Couples Massage

Buko Beach

Buko Beach

Looking for a decent, clean, affordable spa or massage place in or around Cebu City that provides a good couples massage. I know that almost every little massage place around Cebu would be happy to do a couples massage but after I hear them dragging two massage beds together in one small room it kind of kills the moment if you know what I mean.

I used to go to K1 on Ramos, but I have not gotten a decent massage in there since 2010 so I will not be back. 

My wife and I have been to the Prana medispa over in Club Ultima but I hated it. The massage was ok but the price was inflated and there were half a dozen staff around the spa talking and joking loudly, which pretty much ruined the relaxation for me. When I came out from the massage some OJT joker was laughing and talking with his 'outside voice' and I told him that it was a spa and he should be quiet. Something tells me he didn't get it or he didn't care. Either way I never went back. 

My wife and I have been to the Chi spa at Shangri-La and it was heavenly but crazy expensive. The massages and milk bathes were included with a package deal, otherwise there was no way I would spend 18000php+++ for a couples massage.

So I'm looking for a place that's not too expensive, has a nice ambience and professional staff.

Anyone have any suggestions? Prices? Websites? Hot stone massage, thai, deep tissue?

Cheers.

Edited by Buko Beach
Wolfpack

Looking for a decent, clean, affordable spa or massage place in or around Cebu City that provides a good couples massage. I know that almost every little massage place around Cebu would be happy to do a couples massage but after I hear them dragging two massage beds together in one small room it kind of kills the moment if you know what I mean.

I used to go to K1 on Ramos, but I have not gotten a decent massage in there since 2010 so I will not be back. 

My wife and I have been to the Prana medispa over in Club Ultima but I hated it. The massage was ok but the price was inflated and there were half a dozen staff around the spa talking and joking loudly, which pretty much ruined the relaxation for me. When I came out from the massage some OJT joker was laughing and talking with his 'outside voice' and I told him that it was a spa and he should be quiet. Something tells me he didn't get it or he didn't care. Either way I never went back. 

My wife and I have been to the Chi spa at Shangri-La and it was heavenly but crazy expensive. The massages and milk bathes were included with a package deal, otherwise there was no way I would spend 18000php+++ for a couples massage.

So I'm looking for a place that's not too expensive, has a nice ambience and professional staff.

Anyone have any suggestions? Prices? Websites? Hot stone massage, thai, deep tissue?

Cheers.

sometimes, you got to just pay the price...to get real real massage in the states, costs so much more than here...just pay the darn price...

best suggestion, Marco Polo Plaza...quiet, relaxing...and I really do not know the price cause I charged it to my room like I did everything else when I stayed there...

Scruffydog

Cheers.

We got one at plantation bay that was awesome. I think you can go with out staying there.Seems like it was a bout 35 US a piece.

• Like 1

Try *The Spa* at Ayala Terraces.  They remodeled around two years ago and at least one of the rooms on the second floor is a couples room for a very nice therapeutic massage or combination body scrub and massage.

• Like 3
Rocketman

A friend of mine owns Spa at Cebu and it's a first-rate business. The prices are relatively high, I think P1000, but there are discount packages. He has a few locations - 1 in Ayala, 1 in the entrance of Maria Luisa and one in J Center mall. I'm not an expert because I use the cheap ones! I tell him I can't afford his place!

• Like 1
Buko Beach

I checked out The Spa at Cebu's website and the prices seem very reasonable. In the 2-5000php range for couples massage. I did not know they had three locations; Ayala, Banilad near Ma Luisa and in the J Center Mall.

Has anyone been to the Banilad location?

• Administrator
Salty Dog

I checked out the facilities at the one in Ayala and it seemed very nice. Haven't been back for a massage though.

You might want to check out the Spa at the Radisson Blu.

throttleplate

the maassuse always blushes when i ask her for happy ending in front of my gf laying next to me

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Try *The Spa* at Ayala Terraces.  They remodeled around two years ago and at least one of the rooms on the second floor is a couples room for a very nice therapeutic massage or combination body scrub and massage.

Haven't been to that location but been to other locations of theirs and can attest that they provide  professional massage, couples as well. The only thing I don't like about them is how they have been trained to hand over the tip envelope at the end. Not really necessary for people who are wiling to pay their prices. Someone paying their rate for massage knows the game, and doesn't need an in your face reminder. Tacky and one reason why I don;t use them anymore. 

arentol

My wife and I had a massage at the Banilad location a few weeks ago and we've tried the Ayala location a few times. As mentioned previously, the Ayala one has a couples room. 

The Banilad branch is OK. They also have a couples room. The environment is clean and it has the native decor. The experience itself, at either place, was OK at best... you get what you pay for and it's not in the same league as the fancy resorts. One resort that was particularly enjoyable is Alegre to the north of Cebu in Sogod.

If you love frequent massages and don't want to keep spending a fortune... then my only advice is to decorate a spare bedroom in your home. Add some Asian-inspired decor, a small running water feature, a soft single bed, and add some New Age Meditation music. Then call a home service. We just had body massages and some reflexology earlier tonight courtesy of Spaholic -- just Php 250/hour. They sent 2 girls and we had 2 massages and 2 reflexology sessions for 1,000. 

Cheers,

Aren

I checked out The Spa at Cebu's website and the prices seem very reasonable. In the 2-5000php range for couples massage. I did not know they had three locations; Ayala, Banilad near Ma Luisa and in the J Center Mall.

Has anyone been to the Banilad location?

• Like 1
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

That is true. We use home service a lot here. But its best to use a throw away sim card because the ones we use, regardless of how many times the wife and I  tell them to stop, they keep texting you continuously asking if you: "Sir/Mam would you like massage?"

In the future I will always contact them via the house/maid phone.