbance and someone could have been hurt.

“I think all the people down there enjoyed it,” Serge said.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2013/11/30/man-cited-after-tossing-1000-into-moa-rotunda/

• Like 1

Booooo! Hisss!

Bloomington Police, get some Christmas Cheer in yourselves! 

Disorderly conduct on black Friday----- imagine that

I see the long arm of the law once again has over extended itself

• Like 1
InternetTough

Abbie Hoffman did something similar a long time ago. I think he did it on the floor of the NY Stock Exchange.

• Like 1
Brucewayne

Abbie Hoffman did something similar a long time ago. I think he did it on the floor of the NY Stock Exchange.

Our U.S. politicians do it every day as long as it isn't for our own citizens.

Since I am from Minnesota, but not from Bloomington, I would like to defend the Cops and MOA Management.

If anyone that has commented here thus far had been at the Mall of America with their Children and someone got hurt in the melee, how fast would you have sued the Police and the Mall of America, for their lack of taking precautions for the safety of the children and adults alike? 

There are other ways that he could have spread the wealth that would have been just as fun, but not as dangerous - 

Just Sayin

CebuKano

Since I am from Minnesota, but not from Bloomington, I would like to defend the Cops and MOA Management.

If anyone that has commented here thus far had been at the Mall of America with their Children and someone got hurt in the melee, how fast would you have sued the Police and the Mall of America, for their lack of taking precautions for the safety of the children and adults alike? 

There are other ways that he could have spread the wealth that would have been just as fun, but not as dangerous - 

Just Sayin

First of all, Minnesota is a great state. One of the best. But I find it sad that giving away money has to be sanctioned by the government before it's "approved". Kind of takes the wind out of the spirit of giving.

First of all, Minnesota is a great state. One of the best. But I find it sad that giving away money has to be sanctioned by the government before it's "approved". Kind of takes the wind out of the spirit of giving.

Yah sure, you bech ya!

smokey

i know a guy who wanted to fly over a big event and drop a bunch of 1 dollar bills with his web site stamped on each bill i think that just might be a big case of littering which the fine can be up to 250 for each piece of litter 

Brucewayne

i know a guy who wanted to fly over a big event and drop a bunch of 1 dollar bills with his web site stamped on each bill i think that just might be a big case of littering which the fine can be up to 250 for each piece of litter 

Not to mention the fact that he could have been prosecuted by the government for defacing currency of the U.S. government, which is a felony.

I don't see how the police can consider that any worse than stores like Walmart, Target, Best Buy, ETC, setting out a few cheap electronics, then letting hundreds of people through the doors all at once to fight over them.

If people get into fights or hurt others while trying to grab the money, charge those individuals with disorderly conduct.

I don't see how the police can consider that any worse than stores like Walmart, Target, Best Buy, ETC, setting out a few cheap electronics, then letting hundreds of people through the doors all at once to fight over them.

If people get into fights or hurt others while trying to grab the money, charge those individuals with disorderly conduct.

So what were the people in Walmart, Target and other stores charged with?

The guy at MOA was on the fourth level dumping Dollar Bills on a crowd below - people scrambling for $1 don't care about kids in baby strollers or old folk with walkers