BI Update - Dress code and processing

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Actually I disagree, many of us laugh of this focus on being able to go to BI as a bum and homeless. For me, this total lack of respect! Show some respect, then you have less trouble in this country.
I go to BI to pay money. Thats it. I think its 100 pesos a year? Not sure.as.i dont go there myself.How is your fake PTC going?Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk Edited by Monsoon
  • Like 1
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• udonthani

• Skywalker

• Monsoon

• HTM

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would always wear long trousers at the BoI office anyway, regardless of whether or not they were enforcing any dress code.   I am the same when I go out in the evenings too. A couple of nights ago

Personally, I'll dress any way that makes the process go easily. I always prefer to have low paid govt employees feel good when I deal with them. They are less likely to screw over someone who "play

Actually I disagree, many of us laugh of this focus on being able to go to BI as a bum and homeless. For me, this total lack of respect!   Show some respect, then you have less trouble in this count

Nangulo

How about Balikbayans, is an ECC needed?

No.

I think udonthani is under the mistaken impression that anyone gives a shit about what he wears.

• Like 5

You should probably change up where you hang out then. If thats all you see from the expat community.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Most of the expat community dresses well!

It is mostly among the minority of expat who are Americans and Europeans you see this.

The Chinese, Koreans, Africans and Arabs dresses usually pretty good.

The problem that BI had is that many tourists were not aware of the "dress code rules", this is understandable at first visit.

But it's ridiculous when people have trouble following and understand a simple dress code after many years and visits to BI.

• Like 1
I would always wear long trousers at the BoI office anyway, regardless of whether or not they were enforcing any dress code.

I am the same when I go out in the evenings too. A couple of nights ago I had a drink with a foreign friend in a videoke bar in a small Cebu town. The place is not flash, but decent. Soft furnishings. Not a spit and sawdust 5 peso in the slot kind of place. My friend was wearing shorts. I pointed out to him that of the 15 or so guys in the room, only two were wearing shorts, him and another foreigner. Each one of the dozen Filipino guys, almost all of whom were under 30, were wearing long trousers.

I'm in the city now and I will be wearing long trousers later too, when I am walking around in the evening, although right now in the afternoon, yes I am, wearing shorts. To me it just doesn't feel or look right walking around a city at night, in shorts.[/quot

thanks for your comments on my post, I'd like to point out that I was " testing " the new dress code as a point of curiousity ...and aslo ..when I start caring about what Filipino men are wearing to KTV bars, then its probably time for me to leave the country...now, the girls..thats a different story.

Actually I disagree, many of us laugh of this focus on being able to go to BI as a bum and homeless. For me, this total lack of respect!

Show some respect, then you have less trouble in this country.

I hope you were not suggesting that I was dressed like a homeless bum , and that I was demonstrating a lack of respect for the country ...that .. is totally offensive ! Mate I was a lot better attired , than many of the guys there in there " long " pants..

• Like 1

I hope you were not suggesting that I was dressed like a homeless bum , and that I was demonstrating a lack of respect for the country ...that .. is totally offensive ! Mate I was a lot better attired , than many of the guys there in there " long " pants..

No I'm not referring to you directly, I understand your post and test of new rules.

But the dress code has been a topic for years and that people are surprised and offended that they can't dress as they wish is to me ridiculous.

Once a year or every month, you can dress up without it hurts, when you have the rules in BI.

Even with the new more liberal dress codes, I think some want to break them too!

It's the attitude of "nobody can demand things from me" that I address.

• Like 1
udonthani

I hope you were not suggesting that I was dressed like a bum , and that I was demonstrating a lack of respect for the country ...that .. is totally offensive ! Mate I was a lot better attired , than many of the guys there in there " long " pants..

wel your pic on here in singlet doesn't lend much support to that claim pal. Singlets are out, even in somewhere like the pre-typhoon Santa Fe in my opinion, though that never stopped the daytime drinking drunken foreigner bums there walking around in them or even with no shirts at all. Like the bloke in his 50s seen stumbling around in a totally comatose state at 2pm in the afternoon in front of Leyland's in Argao wearing nothing but a pair of swim shorts, not even any shoes. Which is why the high school girls avoid walking past that place and and go out of their way take a different route back from school. They are sick of being leered at by drunken singlet wearing foreigner bums that look like you in your profile pic. 

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

singlet

Is that British for 'wife beater'?  I have loads of british friends and never had them use the term 'singlet' before. Must be advanced British? 

• Like 1
udonthani

Is that British for 'wife beater'?  I have loads of british friends and never had them use the term 'singlet' before. Must be advanced British? 

I assure you it is common usage among quite a chunk of the English speaking world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleeveless_shirt

Types of sleeveless shirts

Another term, used in England, Scotland, Ireland, Australia, Nigeria, and New Zealand, is singlet.

Edited by udonthani
towboat72

wel your pic on here in singlet doesn't lend much support to that claim pal. Singlets are out, even in somewhere like the pre-typhoon Santa Fe in my opinion, though that never stopped the daytime drinking drunken foreigner bums there walking around in them or even with no shirts at all. Like the bloke in his 50s seen stumbling around in a totally comatose state at 2pm in the afternoon in front of Leyland's in Argao wearing nothing but a pair of swim shorts, not even any shoes. Which is why the high school girls avoid walking past that place and and go out of their way take a different route back from school. They are sick of being leered at by drunken singlet wearing foreigner bums that look like you in your profile pic. 

so your saying its ok for you to be leering at the high school girls because your wearing a fancy shirt  and long pants

Edited by towboat72
  • Like 1

[/quote

haha ..mate I kinda like u n your posts, but u dont know me, or much about me..1. My profile pic was taken beside the pool at Crimson Resort, easily as appropriate attire for that location as it is to sit at a piano in t-shirt and blue jeans, 2. I have been to Ste Fe since the Typhoon...there are lots of Singlets being worn there, oh what was I doing there ? Helping with relief work ... how about you ? 3. Mate , from your with obsession with Grande's its obvious you drink a lot more than I do..so please dont fill my topic with off-topic rants about drunken foreigners, and school girls.

• Like 4
udonthani

singlets are just naff anywhere, when Filipinos wear them too. And quite a few do, however they tend to be about 15 years of age - which by a curious coincidence is the mental age of most of the singlet wearing leering daytime drunks at places like Kiwi Kottages in Santa Fe (now deceased, I heard) Leyland's in Argao, and that Powerfoods caranderia in Moalboal (although they will shortly transer to the new 7/11 when it is finished where small Sm's will be 27 pesos). I am not wearing jeans in that pic, I never wear long pants jeans in the tropics that is another totally inappropriate choice of clothing (though denim shorts can look ok on girls).

johnboy999

singlets are just naff anywhere, when Filipinos wear them too. And quite a few do, however they tend to be about 15 years of age - which by a curious coincidence is the mental age of most of the singlet wearing leering daytime drunks at places like Kiwi Kottages in Santa Fe (now deceased, I heard) Leyland's in Argao, and that Powerfoods caranderia in Moalboal (although they will shortly transer to the new 7/11 when it is finished where small Sm's will be 27 pesos). I am not wearing jeans in that pic, I never wear long pants jeans in the tropics that is another totally inappropriate choice of clothing (though denim shorts can look ok on girls).

I guess you've never travelled on a Ceres bus? 99.9% of the conductors/inspectors/drivers I've ever seen on there are wearing blue jeans. And they are all Filipinos. So, how is that a totally inappropriate choice of clothing?

• Like 1
SkyMan

Another term, used in England, Scotland, Ireland, Australia, Nigeria, and New Zealand, is singlet.

So its obscure then.
  • Like 2