• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Irenicus

• SomeRandomGuy

• Monsoon

• Paul

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First off, I wanted to thank all the members who have posted a massive amount of good information on moving/visiting/living in the RP.  I would say 90% of oddly unique things I have encountered I alre

Thanks, great post, I'm sure it brings back memories of how blown away we were when we first arrived to many of us.   You sure seem to have a great attitude towards the place, hope you never lose it

Every week can be like your first. Just let it and don't get dragged down by the negatives. There's a lot of good things here - but different from the west. Learn to enjoy the good and laugh at the no

Posted Images

• Admin (Retired)
broden

you realize 

no one is going to take you seriously 

until they see you dancing in an orange jumpsuit

• Like 1

First off,

Finally, I was really shocked at the number of beautiful women here. 

Again, I am loving it here. , I would say that at this point in my life, the RP is exactly what I needed. 

:Yay:

First off.  Honeymoons are like that :)

• Like 4

Irene,

First, with all the ghay men around, apparently you will not find it difficult to find a date. I'm happy for you. Invite us to the wedding.

Second, I don't mind if you mention the name of the place you found a decent deal at. Why don't you add the deposit, monthly rate, etc., along with what you already have done?

$150 US per month? Larry (shadow), is that right? Have I not rented in Dumaguete so long, that a typical rate, monthly, for a motorbike is $150 USD?! 

Oh, whoever told you it was not bad ten years ago - is full of shit. It was a bear then, too. Especially along the main thoroughfares through town. Back then, it was so bad, they were considering having the pedicabs take one mandatory day off per week, depending on the first digit in their tag numbers. They never went through with this, naturally. It would have made too much sense. 

Dumaguete has grown a lot since then, though. I'm impressed with the distance it has come.

• Like 4
Mr. Mike

Keep on posting. It's always interesting to read the observations of a person's first days in the RP.

• Like 2
shadow

Irene,

First, with all the ghay men around, apparently you will not find it difficult to find a date. I'm happy for you. Invite us to the wedding.

Second, I don't mind if you mention the name of the place you found a decent deal at. Why don't you add the deposit, monthly rate, etc., along with what you already have done?

$150 US per month? Larry (shadow), is that right? Have I not rented in Dumaguete so long, that a typical rate, monthly, for a motorbike is $150 USD?! 

Oh, whoever told you it was not bad ten years ago - is full of shit. It was a bear then, too. Especially along the main thoroughfares through town. Back then, it was so bad, they were considering having the pedicabs take one mandatory day off per week, depending on the first digit in their tag numbers. They never went through with this, naturally. It would have made too much sense. 

Dumaguete has grown a lot since then, though. I'm impressed with the distance it has come.

Well, $150 is about right for where Irenicus has put his roots, downtown the going rate is P4-5T per month. His rent he would find similarly expensive after he has been here a while and sees what other options await. But, it is somewhat convenient, and geared for the newcomer...

He probably got the info about 10 years ago here from the McDonald's crowd, almost none of which have been here for 10 years. They still have not addressed the 4000+ pedicab issue...

;)

• Like 3
tobster

Be lady-boy aware, breathe thru your mouth when passing the dried fish area of the market, while riding assume everyone is trying to kill you and as to the girls....don't get tied to the first cute one..enjoy the hunt.

• Like 1
thebob

Yo! Irene. It's a mind bender isn't it? I'm still 18 days away from wheels down, and it always tickles the imagination.

Can you actually remember any of the things you stressed about, before you got there? Didn't think so.

Have fun, I always do.

• Like 1
jtmwatchbiz

nice G rated report and glad to hear you're enjoying yourself and stay safe!

see you downstairs for the nitty gritty.

• Like 2

Thank you for your post.  Enjoyed reading it.

My history of Philippines includes Negros, Dumaguete and especially  Tanjay City.

Nearer to Christmas I suggest you take your love ones to Bais City, about an hour drive away.

That city has a lot of nice Christmas lights and we used to go there as much as we could.

• Like 1

Good start Irene---- your on your way to a award winning thread

The award being a 6 pack--------------------------- of Balut

Edited by KID
  • Like 2

And while I remember it...

Friday or Saturday evenings there is an outdoor dancing event in Tanjay City. My ex and her sister loved it.

Live music and professional dancers to show you the steps.

Your woman will love it.

• Like 2
mikewright

Thanks, great post, I'm sure it brings back memories of how blown away we were when we first arrived to many of us.

You sure seem to have a great attitude towards the place, hope you never lose it.

• Like 5